Ilum: No Kill Credit this Update

Pimsley

Howdy,

I just spent the last hour in Ilum with an Ops group for World PvP. Since the update today we noticed we're not getting credit for kills. Even if it had been longer than 5 minutes since killing a player neither the daily nor weekly will update. We tested Ilum both solo and in groups. We don't know if this is a bug when swapping phases or due to the group system itself.

This is a serious problem Bioware and you need to fix Ilum PvP. It is difficult enough as is when playing a Republic player due to the massive gear/faction imbalance which you have allowed. Several of the MF Gaming Community members I play alongside with (400+) are considering cancelling because of all the bugs. We have 2 Chapters in SWTOR 1 Imperial, 1 Republic, and we are not pleased. In MF's 10+years of existence this is the first time we have directly addressed a company concerning their game.

Even though Bioware has taken a step forward by inviting MF to attend a guild summit for Q/A feedback in March... we fear it is too little too late.

You have our attention Bioware, please fix your game.

~Cheers

Cottonmouth - MF Gaming Council

MF Gaming http://www.malumfactum.com

Edited by Pimsley

SWTOR is a great game that was plagued with bugs since launch because it was clearly rushed to be released. That said I enjoy the game but before anything else you should fix it.

Ilum is a huge mess, due to bad design and unbalanced population. Making one faction always hide in their base pulling them to their safe area in order to be one shotted by automatic cannons.

Not only that but its way too big. Armaments idea is simply awful, remove it. Every time a base is captured the game freezes up with high end computers just because of the dropships animation.

Battlemaster have to depend on this dumb system in order to get their dailies/weeklies completed because there is no other way for them to gear up. So the frustration is even higher for them.

Last but not least, your latest patch not only didn't fix anything about Ilum but made it even worse because kills are not counting for the daily/weekly, no valor in them either.

Piece of advice Bioware, don't give players a reason to hate you. What's not available can t be used as a source of whining. Close Ilum down, re-open it when its fixed and its actually fun instead of this ridiculous system you guys have there.

They really just need to do 2 things.

1a) Revert back to pre 1.1 Ilum.

or

1b) Dump armaments all over the map not just at center

2) rework the entire thing to equate for balance and dailies, stop mucking around with half assed "fixes"

Edited by schmak

They really just need to do 2 things.

1a) Revert back to pre 1.1 Ilum.

1b) Dump armaments all over the map not just at center

2) rework the entire thing to equate for balance and dailies, stop mucking around with half assed "fixes"

They need to hire developers that are not *********** idiots....

And stop being cowards and respond to this madness without telling us how "ground breaking" their PvP team is.

This is the worst PvP MMO I have EVER *********** PLAYED. Worse than Warhammer and that's saying ALOT!

PvP in this game is pretty good. Played WoW since its launch and that PVP was always broken throughout the 6 years I played. Considering SWTOR is a new game, its pvp its pretty good.

Ilum however is just something that doesn't make sense and it doesn't do justice to the rest of the game high quality content. Fix it or remove it, its just there to angry players nothing else.

PvP in this game is pretty good. Played WoW since its launch and that PVP was always broken throughout the 6 years I played. Considering SWTOR is a new game, its pvp its pretty good.

Ilum however is just something that doesn't make sense and it doesn't do justice to the rest of the game high quality content. Fix it or remove it, its just there to angry players nothing else.

another really poor poor comment, you can not compare this game to wow on release it must be to wow now!"!!!, something like you the Dev's do not understand!!

They need to hire developers that are not *********** idiots....

And stop being cowards and respond to this madness without telling us how "ground breaking" their PvP team is.

This is the worst PvP MMO I have EVER *********** PLAYED. Worse than Warhammer and that's saying ALOT!

Agreed

Battlemaster have to depend on this dumb system in order to get their dailies/weeklies completed because there is no other way for them to gear up. So the frustration is even higher for them.

Straight up, that is my biggest peeve. Instead of a incremental system, Bioware designs an artifical cap, that requires you to do two things - one of which is still currently broken to hell due to the fact that wins don't count, and now with more Ilum brokeness.

It almost feels like a job getting battlemaster bags, a job that is totally ****ed, because you never know if it will work or not. I would much prefer a system that lets people who PvP 24/7 to access gear faster, or a rating system(ala WAR). If someone wants to play four times as much as me to gain a stat advantage over me, that's fine. He worked his *** off for it, but there's still a chance, I'm better or better specced, so I can still win.

PvP in this game is hardly enjoyable with all the mirror class issues, exploits, hacks, and the retarded battlemaster bag acquisition system. I would say a monkey designed the system, but I have a friend who works at the local zoo, and monkey show more intelligence than this.

Edited by Chaosmagistrate

So I hit 50 yesterday - yay me. I then try to pick up some new quest and can't because 14/25 of them are old quests that can not be abandoned. Ok, so I clear some. Two hours later I've finished a bunch of quests only to receive new ones that I still can not abandon - it's a vicious cycle. So fine, whatever - I'll go do some Ilum. ***? No credit for kills?

Should I level an alt .. or should I just quit this crap. I thought things were supposed to get more interesting once you level capped (or maybe that was just with my WoW characters).

Now it seems you can only get 5-10 kills before 'no valor' message is produced. I understand this was because of people farming, but in a legitimate battle it really blows. When I see that message I run into the opposing factions mob and let them kill me, so my valor credit can reset.

Is this to prevent or promote farming?

On Kellars Void we push pubs from cent to their spawn, eventually getting us all killed. We dont seem to have a problem with the kill cap since we dont sit in a huddle in the middle of central afraid of dying. Theres no penalty for death so why not make it sporting.