Guild Perks Discussion

UlaVii

[...]

Warzone Conquest II

• Grants access to "Warzone: Rally - Part 2"
  • Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth3125 points (with 150% SH bonus)
  • "Complete 3 ranked or unranked Warzones while in a Guild Group"
  • The entire team must be in the same guild
  • No way to identify what objectives part III includes since title and tooltip do not tell you

this only works for arenas.

or you are lucky and can q-sync with 2 full groups.

if you just have 4/8 the match is not counted.

to clarify that, maybe add 4/4 or 8/8

Edited by fabsus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things were bugging me with the last round of testing for Efficient Missions so we went back to the drawing boards and now have definitive results from two separate accounts and as a bonus we tested out Efficient Gathering.

The "Missions" panel will show totally incorrect times, ignore those values. The ones you want to check are on the "Crew Skills" panel when you run the mission.

I am pleased to announced some very nice results. These perks increase your base efficiency by 3%, then your companion efficiency bonus is applied to the original base efficiency, then it sums up the two increases and this is the time that is actually taken from the mission. So with a level 1 companion you get a 3% bonus but that increases with the companion level so with our level 50s we received an efficiency bonus of 14.5%.

Here are some lines from the testing so you can work it out yourself:

• Investigation - Outside Guild - No Perk
  • Bearer of Darkness - Grade 10 - ToolTip: 30m 36s - Run Mission: 30m 18s - Level 1
  • Bearer of Darkness - Grade 10 - ToolTip: 15m 18s - Run Mission: 7m 39s - Level 50
  • Investigation - Inside Guild - With Efficient Missions I Perk (3%)
  • Bearer of Darkness - Grade 10 - ToolTip: 28m 45s - Run Mission: 29m 23s - Level 1
  • Bearer of Darkness - Grade 10 - ToolTip: 13m 27s - Run Mission: 6m 44s - Level 50

"ToolTip" is the duration shown next to the mission title on the Missions panel and "Run Mission" means the duration shown next to the companion on the Crew Skills panel when the mission is activated. My time efficiency is 75% or 78% depending which panel you read that from. When you select a skill that matches the efficiency perk type then the Missions panel will show a 3% increase in the crit chance value (that is shown in the Time Efficiency sentence).

Efficient Gathering I-II-III

• Warning: Only works with Archaeology, Bioanalysis, Scavenging & Slicing

Efficient Missions I-II-III

• Warning: Only works with Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting & Underworld Trading

Edited by UlaVii

• 2 weeks later...
Flashpoint Conquest I

Grants access to "Flashpoint: Rally - Part 1"

Gives you a daily repeatable conquest objective worth 2250 points (with 150% SH bonus)

"Complete a Flashpoint on Veteran or Master Mode while in a Guild Group"

The entire group must be in the same guild

It may need retesting, but it also works for Uprisings, even on Story mode. But you do need to be in a guild group; doing the uprising solo does not count.

Sadly, uprisings are not popular so not much chances to test properly.

It may need retesting, but it also works for Uprisings, even on Story mode. But you do need to be in a guild group; doing the uprising solo does not count.

Hi, that's great to hear. Thank you for posting. It's very unlikely that any of my guilds will use that perk so we can't test Uprisings out but if you (or somebody else) can 100% confirm it then I can update the main post with the new information.

In unrelated news; Eric confirmed the day/time that the perk cycle updates:

The perks rotate every other Tuesday at the strike of Midnight (so when Monday crosses from 11:59 - 12 Tuesday). That midnight timer is set as Austin local time in CST. I am verifying but I believe that means instead of midnight, it will now be 1AM since we are now in CDT. For reference, 1AM CDT is 6AM GMT.

Still digging on the details but what is above is correct from everything I know currently.

Thanks!

-eric

I'll post back and update the main post when/if he confirms the CST/CDT difference.

[...]

