The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

Zintair

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, guys. I haven't played in a few months. Is the 31/0/10 build still viable, or has it been nerfed? I'm not up on the metagame at all. Thanks for the help.

Completely viable. At least for PvE. Many have shifted to a more hybridized form of the build for PvP.

I can list some PvP specs if that was the basis for the question otherwise I recommend the build for any PvE content.

Completely viable. At least for PvE. Many have shifted to a more hybridized form of the build for PvP.

I can list some PvP specs if that was the basis for the question otherwise I recommend the build for any PvE content.

I too would like to know what a good PvE leveling spec would be. Of course mixed with some PvP for face melting fun.

Also my main is a sage healer and I am currently having him set up to be bio chem, for quick instant pocket heal and power/wil buffs. what do you all recommend for a shadow for crafting?

Thanks!

I too would like to know what a good PvE leveling spec would be. Of course mixed with some PvP for face melting fun.

Also my main is a sage healer and I am currently having him set up to be bio chem, for quick instant pocket heal and power/wil buffs. what do you all recommend for a shadow for crafting?

Thanks!

I think the best PvE leveling spec was 31/0/10 - My personal preference based on playstyle which eventually allows you to become practically unkillable.

If I could have changed one thing I would have taken +willpower over + endurance gear. So my recommendation is to spec like a tank with tanking talents but to Gear for DPS with as much +Willpower and + Power as you can find. Don't completely neglect your tanking stats (Defense/shield/absorb) just don;t fous as much on Endurance as you would on Willpower when you are making gear choices.

Using Theran and having Tanking cooldowns and skills really makes you formidable and the added DPS reduces the time it takes to kill everything (which was the only downside to leveling as a tank)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I did mean for PVP. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I did mean for PVP. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Ok before I post any specs what eactly are you looking for in your PvP playstyle? Will you be looking to be more tanky or more DPS? Will you be gearing for tank or gearing for DPS?

This goes for KC mainly. There are a few different routes you can take depending what you hope to achieve. Regardless it's going to require gear and playing the style to master but it's important to nail down the playstyle so the spec and gear follow accordingly.

EX: Defend Healers and DPS and shut down enemy offensive DPS? Reliable self heals and ok burst.

EX: Burn down opposing healers, excel at burst and mobility and apply offensive CC to take out multiple targets.

What exactly has been changed in this guide to reflect 1.2?

That's difficult to say because ownership of the guide was transferred to me roughly right after 1.2 went live. Much of the changes are for POST 1.2 however.

Not too much has been done to the Shadow however 1.3 will see another Update to this.

Is there something that's not consistent? It's easy for me to accidentally gloss over something so if you DO find something that's incorrect please post and I will correct. 1 Editor is not enough for all this haha.

Quick question here the guide says use a power generator but shadows dont have this? we get focus and shield?

Yes a Focus. Any chance you could tell me where the word error occurs? Thank you.

Edited by Zintair

Thanks for posting this guide. It's going to help me a lot.

I lead an Imperial guild on Jung-Ma and recently decided to make a Republic guild on the same server. Some of my troops want HK-51 and wanted to get a head start on their Republic characters for it. I don't really have a need for HK-51 but I enjoy playing with the guys and gals in my guild.

So I decided to roll a Jedi Shadow purely for PvP. My main on the Imperial side was a Heal spec Sorc but converted him into a DPS after some of my troops expressed interest in healing. I leveled up traditionally and didn't really touch PvP much past the point when they hit us with the nerf bat. This is going to be some virgin territory for me.

So forgive me if you've already answered these questions previously.

1. I noticed that you had asked HouseSolo which playstyle he would want to play. I would like to play in a way that maximizes my points with as much DPS as possible. So which would be better for me to play as? The one that throws a Guard on the healer and defends that healer? Or should I just go straight DPS against the other teams healers?

2. For PvP, is the Biochem (Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy) crew skills viable for the stims? Or should I just stick to going with Slicing and make credits?

Yes a Focus. Any chance you could tell me where the word error occurs? Thank you.

Hey,

It's in the "PvP Tank with DPS Gearing" section of KC -> Gearing

"I do not recommend equipping a Shield Generator in PvP; you'll be better off with a Power Generator."

(just above "PvP Tank High Protection Playstyle" )

Hey,

It's in the "PvP Tank with DPS Gearing" section of KC -> Gearing

"I do not recommend equipping a Shield Generator in PvP; you'll be better off with a Power Generator."

(just above "PvP Tank High Protection Playstyle" )

Thank you!

Also this will be updated today with 1.3 information

Looking forward to the 1.3 updates and theories. I just logged on my shadow for the first time in a while.

I've got about 5 bm pieces, and still find the class doing very well in pvp. Very much missing the procs on my trinks...

And missing the set bonus from my crafted augmented bm slot gear:(.,

Question is , what is the optimal gear setup ? For example , before you took 2 surv bm pieces to get the set bonus , an the rest stalker, ... Is that still the case?

Thanks. And again glad to see post still rolling.

Very cool guide, i learned some new things and thank you for the effort you put into this for us. I did want to mention though that all the skill tree links are out of date and do not display properly, might want to check it.

The OP has been updated for information regarding 1.3

The skill trees have also been updated post the Torhead update which was causing the links to not function properly. Fixed a couple last spelling errors.

Please Sticky again! No reason it should have been unstickied!

For Infilitration spec in PVE OPs/FPS, which relics should I be looking to use, I am currently using the Matrix cube and the Campaign relic of boundless ages.

Are those good or should I be looking at one of the proc Campaign relics?

For Infilitration spec in PVE OPs/FPS, which relics should I be looking to use, I am currently using the Matrix cube and the Campaign relic of boundless ages.

Are those good or should I be looking at one of the proc Campaign relics?

You probably want the activated Campaign Power Relic and the Proc Internal or Elemental Damage Relic.

I believe the numbers were already "napkin math'd" out and if I recall correctly the Proc Passive relic comes out being higher at least in PVE.

So if your Crit and Surge is where you want it to be then I would take the Campaign Power Relic and the Passive Internal or Elemental damage one.

Augment Kits and Augments are going to be updated shortly.

I will be keeping a special section for them. I could use the help of some knowledgeable Infiltration and Balance Shadows to figure out the proper Augments for DPS.