Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any canon characters in this game yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Any canon characters in this game yet?

twistedleftnut
03.31.2020 , 08:01 PM | #1
Like how Revan moved from legends to canon, are there any other characters in this game that moved to canon yet or is he still pretty much the only one?
literally free items - http://www.swtor.com/r/S82DYP

what you get from clicking that / what a refer code does
- https://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Ramell
03.31.2020 , 08:06 PM | #2
Revan was always canon. Only idiots who hate Star Wars care about Disney's inane garbage.

Zehal
04.01.2020 , 02:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramell View Post
Revan was always canon. Only idiots who hate Star Wars care about Disney's inane garbage.
LMAO! AMEN to that... I so agree.

With all its failings I have come to appreciate and become a hardcore fan of Legends material!

Spoiler

jedimasterjac
04.01.2020 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by twistedleftnut View Post
Like how Revan moved from legends to canon, are there any other characters in this game that moved to canon yet or is he still pretty much the only one?
Revan isn't canon.

We know that a legion was named after a figure called Revan.

This does not canonize anything else about the character.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

devilkat
04.01.2020 , 09:35 PM | #5
I don't think Revan was made cannon. I heard rumors of a Revan statue in the temple in RoS, but I was never able to spot it (if anyone can confirm or deny this, it'd be appreciated).
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

DarthDymond
04.02.2020 , 09:56 AM | #6
Other than Revan, I don't think any of the characters actually present in the plot of SWTOR have gotten a nod in Canon yet, but two who are referenced through armor and/or codex entry, Darth Andeddu and Exar Kun, have gotten Easter Egg references in the Canon: The Sith Eternal's Fifth Legion is the Andeddu Legion (just like the Third Legion is the Revan Legion), and some RPG supplement / behind-the-scenes material also references Exar Kun.

Obviously these references in the Canon don't mean that anything about the characters' stories, personalities, etc. are necessarily going to carry over to a Canon counterpart, and they may never expand beyond the current obscure references.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

cool-dude
05.02.2020 , 08:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Revan isn't canon.

We know that a legion was named after a figure called Revan.

This does not canonize anything else about the character.
And why would a Sith cult that worship the darkside name their legion after a Sith that turned back to the Jedi?