[*] Might Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Blue - Basic attack does 10% more damage and your companions are given a Reinforcement Boost whenever you use an adrenal giving them a bonus to damage and healing. Grants a small chance of summoning a powerful attack when you deal or take damage.

• Does not apply to PvP or MM ops
  • You do not have to be in a guild group for it to activate (the guides say you do based on PTS tooltips)
  • Usable by all classes
  • Displays like Orbital Strike
  • You have no control over when it triggers during combat
  • Triggers on training dummies
  • Shows up in the combat log as "Guild Reinforcement Strike": Image 1 & Image 2
  • When triggered it hits 5 times for between 20-40k each blast
  • Always displays Imperial target mark on ground even if you're a Rep
  • Can screw up boss fights: Pilgrim & Dreadtooth damage reflection stages / Denova EC tanks it takes the shields down / Ravagers it destroys the repair droids / TfB it can push the tentacles out of sync / Tyth it kills grace droids
  • You do see it as a buff when the orbital strike begins so if you are fast enough you can right click the buff to cancel it and another indicator is the big target marker that appears on the target just before it drops
  • Parsely will not accept parses that include the Guild Reinforcement Strike

• In multiple master mode operation runs, the orbital strike worked. You can seperate them from the sniper ones, by counting the hits. We also got the strikes without having a sniper in the team.
  • Tested to click the buff away. It also worked, after the first hit. So you can stop it, too.

Edited by fabsus

Ha wow that is mega funny! I'll update the list to reflect this. Thank you for posting :)

So 3/5 set bonuses are broken. 2 in favorable ways and 1 does not work at all. The Guild Reinforcement Strike is still dangerous/difficult to use due to it screwing up certain boss fights:

Pilgrim & Dreadtooth damage reflection stages / Denova EC tanks it takes the shields down / Ravagers it destroys the repair droids / TfB it can push the tentacles out of sync / Tyth it kills grace droids

You can work around some of those problems but it does mean your group is fighting against an extra mechanic. Then there's also the fact that Parsely refuse to accept logs with the orbital displayed.

Edited by UlaVii

Also, Group Resuscitation works in MM ops although the 50% Vitality set bonus cooldown reduction is still broken and does not work at all. I've asked one of our raid teams to test out if the 1m cooldown/usage reduction also works in MM ops. Edited by UlaVii

in discussion with others, we all think that the tooltips should be changed for many perks.

this list here helps a lot, but you could avoid wasting money, by clear descriptions.

especially the class buff perks are confusing.

regarding guild orbital strike:

i noticed, that you have a higher chance to get a orbital strike, by getting attacked, then attack somebody.

so i takes about 10k hits (several parses in a row), to activate the orbital strike. but by getting attacked as

a healer in ossus queen or the ossus kilik, it came up quit regulary. mostly every try. not that often, if adds

are falling down faster or ignoring me as a healer. also the other healers or tank roles are getting strikes more often than dps classes. maybe some could have an eye on this, too.

in the operations i was of-tanking, i noticed the same. by being attacked by several adds, i got the orbital strike

quite more frequently. but mostly it comes, when the targets are down.

Edited by fabsus

Here are the results for Group Resuscitation & Vitality set bonus:

• The Vitality set bonus 1m combat res cooldown and debuff are both reduced correctly. It's applied everywhere outside MM ops and PvP which is correct.
  • The Vitality set bonus 50% Group Res cooldown reduction is 100% broken and does not work at all
  • Group res works inside MM ops which is incorrect but in a good way
  • Group res does not work in PvP or rPvP which is correct

Edited by UlaVii

• 4 weeks later...

I updated the main post to add another note for the Zeal perk bonus:

BROKEN: Actually works in nightmare ops despite the tooltip saying it doesn't. There seem to be different things that trigger it between 0%, 5% and 10%

So that's a good change. Still not really sure it's worth getting those perks.

It does not work in PvP.

So much work and testing and Musco still hasn’t replied and it seems none of the bugs have been fixed?

