Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What would you like to see in the next expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What would you like to see in the next expansion?

Ylliarus
11.16.2019 , 08:04 AM | #81
Something that came to mind about what I'd love to see:

An attempt to finish what Darth Traya started, namely, to destroy the Force.

Of course, the attempt wouldn't succeed as the Force clearly lives on, but I absolutely adored that part of her motivations, that she hated it for how it manipulated everyone and everything to achieve some measure of balance. I'd love it if some cult devoted to her, tried to finish what she started.

Darth Traya/Kreia is my absolute, number 1 favourite Star Wars character and I just really would want to see her play a role in this game, even if she doesn't appear herself. At most, I'd want her to appear as a holocron influencing some cultists or something, not as a spirit.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Jesira
11.16.2019 , 09:44 AM | #82
Here are some fun things that I would like to see one day.
  • Return to old planets, continuing the stories of Alderaan, Taris, and Tatooine.
  • New Planet: Kashyyyk, Bothawui, Devaron, Zeltros
  • Engine and Graphics upgrades
  • Activities: Smuggling, Podracing
  • New Playable Species: Zeltron, Devaronian, Bothan
  • A female Hutt. (google Queen Jool)

I would like BioWare to do what they do best and for the next expansion to go back to having a huge story from the onset. When they announced Knights of the Fallen Empire and how it was hugely focused on story and that they were gonna go back to focusing on that, it drew a massive amount of people back and the same thing happened for Knights of the Eternal Throne. I know the forum community is divided on how much they personally felt about the story of those expansions themselves, but I really enjoyed them as they were well written, paced well, and had a large scope, which is what I would like to have again.

Onslaught has/had the potential for that (we have yet to see what the update cycle will be like, and how they handle the story from here on out in this expansion) but if the Onderon & Mek-Sha stories are any indication, then I may just need to unsubscribe for a long time and wait for the game to (hopefully) accumulate enough story content for it to be worthwhile for me to be subscribed and to play.

BioWare is a great story telling studio, that is where their strength is and has always been, and it is what people want from them. I love the direction of the story itself in Onslaught, but I really dislike how it felt rushed through and manic. I dislike that you can finish it in a matter of a hand full of hours with no problem, and honestly I hate to say it, but they have never been great at doing much of any other kind of content. I think the Onderon dailies are a kind of testament to that, and if they want to focus on building other forms of content, perhaps they should skimp on adding daily areas instead of skimping on story content, and utilize the resources they spend on dailies on something else. I like having reasons to go back to the new planets, I just don't think the typical daily missions always have to be the reason they design for us to return to them for.
MORE ARCANN PLS

Pietrastor
11.16.2019 , 09:45 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Something that came to mind about what I'd love to see:

An attempt to finish what Darth Traya started, namely, to destroy the Force.

Of course, the attempt wouldn't succeed as the Force clearly lives on, but I absolutely adored that part of her motivations, that she hated it for how it manipulated everyone and everything to achieve some measure of balance. I'd love it if some cult devoted to her, tried to finish what she started.

Darth Traya/Kreia is my absolute, number 1 favourite Star Wars character and I just really would want to see her play a role in this game, even if she doesn't appear herself. At most, I'd want her to appear as a holocron influencing some cultists or something, not as a spirit.
You're absolutely right, however, could we even trust Bioware NOT to butcher her character completly? Not even talking minor inconsistiences fans tend to overly nitpick on, but a straight-out character assassination. I mean, they already did it once - the Entity in Warrior's story was obviously written to be Kreia... which was an absolute nonsense and if it wasn't for the massive fan backlash Bioware wouldn't have backtracked and pretend they didn't mean it to be Kreia afterall.

I would love Kreia to play a significant role and uplift the thematic side of SWTOR's story & writing (as it's heavily needed among all the banal Sunday-cartoon Imp vs Rep war plots) but I honestly don't think the current writers could do it right, or even partially right...
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Ardrossan
11.16.2019 , 10:36 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
You're absolutely right, however, could we even trust Bioware NOT to butcher her character completly? Not even talking minor inconsistiences fans tend to overly nitpick on, but a straight-out character assassination. I mean, they already did it once - the Entity in Warrior's story was obviously written to be Kreia... which was an absolute nonsense and if it wasn't for the massive fan backlash Bioware wouldn't have backtracked and pretend they didn't mean it to be Kreia afterall.

