Looking for a Star Forge Guild...

jlyrojer

There is nothing easy about this for me. I don't make friends easily. It wasn't always like this, however. Yet here I sit at an impasse. Do I join a guild, or do I miss out on aspects of the game because I have social difficulties?

I am technically a new player. A close friend of mine tried to get me to play a few years ago, but for what ever reason I turned it down. I wasn't in a good head space back then. My head space isn't great now, but it is getting better. As a new player, there are many things about the game that I do not understand. The one friend I have that still plays is only interested in "power leveling" so he can run end game content, raid, and PvP; none of which interests me.

I am a map whore. I like to poke at every corner and attempt every side quest. I like spending time running around looking for materials for crafting, fighting mobs, and light RP. I don't PvP unless absolutely necessary. I prefer to enjoy the story arch.

I have both Republic and Imperial characters. So I am looking for a guild that is active on both. Because I am retired military, I have a lot of free time on my hands. So if I do not have household chores or a project to do around the house I spend my time playing SWTOR. Sometimes I play XBox, but I haven't really touched it in almost 3 months.

I know there are things in the game specifically set up for groups of people. Things I am missing out on. And just jumping in with a group of randos makes me uncomfortable. I don't have issues, I have subscriptions. I used to play WoW years ago and was fortunate to have found a really good guild. So I know the right group can make a game much more fun. The problem is finding that group.

So if you don't mind having a damaged, aging, grumpy, veteran in your guild... consider me interested. I know this is a long post, but I want people to know what they are getting into with me.

Best,

Jlyrojer

• 4 weeks later...
Be happy to have you check us in Way of the Ancients out. We started up recently with the precise intent of forming a guild together from the ground up. If you're interested or would like to know more about us, there is a thread here on the forums or you can always message me if you want. In game, my characters are Sarna Krynn, Janel Erso, and Ganic Eros (all republic side). I have some imperials as well though at this point we are getting the republic side up and running.