No Lana Beniko Romance? Not a bug, you were just locked into a Valkorion romance!

matthobbit

Does this also affect the old companion romance flags? Because obviously that would undo everyone's marriages. That would be probably the most horrible possible explanation for why Vette didn't mention Jaesa to me in Profit and Plunder.

I'm not sure if it's still a problem but when KOTFE first released I remember some romance flags from 1-50 romances not working for a lot of people, I had three character romances not flag right as in no LI letter from them (Iresso x 2 :mad: and Temple). I'm pretty sure however this was fixed and I've had no issue with any 1-50 romance flags since.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Yeah I think they fixed that. Fortunately I was someone who's romance flags worked properly. But I'm still worried that the flags might still end up glitched along the way.

Although I guess the fact that people can still reconnect with Torian, Kaliyo, Vette and Jorgan after X number of updates does suggest the flags still work.

OK here's an update. I feel like something else must being going on. Because I tried raising Lana's affection up higher than Koth's like I did on another character. That didn't work. Even when I restarted it. Then I tried playing the chapter up to the end of the Arcann fight (Romanced Koth showed up), then I restarted the chapter like I did before and all of sudden the Lana kiss triggered. So... somehow restarting the chapter seems to be the key for me.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the 2 month necro (Shouldn't be a big deal) but the bug hasn't been fixed.

BUT: I recieved confirmation in an in-game ticket that the devs are aware of the bug, and that it will be fixed in a future patch as soon as possible!

• 2 weeks later...
I played KOTFE with 8 characters and always romanced Lana without any problems, even despite of any occasional flirting with Koth or Theron to padd approval rating. After several weeks of not playing a new character in SWTOR, I went into KOTFE with one this week and end up in the cantina scene where the Flirt dialogue option forces Theron. Didn't think about it up until this point but in chapter 8 it was Koth who came to rescue me, when in all my previous playthroughs it had been Lana so I guess the lockout occurred even before that.

I did

* tell Lana about Valkorion living in my head in the swamp

* always reject Valkorion's power when offered

* flirt with Lana when possible

Is there finally a bug confirmation for this? As said, I went through this process multiple times before and always got the same result - except for this time. I simply can not imagine where I could have messed this up.

I have the same problem:/

• 1 month later...
You are correct. Patches are resetting the flags if you haven't locked in the romance before the next update. You should have ~30 days between patches to get the first nine chapters done and the romance locked in before there's an issue.

It seems a rather hazardous workaround. If there's an unexpected patch then bye bye marriage.

• 1 month later...

Whee, here comes another necro (sorry everyone).

Seems they still haven't fixed this. Or if they have, it hasn't been retrospective. Anyone know which it is?

Trying to decide if I just reroll my SW or not (and if I do, do I have to run her from 1 or can I use the 60 boost?).

Whee, here comes another necro (sorry everyone).

Seems they still haven't fixed this. Or if they have, it hasn't been retrospective. Anyone know which it is?

Trying to decide if I just reroll my SW or not (and if I do, do I have to run her from 1 or can I use the 60 boost?).

I think you have to reroll if you got the bug before. You can't pick the romance up in KotET. The bug where it can wipe out the romance flags with new chapters might be gone since they aren't even doing those updates anymore but it wouldn't be retrospective.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a female sith worrier

I only used his power to save Lana at the start and have not used it since. I was flirting with Lana every time I could but at the end of the fallen empire and the start of the Eternal thrown no more flirt options come up and they should be?What has happened someone tell me please!!!!

I am a female sith worrier

I only used his power to save Lana at the start and have not used it since. I was flirting with Lana every time I could but at the end of the fallen empire and the start of the Eternal thrown no more flirt options come up and they should be?What has happened someone tell me please!!!!

You can only fix the bug in KOTFE.

Once you start KOTET you cannot romance Lana unless you are already romancing her.

So... your relationship with Ms. Beniko is forever ended.

Nevermore!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me share my sad story:

1st Warrior. Romance worked perfectly. But I am LS so when Vette returned...I just had to break up with Lana. I mean marriage is a promise and you can't break up a promise right? so bye Lana. Im now concerned of my babies being blue.

2nd Warrior. Evil. Crazy Evil. But since I knew Jaesa is kinda forgotten, I romanced Vette but I was really thinking Id get with Lana anyway. Guess what? I DIDN'T NOTICE the bug. I was sure I had Lana again and when Vette returned I broke up with her. Thanks BW now Im an evil SINGLE warrior.