I would love Kreia to play a significant role and uplift the thematic side of SWTOR's story & writing (as it's heavily needed among all the banal Sunday-cartoon Imp vs Rep war plots) but I honestly don't think the current writers could do it right, or even partially right...
Agreed. They already screwed up the Exile and Revan, I really don't want them to screw up Kreia too.

Now, what they could do is take the same idea of Kreia without actually bringing her back, a cult [but not a cult, we have too many of those] centered around destroying the Force. It would be a pretty good expansion if they actually succeeded in destroying [or at least temporarily removing] the Force, and your characters would have to do something to restore it [petitioning the Ones?].

But tbh this is an idea that would have made more sense earlier on, like back in SoR. Revan's plan shouldn't have been 'let's revive the emperor so I can kill him' but rather 'let's destroy the Force so he can't return, ever.' Kreia was his teacher so it would have made thematic sense for him to seize on that idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Pietrastor
11.16.2019 , 11:20 AM | #85
^

Just another wasted oppurtunity. They butchered Revan's story too. Heck, I hate the character of Emperor but KOTFEET is still miles better written than Revan novel, Maelstorm/Foundry & SOR, especially considering that these amount to what is basically the only "KOTOR 3" we will ever get...
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Ylliarus
11.16.2019 , 06:46 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
^

Just another wasted oppurtunity. They butchered Revan's story too. Heck, I hate the character of Emperor but KOTFEET is still miles better written than Revan novel, Maelstorm/Foundry & SOR, especially considering that these amount to what is basically the only "KOTOR 3" we will ever get...
I actually think the Revan novel is a great piece of content about Revan. It's KotFEET that's much, much worse than the novel. I can't tell you how many times I reread the novel and then, when my copy literally fell apart from overuse, how many times I relistened the audiobook.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

SerraShar
11.16.2019 , 06:55 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
Agreed. They already screwed up the Exile and Revan, I really don't want them to screw up Kreia too.

Now, what they could do is take the same idea of Kreia without actually bringing her back, a cult [but not a cult, we have too many of those] centered around destroying the Force. It would be a pretty good expansion if they actually succeeded in destroying [or at least temporarily removing] the Force, and your characters would have to do something to restore it [petitioning the Ones?].

But tbh this is an idea that would have made more sense earlier on, like back in SoR. Revan's plan shouldn't have been 'let's revive the emperor so I can kill him' but rather 'let's destroy the Force so he can't return, ever.' Kreia was his teacher so it would have made thematic sense for him to seize on that idea.
I pray they never ever ever EVER go near Kreia!

they already screw up Revan, the exile....the emprore....

Kreia was Revan teacher true, but revan had MANY teachers . And she had (well she is a she to me) a tendancie to kinda go with the flow in a situation . Not adhere to a teachers teaching per se , but Many teachers and kinda put them all together and get something new .

I'm also Glad that the 'Entity' on Corellia..wasn't kreia .

She is the greatest thing that was in Kotor 2.....BW stay away from her!!!

Her voice actress is still alive : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Kestelman

But I doubt BW can afford her..with their tiny budget lol maybe they could buy money from credit spammer ?
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Suzsi
11.16.2019 , 07:31 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I actually think the Revan novel is a great piece of content about Revan. It's KotFEET that's much, much worse than the novel. I can't tell you how many times I reread the novel and then, when my copy literally fell apart from overuse, how many times I relistened the audiobook.
Anything Revan that has set a gender has butchered the story for a great many people. My Revan was NOT male. Should have left well enough alone.

I don't care how well it was written. My Revan did not romance Bastillia and was not male. She romanced Carth and was female.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

SerraShar
11.16.2019 , 08:02 PM | #89
yeah mine run off with Juhani to that Island back in Kotor 1 :P

And I'm pretty sure that my Revan wouldn't have been that Obsessed with the emprore lol or that stupid .

No thank you! the revan in SOR was an Impostor and a lousy character .

I just chalk it to Conrad Verner like character found revan armor on Ebay and though he could do better lolol

I still like and love SOR expansion, but not cose of Revan Verner lol
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

DarthSpuds
11.17.2019 , 01:32 AM | #90
More than 90 mins worth of content.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.