What was the point in his post to continue all this testing and feed back if he is going to ignore the thread or if he is passing on feed back, why isn’t any of it fixed after 2 months.

This is another example of poor communication from Eric after he has specially asked for feed back and community member(s) spend time and resources to provide it.

Musco, please follow up with a yellow post with an update regarding guild perks

Edited by TrixxieTriss

After weeks of trial and error testing I present my suggestions for guild perks:

General

• Fix all the perks I marked with bold red "Broken" text
  • Rotate the perks weekly instead of bi-weekly
  • Change the rotation time to match the weekly CQ reset time instead of 01:00 BST on Monday/Tuesday
  • Give us a perk rotation countdown on the perks tab, similar to how we have one on the conquest tab so we know when things will rotate
  • Alter the perks for each slot so we don't have situations like the Starboard Command Room slot always being 7/10 flashpoint based
  • Remove the "Requires guild group" requirement from all perks as this kills pugging and makes the Warzone perks useless
  • Reduce all the extremely long cooldowns to a max of 1 hour as 6 hours is ridiculous
  • Allow all perks to persist through death, some already work that way e.g. Experience Focus
  • Remove perks when using training dummies or at least an item/ability to disable them on dummies
  • Make the perks that affect companion crit and efficiency for crafting and missions actually update the values on the crew panels (and both companion panels) so we can tell they are working
  • Add an indicator to the perks tab at the top to indicate when the perks have been changed by somebody with permission to do so. This will help when the active perks are changed and people need to remember to drag the new one to their quickbar.
  • The guild commendation cost of perks make exploration of new perks restrictive since so many are bugged or have unknown missions e.g. the Rally perks. The cost should be reduced and the commendation rewards increased.
  • Remove Reinforcement Modules as they are a pointless extra currency to have in the game. My guild has over 150 sitting in storage...
  • If you're not going to remove Reinforcement Modules then allow them to be sold on the GTN. They can already be traded.
  • Remove the Guild Commendation limit of 600

Specific Perks

• Restrict the Recharge Drones from PvP or make it a perk that is permanently available like Professional Training
  • Reduce the Hasten and Cleanse cooldowns to 1-2 minutes. Having a 15 minute cooldown for a perk that lasts 6 seconds makes it worthless
  • Reduce the cooldown of Group Resuscitation to be 8m (from 1 hour) (see further note in Vitality set bonus section below)
  • Remove the Flashpoint Fortitude and Operations Fortitude perks
  • Tax Evasion I-II-III needs to be greater percent to be worthwhile: 50%, 75% and 100%
  • Change the Group Resuscitation so the group is ressed at the casters location. This will prevent people who died in bad locations from instantly dieing again
  • Change "Crafting Conquest I" as it is an extremely expensive daily objective, requiring 30 Invasion Forces. Maybe just make it to craft an Invasion Force each day
  • The Flashpoint Mastery and Operation Mastery series of perks do not work in flashpoints/ops that are a lower level than your character. You get "Level Locked" so your stats get radically reduced meaning the bonus % does not count

Tooltips

• Make the tooltips clearer for what works with Crew Missions and Crafting, lots of people thought Professional Training worked with crafting when really it only affects crew skill missions. The very best thing to do here is to actually list the names of the skills the perks affect e.g. "Only affects Archaeology, Bioanalysis, Scavenging and Slicing"
  • Add a warning to the Quicker Travel series of perks to point out that for subs the perk is useless since the cooldown is already just 6s
  • Alter the tooltips for the perks which are just the basic class bonuses. At the moment the tooltips say that they do not stack with similar abilities but that is not clear enough as several guilds assumed this meant they do not stack with other similar perks. The tooltip should clearly indicate the perk does not stack with the similar class ability. The tooltip should also indicate that using these class bonus perks does not apply the effect to your group as a normal class bonus does.
  • Change the tooltips for the Crafting and Rally perks to indicate what the actual perk does. The current tooltip is ultra vague e.g. "Grants access to Crafting: Rally - Part 1" but that does not tell us what Crafting Rally Part 1 actually is. You have to waste Guild Commendations to find out or rely on others making the mistakes for you to post in a thread like this one
  • Update the Conqueror I and II tooltips to indicate that the 10% and 20% increase is to the base value and does not include your Stronghold Bonus
  • Update the Efficient Repair and Tax Evasion tooltips to display the actual % values instead of the vague "slightly/moderately/significantly" text
  • Update the Hasten tooltip to indicate that it only applies to your base speed and does not multiply Sprint or class utilities like Sneak
  • Update the Crafting Rally 1 objective text as it is not clear. See this thread for a deeper explanation with examples.

