New MVP system

Gin_Offense

Instead of the subjective current system that rewards people based on the number of friends they're playing with... how about we do something a little more objective...

There are currently 7 categories that are tracked in warzones, those being:

Damage

Kills

Protection

Deaths

Healing

Objectives

Medals

How about, instead of the current system, we put in a system where you're awarded an MVP vote (by the system itself, not player votes) for each category that you lead?

So, an example: You do the most damage, have the most kills and the lowest number of deaths: You get 3 MVP votes.

Or, you get the most kills, do the most protection and get the most objectives: You get 3 MVP votes.

If there are ties, both players get MVP votes.

The only sketchy part that i see is the deaths category, which may cause too many people to get MVP votes. But outside of that, the rest should be fairly straight forward and fair.

What i hate seeing is solo queueing, getting into a warzone where i'm with 4 dudes that are premade, then i do 500k damage, 100k protection, get like 12 medals and 0 MVP votes, because the other dudes are all ***************** eachother.

Can we get some discussion going on this?

Thanks pals,

Edited by Artthen
filtered an inappropriate word

MVP votes are what... 5 valor/1 commendation? I wouldn't worry about it. Yes its annoying that they are ***************** each other w/out merit, but honestly MVP is more of a pride thing. You know they didn't deserve it... so who cares?

Honestly I usually just auto-MVP the highest healer, unless I know someone else directly contributed more to actually winning the game. (seriously though, ever been in a PvP without a healer/other team had more? hella disadvantage).

Edited by Artthen
filtered inappropriate language

MVP votes are what... 5 valor/1 commendation? I wouldn't worry about it. Yes its annoying that they are ***************** each other w/out merit, but honestly MVP is more of a pride thing. You know they didn't deserve it... so who cares?

Honestly I usually just auto-MVP the highest healer, unless I know someone else directly contributed more to actually winning the game. (seriously though, ever been in a PvP without a healer/other team had more? hella disadvantage).

This is another reason why MVP voting should be removed. Randomly clicking some dude and giving him MVP votes without merit kind of defeats the purpose.

As for it being only 5 valor, 5 by 5, it adds up.

Edited by Artthen
filtered inappropriate language

Imo is a mess

If you give votes for kills you will find even more people killing without following the game in huttball, same for objectives, I've been in "Civil War" where i had four of our people defending one turret while we were losing big, we couldn't take their turret because they were playing well, six peeps moving from center to side when needed. So basically we played the match 4 vs 7.

I'd agree for heals, i'm a marauder and i think it's not fair that we have all these commendation for kills while healers that heal half a milion have much less than us.

If well made the automatic votes good be good, but must be well made

Edited by gasgasgas

I'll admit that I tend to give MVP votes to guild mates, but tbh we run with premades of 4-8 on a regular basis, we score a majority of our team's points, doing a majority of the damage (usually top 3 or better), and if we have a healer they always have the most for the match. So, in good confidance I have no problems voting for any of these individuals. There have been a few times when I'm running with them and another player was above and beyond better than everyone else on our group. In this case I'll vote for them.

To be frank though, it's not that big a deal who the MVP votes go for...and if you do not put the MVP votes in the hands of the players to decide, I don't know how you plan on deciding where the MVP votes come from. It's an MVP vote for Giradda's sake, it's subject to opinion and whimsy, just be glad if you got a vote and be done with it.

I'll admit that I tend to give MVP votes to guild mates, but tbh we run with premades of 4-8 on a regular basis, we score a majority of our team's points, doing a majority of the damage (usually top 3 or better), and if we have a healer they always have the most for the match. So, in good confidance I have no problems voting for any of these individuals. There have been a few times when I'm running with them and another player was above and beyond better than everyone else on our group. In this case I'll vote for them.

To be frank though, it's not that big a deal who the MVP votes go for...and if you do not put the MVP votes in the hands of the players to decide, I don't know how you plan on deciding where the MVP votes come from. It's an MVP vote for Giradda's sake, it's subject to opinion and whimsy, just be glad if you got a vote and be done with it.

I'll admit, you basically just proved all of the reasons why i think the system should be revamped and a new one put into place.

People will always always be subjective. ALWAYS.

I also just auto MVP the highest healer.

Some might cry about that decission, but i rather give the healers some motivation to queue, than to give it so someone who gets 9-12 medals from before. They get enough valor themselfs.

I consistantly see dedicated healers max out at 4 medals. So i MVP them and hope they queue up gain.

Though when i play on my tank, and grab the ball all the time in Hutball. And many times i score all the goals for our team, with minimum help from anybody else, sacrefice all my medals to get the win. Only to see that we win 6-0 with me having 2 or 3 medals and getting no MVP votes...

That extra valor per vote is less than the average kill in Ilum.

Also, you wouldn't be able to vote for that awesome guy making the 6 scores in huttball / singlehandedly planting his way through zergstar - which nets him nothing in the medal department.

I think, that the medal system won't be adressed in so many whine threads after some time has passed and every main has reached battle master, similar to the 50/sub50 wz queue.

Anyways there will be additions/revamps in the future for sure (reimplementation of attack objective points like scoring/planting, etc.), which will further reduce the need to talk about it.

No, it's mostly about the extra valor.

Simply rework the Medal system. MVP? Who cares, most I've seen someone get is 4 votes which is rare and is a piddly little 200 Valor.

500K damage is nice, but that doesn't tell me anything about where it was ... that could have been the opposite site of the map to the ball carrier and the protection could be from your own personal pocket healer, who was also ignoring the objective.

If the medals were for 'Damage to Ball-Carrier/ enemies in 20m/30m vicinity of their/your ball-carrier' for example ... that would mean something.

Currently my vote goes to highest healer, if no one was a healer then person with highest protection.