anyone else losing connection often?

danyren

in the last month or so ive been losing connection about once a three hour play session. I assumed it was because of the quarantine meaning less people are working, so i didnt really care bc it was pretty sparse, but in the last two days im losing connection to the servers a lot more often - about every 20 minutes or so.

as far as i can tell, theres no problems on my end with my router or anything, and because of the quarantine ive been holding off on submitting a ticket. just wondering if anyone else is having these problems (so i can chalk it up to less employees and just wait it out) or if it really is just me so i can know if its worth submitting a ticket.

thanks for reading, i hope i was clear enough! :)

Yes. I noticed it most pronounced during the morning hours (I am U.S. Eastern Time). As the day progresses it gets better, but there are a few times, especially around holidays, when it happens in the evenings as well.

Last time it happened to me, which early last week, I switched over to my VPN, but that was even worse.

Yes... I have been having a disconnect problem for about 2 months now. I play from Abu Dhabi on the East Coast servers so I always have a moderate amount of lag/high ping (~200ms). But the disconnects are more frequent and happen multiple times of the day regardless of server population.

I have submitted a ticket but have receive no response from SWTOR/EA.

I have run a ping plotter and found that one of the Level 3 nodes in Chicago has about a 75% packet loss and that seems to be my problem. Others have said that you don't get accurate ping plotter results from a back bone node but this is the only failure i can attribute to both high ping and packet loss that I believe is causing the disconnects.

Not sure if SWTOR/EA can do anything about it but it is definitely having a negative impact on my game play. I have reverted to mostly solo conquest play and have not been running FP/Ops.

Yeah... Started about 3 weeks ago? Just randomly kicks me out of the game, yet I have no trouble logging back in. But it doesn't seem to depend on anything. Can have pretty bad lag but stay on server, or the game runs fine and then gives me the boot for no reason :mad:.

Just today I was running through Ossus ruins, ready to smite some mobs, only 6 other players, no lag, everything shiny - nope, back to the menu.

Not exactly the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

I haven't lost connection to the servers for a long time. Most of these sorts of problems are internet/network related somewhere between you and the servers.

As usual, me and JediQ agree! Even though we have different experiences where he has a good connection and I tend to have a bad one.

I have found my connection to be unreliable at best, yes, disconnects usually happen daily or at least the red dot of death which usually is accompanied with tons of lag causing serious ability delay will rear it's ugly head.

Point is I have found it's almost always on my end. Usually it's an inconsistent WiFi connection or some issue with the internet between my PC and BW's servers. Lately it has been all on my end, for sure.

Edited by Lhancelot

I haven't lost connection to the servers for a long time. Most of these sorts of problems are internet/network related somewhere between you and the servers.

I've had one or two in the last few days... but it definitely related to ISP.

Have you reset the router? I had a similiar issue, the game kept cutting out, while the net itself seemed fine. It was like the connection paused for a second, which wouldn't matter on the net, but SWTOR always noticed. A router reset worked , and I've had very little issues since. Any issues I have had since have to do with my computer...lol

for about one and a half months now, after one of the recent maintenances i started getting kicked to the server-list every 3rd or 4th instance-change... it s so precise that you can set your clock to it... GSF / FP / BG opens, i join, half loading bar... servcer-list, then 3-4 instance changes happen with no incidents... something pops up, i join, disconnect to server list... stopped q-ing ranked because i lost ranking because of that... would keep me disconnecting every few matches or so... highly annoying... nothing i tried fixed that... at least not on my side of things

Have you reset the router? I had a similiar issue, the game kept cutting out, while the net itself seemed fine. It was like the connection paused for a second, which wouldn't matter on the net, but SWTOR always noticed. A router reset worked , and I've had very little issues since. Any issues I have had since have to do with my computer...lol

i hadnt thought about resetting my router. ill try that and hopefully it fixes any issues ive been having :D