Set Bonuses

• General
    • Most of the time the set bonuses are not appealing enough to pick 4 of the same type of perks. The trade off of having the bonus vs selecting crap perks is not desirable enough e.g. you give up Ops Mastery so you can take Flashpoint Adrenals to activate the set bonus so you lose the benefit of a useful passive perk in favor of a set bonus that only triggers for 30s once every 30 minutes.
    • Most of the secondary bonus durations are terrible: A "small chance" to trigger a boost for 15s that can only happen at most once every 30m. Might as well not have them at that rate. Boost should be 1m that can happen once every 10m guaranteed (not small chance).

[*] Purple Glory Set Bonus

• 1% XP increase is far too small to be worth using 4 purple perks. This should be at least 50% to make it tantalizing.

[*] Blue Might Set Bonus

• This is awesome, thank you for this one. As an operative it is great to have orbital strikes back again. The only adjustments I would suggest are
    • (1) remove it from training dummies
    • (2) remove it from certain boss fights (list of these is in main post)

[*] Green Vitality Set Bonus

• The 1m combat res cooldown is not properly reflected in any of the res ability tooltips. The tooltip shows alacrity is factored in so you see "3m 45.3s" but when you activate the res you see the cooldown text showing it is 4m so it ignores alacrity.
    • If you reduce the group res cooldown to 8m as I suggested in the perks section then when you activate the set bonus to reduce the cooldown of Group Resussication by 50% to equal the normal cooldown period bonus of 4m
    • Fix the 50% reduction to Group Res as it currently does not reduce it at all
    • Fix the defensive bubble. Across 3 days of having the bonus activated, with over 800 active guild members only 2 said they "might" of seen it trigger.

[*] Teal Zeal Set Bonus

• Fix the alacrity to be the advertised 5% instead of 10% or change the tooltip to show it is 10% (better solution IMO)
    • Change the Alacrity Boost cooldown duration from 30m down to 5m

[*] Yellow Fortune Set Bonus

• Increase the crew skill time + crit to 10% (up from 2%) so it is better than perks you can already choose

Edited by UlaVii

personally i see that thread more as a community helps the community one.

and you all are doing it great.

to add some stuff:

- after setting a setbonus, the player being online during the change, need to relog, to activate the setbonus.

- i'm not sure about that, but i think it is the same for new perks, too.

- the cleanse perks cleanses also not-cleansable debuffs.

- after setting a setbonus, the player being online during the change, need to relog, to activate the setbonus.

- i'm not sure about that, but i think it is the same for new perks, too.

I'll have to retest the passive perks on Monday night when we change them again. The active perks aka the ones you activate like a normal ability change in realtime so if you are logged in and have recharge drones on your quickbar and the guild leader removes them or the perk expires then the ability is removed from your quickbar without having to relog. The new active perk is also available from the abilities panel straight away.

- the cleanse perks cleanses also not-cleansable debuffs.

That would make a very sucky perk a lot more interesting! Which non-cleansable debuffs have you seen it remove?

i will do some more testings, during the weekend.

maybe i can add some more.

but i could despell every debuff from queen vm with that abilitiy, even the caustic acid, normally you can't despell on your own.

generally spoken, i don't think that this perk is so useless. it gives every player the abilitiy to despell themselves with no costs. no energy, no force, no nothing. so especially if you are doing some bosses with just one healer in veteran or master mode, it helps to keep the group alive. and if something goes wrong, you don't need to wipe with your group.

