Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So pubs can be lesbians but imps not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So pubs can be lesbians but imps not?

imnotawitch
11.09.2013 , 07:55 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Males do the providing and protecting in MOST animal species. I did not say all. You gave me some of the rare occurrences where it does not occur. Try again. Your evidence is anecdotal at best.
The irony of calling my evidence anecdotal when you haven't even bothered to provide references is astounding. That, however, is besides the fact. The fact is women are not baby factories, and the sad truth that some people say they are is the problem.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Brittaany_Banks
11.09.2013 , 08:31 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
The irony of calling my evidence anecdotal when you haven't even bothered to provide references is astounding. That, however, is besides the fact. The fact is women are not baby factories, and the sad truth that some people say they are is the problem.
Until men in our media are portrayed as more than bumbling fools playing opposite of the "smart and down to earth female" in commercials and television shows, until men are presented as more than just expendable tools in service to women and society as OUR only role is when I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and dismiss anything you deem as a stereotyping women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

Women have access to birth control more today than EVER before in society yet according to the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealt...ndedpregnancy/ unplanned pregnancies are 1 out of every 2. It is the highest it has ever been in the history of the USA period.

It appears to me that women WANT to be baby factories. If not then explain to me why our country has such a high unintended pregnancy rate with such a ready supply of birth control.
Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid.

imnotawitch
11.09.2013 , 08:42 PM | #113
It appears to me that women WANT to be baby factories. If not then explain to me why our country has such a high unintended pregnancy rate with such a ready supply of birth control.
Lack of education regarding birth control availability, public shaming of women attempting to obtain family planning services, and need I mention unintended pregnancies due to rape?

My primary problem remains that you are taking things you see with some females in some species, twisting them, and stating them as facts encompassing the entire female gender.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Brittaany_Banks
11.09.2013 , 08:45 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
Lack of education regarding birth control availability, public shaming of women attempting to obtain family planning services, and need I mention unintended pregnancies due to rape?

My primary problem remains that you are taking things you see with some females in some species, twisting them, and stating them as facts encompassing the entire female gender.
Nature is nature baby. Fight it all you want.
Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid.

markcymru
11.09.2013 , 08:49 PM | #115
Brittaany_Banks,

To say that women’s bodies typically are capable of carrying a pregnancy to term (when they're the right age), whereas men’s bodies aren’t… that’s a statement about biology.

But to say that women are baby factories is a political statement ( or even worse, a religious statement to many).

That’s the point you don’t seem to get.
“He's not fit to be a Supreme Court justice.”

imnotawitch
11.09.2013 , 08:49 PM | #116
Nature is nature baby. Fight it all you want.
"Baby?" Seriously? And I've provided plenty of examples where nature does not follow the rules you seem to think all females do. It's not my fault that you can only see the examples that suit your purpose.
*Forever Shenanigans*

markcymru
11.09.2013 , 09:01 PM | #117
according to the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealt...ndedpregnancy/
"WANT to be baby factories"? here's how that website you cited above defines unintended pregnancies: "live births to women who did not want to get pregnant when they did".

And as for the high rate, here's who that website says are most likely to have unintended pregnancies:
• Unmarried women.
• Black women.
• Women with less education or income.
Access to contraception and contraceptive advice is political too, in case you haven't been paying attention

Brittaany_Banks
11.09.2013 , 09:02 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
"WANT to be baby factories"? here's how that website you cited above defines unintended pregnancies: "live births to women who did not want to get pregnant when they did".

And as for the high rate, here's who that website says are most likely to have unintended pregnancies:
• Unmarried women.
• Black women.
• Women with less education or income.
Access to contraception and contraceptive advice is political too, in case you haven't been paying attention
Most likely. Not limited to. Try again.

And only a FACTORY OWNER would want exclusive rights to its own product even at the expense of other factory owners desires https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogpZEkvwiw

imnotawitch
11.09.2013 , 09:11 PM | #119
Most likely. Not limited to. Try again.

And only a FACTORY OWNER would want exclusive rights to its own product even at the expense of other factory owners desires https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogpZEkvwiw
When did either of us say we were talking about every case of unintended pregnancies?

As for your second statement, children are more than products. Those who create them are more than factory owners. If you honestly think children are nothing but products, I pity you.
*Forever Shenanigans*

markcymru
11.09.2013 , 09:32 PM | #120
Wow!

Way to make sweeping generalizations!

Way to stereotype!

Probably the best rabid frothing rant I've seen for a long time!

Wow!