2.0 - 11/7/28 - New PT RWZ Spec

Megatfx

Crit is so low TD doesn't give as much burst as the 2.0 version of the 8/8/25 spec. You actually have more burst with this spec because you have around 34% crit with fire abilities if you are min/maxed on the PTS.

Except this is 8/8/25 with a twist, you now have oil slick and aoe combustible gas cylinder.

Oil slick + Hydraulic overrides for kiting. Good game.

Using my current Min/Max gear build:

Ranged Stats:

741.3 Bonus Damage

95.91% Accuracy

21.30% Crit

70.54% Surge

Tech:

1204.5 Bonus Damage

844.0 Healing

105.91% Accuracy

27.77% Crit (6% more on Fire abilities due to talents because of my build so 33.77% on flameburst CGC procs)

70.54% Surge

HEat Dissipation Rage 5.1

Alacrity 1.84%

Defense:

29047 HP

6031 Armor

Damage Reduction 30.11%

5% defense

PVP:

1950 Expertise (Grinding up Tier 2 PVP offhand atm, using pve armoring for OH)

58.12% Damage Boost

36.76% Damage Reduction

19.70% Healing Boost

4 Shoulder Cannon missiles primed...

Run at Target

Explosive dart, rapid shots, 10m range flameburst, *Start spamming your Shoulder Cannon button*, railshot, rocket punch, railshot...

Target is dead. No class can burst as fast as us with this lineup. It is unbelievable...

11/7/28

My highest DPS WZ has been 1575.

Can't touch this.

Edited by Megatfx

Yes get the armor talent.

WHen you get that 16% armor talent in the tank tree you end up having more armor than a 40K HP assassin tank from <Hey I'm MVP> I have 6031 armor atm.

Edited by Megatfx

Tried it on the PTS, works pretty damn nice. Flame burst damage is just crazy. Extra armor comes in handy. Best is oil slick though, to keep the melee train away from you.

I agree TD builds for burst are pointless now since the crit is just too damn low.

This spec is not good for anything but defense on Voidstar in RWZ's.

Sorry.

Go 4/6/36

What changed your mind? I saw you play some rateds was the burst too low in that spec? Did TD make a difference even with low crit?

I do run 4/6/31 on Live, but was hoping to find another spec that works.

Found in RWZ's this spec and the 2/23/21 spec doesn't do enough burst in RWZ's. Against good teams TTK is really long. (Time to kill) and the extra fire damage from CGC/flame sweep doesn't do any burst. At the end of a match you can have impressive numbers if they constantly group up for flame sweep but it doesn't kill anyone. (Op healer hots + sorc puddles which are instant cast outheal all the damage)

I have managed to min/max my stats on PTS as the following which gives me incredible burst damage with TD:

I also have full purple level 55 augments:

815.1 Ranged Bonus Damage (1300.3 Tech Bonus damage)

95.91% Ranged Accuracy

20.38% Critical Chance (26.88% Tech Critical Chance)

73.85% Surge

1882 Expertise

30330 Health

With this spec/gear setup I can kaboom people almost as well as on live if they don't have defensive cooldowns popped.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/powertech/231/?build=002200000000000000000000000000000203100000000000000000000000000003200322221200120230003002120010&ver=20

The main issue with the PvE DPS spec right now is that you have to be in melee dps range to get the charged gauntlet proc.

Edited by Megatfx

Why does it suck in terms of dps? TD is not that huge DPS loss and you gain quite a bit damage across the board. What is the spec lacking? Can I get some more details, other than "it sucks"

Not only do you lose TD and most of the abilities in the high parts of the pyro tree, but you are also losing out on the instant crit from the AP tree, both of which (either or) produces what is needed to dps. With a huge hit to our crit, you either risk the crit chance (full Pyro) or rely on Hybrid build to get the garenteed crit on RS.

Anyone tried full AP yet?

I would prefer this spec for rateds. Since you would want sustained burst dps. The only 2 filler points here are in degauss, which can be moved elsewhere based on preference. IMO, This is the best you can get if not using the CG+PPA+firebug combo. You can also take out 1 point from burnout if you want to run with oil slick for utility. Haven't tested this extensively though, but if you can do it guys let me know.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/powertech/231/?build=003200300000000000000000000000000203120000000000000000000000000003200302221002120230023000000000&ver=20

Edited by dijskykiller

Theyve just nerfed full pyro.

Td now has less damage but applies a ****** weak dot. Bassically it went from hitting for 5 to 6k on fully geared players...to 4k. Tested it on a guildie with similar gear level in a duel and on wz dummy.

Guess its back to hy brid as they have made crit a little easier to get and flame bursts crit damage increased by 30%. Critting for over 3k on my flame bursts now lol

Theyve just nerfed full pyro.

Td now has less damage but applies a ****** weak dot. Bassically it went from hitting for 5 to 6k on fully geared players...to 4k. Tested it on a guildie with similar gear level in a duel and on wz dummy.

Guess its back to hy brid as they have made crit a little easier to get and flame bursts crit damage increased by 30%. Critting for over 3k on my flame bursts now lol

If you're talking about AP-Phyro hybrid I'm sorry but that's not available anymore:

Advanced Prototype

Charged Gauntlets has been redesigned. While High Energy Gas Cylinder is active, damage dealt by Rocket Punch makes the next Rail Shot an automatic critical hit. The Powertech skill tree has been rearranged, making Charged Gauntlets require Prototype Cylinder Ventilation instead of Serrated Blades

About TD, well I think 4k TD + 7k Railshot is bursty enough to take down a target... and I agree the new dot of TD sucks... it would be quite better if instead of 12 seconds it was 6.

At least they buffed crit again, so we should be able to reach 30% crit...

Cheers

Edited by Reviaj

No i meamt jus TD. 4k is not enough. Bare in mind..my current build is max power surge to test out max damage. To get 30% crit that TD will probabpy only be hitting for 3.5k..worthless on a 12 second kd when instead i can buff the rest of my dps from the other skills.

I will have to now say oil slick hybrid is probably the nest we have now.

Not a bad build..rail shot hits hard and glame burst is rly nice now so can still do a fair amount of burst and sustained dps..whipst provinding an aoe slow for our aoe snipers and smashers.

No i meamt jus TD. 4k is not enough. Bare in mind..my current build is max power surge to test out max damage. To get 30% crit that TD will probabpy only be hitting for 3.5k..worthless on a 12 second kd when instead i can buff the rest of my dps from the other skills.

I will have to now say oil slick hybrid is probably the nest we have now.

Not a bad build..rail shot hits hard and glame burst is rly nice now so can still do a fair amount of burst and sustained dps..whipst provinding an aoe slow for our aoe snipers and smashers.

Thats an absurd. The TD is still SO weak that is not an option. Not td build for PVP with oil slick is the way to go, but then CGC is just damn weak.... i know they gave us more damage on Ion pulse, which is nice, but 50% lower DOT that is about 15-25% of our total dps is something i can't just understand.

Edited by Nezyrworks