How do you end up with a negative cooldown? The normal cooldown for combat res is 5 minutes. With a bunch of alacrity it goes down to 3.5-4 minutes.

In my tests even if the tooltip cooldown shows a time lower than 4 minutes (due to alacrity) when you pop the res the cooldown is capped at 4 minutes.

I added another "Broken" note to the Vitality perk set bonus:

BROKEN: The Izax Story Mode fight has a special 30s combat res cooldown. The part of this set bonus that reduces the cooldown by 1 minute pushes the res to -30s which means it is not reusable during the fight.

Thanks to michaelcshow for explaining the bug :)

as i wrote, i wanted to do some more testing.

it is a bit hard for us, because we mainly are running master mode operations,

and there it doesn't work.

i tried to despell some debuffs, for example as a tank. but these can't be cleansed with it.

as i said, in queen vm, you could get rid of all dots in there.

after the update, we did it again, and it was changed. so now it works as intended.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Vitality Set Bonus - Tooltip Image - Green - Increases healing received by 5% and reduces all resurrection cooldowns by 1 minute and Group Resuscitation guild perk by 50%. Small chance when taking damage below 20% to trigger defense bubble which absorbs a large amount of damage. Does not apply to PvP or MM ops.

• BROKEN: The Izax Story Mode fight has a special 30s combat res cooldown. The part of this set bonus that reduces the cooldown by 1 minute pushes the res to -30s which means it is not reusable during the fight.

In patch 5.10.3 they said this was fixed, can anyone confirm that please?

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/06042019/game-update-5.10.3-dantooine-incursion

Having the Guild Perk “Vitality Set Bonus” will no longer cause the Communication Breakdown debuff to last indefinitely during the Master Mode Izax Encounter. This was blocking combat resurrections during the encounter.

Finally had some time to run a larger analysis on the Professional Training active perk. We re-tested it with crafting and also with gathering missions. Since there is quite a lot of data I will split the two types of tests into two posts. This one studies the effects of Professional Training on crafting.

Professional Training

Tooltip: Increases Critical rate for all Crew Skills by 5% for 1 hour. Cooldown 6 hours.

Crafting Test Setup

• 8 Companions With Level 50 Influence & Legacy Of Crafting III Character Perk
  • The test is simply to craft 5 items with 8 companions and count the number of items all 8 produce
  • Ran the test 31 times with Professional Training activated and another 31 times with it not activated

Initial Results

Without Pro Training

Total with no crits: 1240

Total with crits: 1761

With Pro Training

Total with crits: 1770

Normalised Results

Without Pro Training

Total with crits: 1749

With Pro Training

Total with crits: 1787

Results Based On Normalised Data

Base value with zero crits

0% - 1240 Crafted Items

Actual values without Professional Training

41.05% - 1749 Crafted Items

Actual values with Professional Training activated

44.11% - 1787 Crafted Items (Pro Training added 3.06%)

What we should see if Professional Training added 5% as the tooltip says

46.05% - 1811 Crafted Items

Crafting Results Summary

Professional Training does appear to affect crafting crits although only by around 3% instead of the advertised 5%. That is still quite good considering the top level passive crafting perk "Critical Crafting III" only adds 3%. Keep in mind the difference between the two perks is that the passive one affects crafting 24/7 were as Professional Training only lasts for 1 hour. In the first post of this thread I am going to mark this perk as broken since it is not giving the full 5% it advertises.

The optimal way to make use of Pro Training is to queue up your crafted items on a dedicated crafting character. Then activate the perk and log out. The perk timer pauses when you log out so when you log back to that character it resumes from where it was. This means if you are fast queuing up your crafts then you can extend Pro Training for many hours, possibly days.

Edited by UlaVii