Romance Allowed for the jedi classes?

RevanKnight

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would make for a really "interesting" relationship.

"oh, honey, i'm going out for a girls night out, i'll probably won't be home for several days, most probably i'll be very tired when i do come back.."

Jedi husband:

*audible sigh, peers over the edge of the newspaper*

"ok, honey, tell the male strippers i said hi"

*turns to the sports pages in the paper and continues reading*

Following the jedi code strctly denies you your emotions, so your companions would be little more than "business-partners" , getting emotional and thus dipping into the darkside slightly won't bother me, it's thematic imho.

Join the darkside, we have all-you-can-eat buffé's at the strip-joints :p

It's funny how in KOTOR the message was "love will save you from the dark side", and was thumped into your skull by Jolee Bindo, Bastilla, Carth, etc. But in TOR it's the Dark Side option.

It is only darkside for the two classes that more or less take a vow not to take part in a romance and are oathbreakers if they do.

The remaining six classes do not get darkside points as far as I know.

You get Dark Side points as a Jedi because if you peruse the romances, you specifically say, "Well, the council is wrong, let's do it anyway" (paraphrasing).

i hope this is not true, let me point this one out the Jedi council is not all right, and sometime they lean too the darkside. without mean to only because they don't know everything :p

It takes Dark Side points because falling in love is specifically against the jedi code.

"There is no emotion, there is peace"

That is not to say jedi are without emotion, it's just to say that they try not to let emotion guide their decisions and actions, and the jedi council (at the time of the old republic) understands that falling in love is a huge emotional attachment that can lead to all kinds of emotional breakdowns therefore increasing the lure of the dark side.

Edited by Arccion

I love that the current Grand Master of the Jedi was born of a Jedi Union and is descendant from Bastila and Revan, and yet Jedi love is DS? lol

Then you are probably going to like this one even more, she also has a son :p

On Topic: I think it is a lot about semantics really, you can make valid points for both sides of the argument.

At the end of the day though, I think it comes down to game mechanics (if indeed this is the way it is implemented in game).

It makes sense to give a Dark side points to a Sith for pursuing a romance since they are "giving" in to passion. I don't think many people would argue otherwise or I am wrong?

Thus in extention (since the main conflict of the game is basically Sith versus Jedi) it makes sense to award Dark and Light side points on the same criteria for the force wielding classes on both sides of the fence. If you follow my meaning.

Personally I am fine either way. Especially since I am going to role a Bounty Hunter :D

Edited by Westphal

So, I heard bioware was considering getting rid of the dark side points for jedi romance responses. Did they?

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

Nope, no passion for you. You do get serenity however. I guess that's good. :cool:

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

Nope, no passion for you. You do get serenity however. I guess that's good. :cool:

well i guees i'm not a jedi or a sith ^^ I'M The New Chosen One who uses both sides :D

The Chosen One

An ancient prophecy foretold the appearance of a chosen one imbued with a high concentration of midi-chlorians, strong with the Force, and destined to alter it forever. Anakin Skywalker was believed by many to be the chosen one. He had the highest concentration of midi-chlorians the Jedi Council had ever seen. He was possibly conceived by the midi-chlorians (parthenogenesis)

Edited by Jay_focus_Zal

I love that the current Grand Master of the Jedi was born of a Jedi Union and is descendant from Bastila and Revan, and yet Jedi love is DS? lol
The mantra of the Jedi, much like the laws of "first world" countries, is quickly and conveniently forgotten in the case of celebrities.

I was under the impression that you can romance as a jedi without getting dark side points. There's only certain choices during the romance arc that get you them.

After all, the male consular's romance choice is one of the most goody-goody companions in the game. :)

would make for a really "interesting" relationship.

"oh, honey, i'm going out for a girls night out, i'll probably won't be home for several days, most probably i'll be very tired when i do come back.."

Jedi husband:

*audible sigh, peers over the edge of the newspaper*

"ok, honey, tell the male strippers i said hi"

*turns to the sports pages in the paper and continues reading*

Following the jedi code strctly denies you your emotions, so your companions would be little more than "business-partners" , getting emotional and thus dipping into the darkside slightly won't bother me, it's thematic imho.

Join the darkside, we have all-you-can-eat buffé's at the strip-joints :p

I lol'd

Except in my case it would be

Jedi husband:

*stops reading, mulls over words, peers over the edge of the holo-paper*

"off to save the galaxy again and show you're a force of good?"

Me: "Yes dear, we're going to Tattooine to help free slavers and take down a slave ring"

Jedi husband: "well alright, bring me back a color crystal, and something for the kids, they like souvenirs, don't get hurt!"

Me: "Always bring back awesome presents, and I won't, you worry to much, it's not like I don't have backup blaster pistols" *kisses on cheek, heads for ship bay*