Need explanation on crafting decorations, their timers and impact on legacy

Vercundus

Can anyone reliably explain how crafting decorations work?

So far I had situations where I could farm one deco for 10-15 times until I get the debuf. Sometimes, that same node is not active and cannot collect. Usually I can collect 1-2-3 times and that is it. What is the impact of the legacy? I have a suspicion that if a node farmed x number of times it is unavailable for every toon, not just the one that farmed it, for some time.

My understanding (probably faulty when I acquired it AND very out of date) is this:

* Each time you collect from one, it has a chance of applying the debuff.

* If you have the debuff, NONE of them give you anything.

* The debuff lasts four hours.

* The debuff applies to your whole legacy.

In practice, most times when I try it, I get the debuff after three or four gathering attempts. What have you been giving the Mistress of Pain(1) to get her to approve ten successes in a row?

(1) Also known as Fortuna, Lady Luck, The Lady (only on the Discworld), or RNGesus.

Can anyone reliably explain how crafting decorations work?

So far I had situations where I could farm one deco for 10-15 times until I get the debuf. Sometimes, that same node is not active and cannot collect. Usually I can collect 1-2-3 times and that is it. What is the impact of the legacy? I have a suspicion that if a node farmed x number of times it is unavailable for every toon, not just the one that farmed it, for some time.

Two different cooldowns.

One is RNG on your character (getting more than a few harvests before hitting the cooldown is rare), once they get the debuff, that character cannot harvest from any deco node until the cooldown expires (like 4 hours or something).

The other is on the node itself, after a certain (fairly low in my experience) number of harvests, the node itself will go inactive (no idea how long it takes to reset - though recall not as long as the player debuff).

Regardless, simply going to edit mode, picking up the deco, then placing it back will reset the node.

Two different cooldowns.

One is RNG on your character (getting more than a few harvests before hitting the cooldown is rare), once they get the debuff, that character cannot harvest from any deco node until the cooldown expires (like 4 hours or something).

The other is on the node itself, after a certain (fairly low in my experience) number of harvests, the node itself will go inactive (no idea how long it takes to reset - though recall not as long as the player debuff).

Regardless, simply going to edit mode, picking up the deco, then placing it back will reset the node.

My experience is as follows:

The "resource exhaustion" debuff is on the character.

If I log into another character in the same stronghold and attempt to use the same gathering deco, it does not work, cannot even click it. ALL other decos are usable.

However, if I log into another character in a different stronghold, gather something there, then logout and then login to a third character in the same stronghold as the first, then the gathering node that was "exhausted" becomes active again.

When I discovered this, I started alternating between Pub and Imp characters in the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds respectively. Both SHs have the same gathering decos so I can go through all my characters and gather from the same deco over and over.

I will try psandak's trick with changing SH.

In my experience, crystals allow lowest number of harvests, while metals usually go nuts with 5, 6, sometimes even more. It's rare, but it happens.

Also, I have noticed that longer time I wait on the same node, more harvests it allows.

My experience is as follows:

The "resource exhaustion" debuff is on the character.

If I log into another character in the same stronghold and attempt to use the same gathering deco, it does not work, cannot even click it. ALL other decos are usable.

However, if I log into another character in a different stronghold, gather something there, then logout and then login to a third character in the same stronghold as the first, then the gathering node that was "exhausted" becomes active again.

When I discovered this, I started alternating between Pub and Imp characters in the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds respectively. Both SHs have the same gathering decos so I can go through all my characters and gather from the same deco over and over.

So the node cooldown is probably pretty short - I hadn't checked the time cycling back and forth between characters in different strongholds as I found simply picking it up and placing it back reset the cooldown.

I also have rooms in multiple strongholds with these decos, so I could also flip to another character in another stronghold and gather the same material if needed.

I will try psandak's trick with changing SH.

In my experience, crystals allow lowest number of harvests, while metals usually go nuts with 5, 6, sometimes even more. It's rare, but it happens.

Also, I have noticed that longer time I wait on the same node, more harvests it allows.

On a few occasions I have gotten harvests off crystals when I thought to myself, "is this broken?" Like 10-12 in a row.

- Any harvested node goes dormant for a few minutes IF you don't load another instance first/are still in the same instance. (example another toon just harvested some upari crystals and an encrypted terminal before, they are now dormant)

- A quick workaround (if you don't have the personal 4-hour debuff of course) is to remove the node and put it back. That refreshes it !

Edited by BenduKundalini

I have a suspicion that if a node farmed x number of times it is unavailable for every toon, not just the one that farmed it, for some time.

I had something similar the other day : Suddenly I was no more able to harvest from a hacking thing until the next reset on Tuesday ( or is it Mondays nowadays ? ).

I had something similar the other day : Suddenly I was no more able to harvest from a hacking thing until the next reset on Tuesday ( or is it Mondays nowadays ? ).

Try picking up the decoration using hook edit mode, and then placing it again - it always seems to reset whatever cooldown is in place on the node itself.

I've yet to experience the "item cooldown"....every time I've gotten the character debuff, I've been able to log an alt and use that node again, no need to pick it up to reset it.

....leading me to believe that behavior is a bug, rather than an intentional cooldown.

Is the node cooldown shared between all the same nodes within one SH?

Nope, only the node you harvested is on short cooldown. All other nodes are ready to be harvested by anyone that can (an alt, or another player with silver key and above, with no personal 4-hour debuff)

Edited by BenduKundalini