Phil LaMarr Interview and Revan for Galaxy of Heroes

I had the pleasure of meeting with Phil LaMarr at Comicon a couple of years back, and so I was happy to see him being interviewed by an "official Star Wars team."

In case you don't know, he is the voice of Master Syo Bakarn, among other characters for SWTOR (such as Sanju Pyne, as another example.) While no direct mention of SWTOR was made, it was nice to hear about his enthusiasm for the franchise and his role in it and that he is indeed known among the Star Wars fanbase.

His story of when he first saw Star Wars was also interesting to hear. I had a similar experience, albeit his was worse, which brings me some consolation, not that I wish ill upon others, of course. I'll make sure to exchange stories the next time we meet, if that day ever comes.

In any case, I wish to express my interest in seeing him return to SWTOR. He is right in that the voice contributes to one-third of a character and that it and the other two things (animation and writing) bring the character to life and help the viewer/player resonate with the character; it won't be the same without him and it hasn't been the same without Syo!

On another note--for those of you who may be interested, and to make this thread more relevant--Darth Revan will supposedly be available for Galaxy of Heroes, if he hasn't been already. I believe other characters of the Old Republic era are already available. I don't play that game myself, nor do I know much about it, but I feel that this subject is worth noting nonetheless. I am happy to see the Old Republic era get some attention in these Disneyverse days, especially with SWTOR itself both officially and unofficially making face at the Celebration area in Chicago, among other notable booths, such as the Twin Suns Foundation. I don't know what they'll do with the interest in that era in the years to come, but at least it shows that they indeed know how popular it is. It gives me hope not just for SWTOR, but for the original continuity at large.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

I hope I'm able to catch some of the stream Twin Suns will be doing, as well as wish them luck on the new billboard project. Hopefully their presence at celebration means Lucasfilm and Disney are willing to listen. And yes, its great Phil is getting some attention and even though I don't play GOH I think its neat they add some TOR characters every now and then, I hear they already had Bastila, Jolee and maybe HK-47? As well as the class archetypes from SWTOR itself like Sith Assassin, Marauder... and maybe Sorc? I can't recall. Sorry. But one of them has a Kallig's mask which is really nice for SWTOR fans. Anyway, sorry for the ramble but let's hope this isn't the last time they acknowledge the original continuity.