Best healer for pugs

Jeffjn

I'm a returning player (didn't play a year or more) and i was in a flashpoint in a pug and i just realised (i was the tank) that if i play as a tank i can't turn the tide in a bad pug, but as a healer maybe I can. So the question is which healer suits best for a pug?

Eh all 3 roles can turn the tide in a bad pug, it depends on which flashpoint and which fight, as some are more dependent on either the tank, heals, or DPS (usually tank or heals though).

As for which healer is easiest to carry with, sorcerer for sure right now, you have extremely easy energy management, good burst heals, good sustained. Merc you can mess up energy if aren't careful and have a tad less mobility than the other 2 healers, Operative you lack burst heals.

Tanks can totally turn the tide in a Tactical FP if your group is a very specific level of bad. I have run a few FPs where I have survived solo on the boss long enough for the dead idots who stood in stupid to run back and join the fight again. In one case multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

The healer that is best is the one you play the best. Any of the classes rock in the right hands. In the hands of someone not familiar with the class and especially someone not familiar with the healing at all the results will be lack luster.

It's about knowing your skills and time in the saddle. Ok, knowing the fights helps also so you know where the damage will be.