WOW Warzone exp Bug/players 30+ already?

lazerpewbang

true it's pretty sad, bw should just take down all the servers and fix it asap, it's a game breaking bug, if someone exits a warfront or the warfront ends due to lack of people they should get ZERO xp, not full xp!

also anyone who abused it (ie constantly queued up to empty warfronts, obviously farming the exploit) should have all that xp removed.

i won't be rolling on a server that is full of 50's already who got there by exploiting a bug, i'll wait for a fresh server to be released.

Edited by Evuke

BioWare confirmed that this has been happening and they are "looking into it" in another thread. Someone also said that Stephen Reid said that people that abused it would be getting the banhammer, but it wasn't really an exploit it was a broken system. Essentially people would just que up and it would put them in a warzone match with no other team, because the server populations are still low, so after two minutes it would end but give the participants full xp. I just don't see how you can ban people for trying to play a warzone..

BioWare confirmed that this has been happening and they are "looking into it" in another thread. Someone also said that Stephen Reid said that people that abused it would be getting the banhammer, but it wasn't really an exploit it was a broken system. Essentially people would just que up and it would put them in a warzone match with no other team, because the server populations are still low, so after two minutes it would end but give the participants full xp. I just don't see how you can ban people for trying to play a warzone..

And I just cant see how BW didn't think something like that would happen.

And I just cant see how BW didn't think something like that would happen.

when we beta tested the servers we didn't think that bw would be letting people in at 10 and 20 people at a time.........biggest fail of a launch ever.

its already being fixed, SReid just posted an update.

All the update says is that they are still looking into it lol. The thing is that even if they fix the exploit unless they have someway to rollback the people that did it all it does is give them an easy way to level and make everyone else have to work that much harder to catch up.

Easy ban them if thats all they did was enter warzones over and over and over to exploit that issue.

when we beta tested the servers we didn't think that bw would be letting people in at 10 and 20 people at a time.........biggest fail of a launch ever.

I disagree. This has been a better than average launch SO FAR. They've had their issues but its better than WoW's launch.

Easy ban them if thats all they did was enter warzones over and over and over to exploit that issue.

^ agree better ban or roll them back to around there rest of the server lvl. If not i bet $1,000,000 that TOR will lose alot of its New player base coming into the game tmw

But how is it their fault that the game didn't match them with an opposing team? I know that if I was in and wanted to play a warzone I would want to actually play against a team. I wouldn't stop queing for it just because I kept getting empty matches. I would just keep trying until I got one.

I think this is the best solution, but then comes the trouble of actually sorting out who exploited the system and who just wanted to play a warzone lol

I doubt it would be that hard to just remove the unintended XP that every played gained

but who knows, maybe it is