Cant return Set Pieces?

kirorx

I just bought two of the wrong set pieces? I figured, no big deal i can just turn them back into the vendor, but apparently you can no longer do that. I never equiped the pieces or anything. I know you used to be able to turn them back in if you bought them within a certain amount of time. Is there some way to reclaim the 6000 components and 2 million credits i spent?

:mad:

Ya your kind of screwed and can't get a refund for those pieces, I've done the same thing before it sucks. You could try to make a ticket and maybe get lucky and get a cool person who will refund it for you. But by the time you would get a response you could of just refarmed the mats to buy them again lol.

Unfortunately, no.

It was a choice by the devs in order to prevent people from buying / returning to get a better initial roll on the built in amplifiers.

It was discovered on PTS, and squashed before 6.0 launched.

Ya your kind of screwed and can't get a refund for those pieces, I've done the same thing before it sucks. You could try to make a ticket and maybe get lucky and get a cool person who will refund it for you. But by the time you would get a response you could of just refarmed the mats to buy them again lol.

I just dont understand the refund option was removed. I am going to file a ticket and just log out for the rest of the evening, its just such a buzz kill to waste the day trying to buy these items and now its for squat. I bought the damn undying armor pieces which i have rows and rows of in my legacy bank already. So lame.

I just dont understand the refund option was removed. I am going to file a ticket and just log out for the rest of the evening, its just such a buzz kill to waste the day trying to buy these items and now its for squat. I bought the damn undying armor pieces which i have rows and rows of in my legacy bank already. So lame.

It was removed as people abused it so much ;/

Unfortunately, no.

It was a choice by the devs in order to prevent people from buying / returning to get a better initial roll on the built in amplifiers.

It was discovered on PTS, and squashed before 6.0 launched.

So charge a return fee of like 100K. That would be better than losing 3000 components and 1 million credits.

The refund option was available early in 6.0 and I used it. It was removed soon and I found out at the cost of tech fragments and credits. The equivalent option now is to buy mounts with tech fragments and credits; I use this option now to store excess tech fragments.

The refund option was available early in 6.0 and I used it. It was removed soon and I found out at the cost of tech fragments and credits. The equivalent option now is to buy mounts with tech fragments and credits; I use this option now to store excess tech fragments.

Wait... are you saying you buy a mount for tech fragments and credits and then at a later point you can return them and get the tech fragments and credits back? If yes: I wished I would have known that earlier. Just right now I logged out because I'm at 9.850 tech fragments and I have to wait until Kai Zykken opens his shop again before I can continue playing. (Well, I don't have to wait, but I don't want to waste tfs.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there like a confirmation before you buy it that it's not refundable?

If so, then that's a human error on your end

Well, there is also the fact that for some reason he bought armor pieces he already had... ;)

Sometimes such things happen. It's annoying, but life goes on. I once bought an armor piece to complete a set, and I forgot that I had a conquest crate in the inventory. I opened it right after the purchase and what can I say: I got exactly the missing piece I had just bought for 3.000 tfs and 1 million credits. :rolleyes:

So charge a return fee of like 100K. That would be better than losing 3000 components and 1 million credits.

Yeah although I'd say make it 1mil credits to get a return make people burn their millions heh, still a good idea man.

Edited by Lhancelot

Yeah although I'd say make it 1mil credits to get a return make people burn their millions heh, still a good idea man.

Not really - most things in game have a refund timer, and for a reason - players make mistakes.

The no refund was only put in place to prevent

a) players form using refunding as a way to get a better shell amplifer (extremly minimal benefit so who gives a &*^%)

b) prevent hording tech frags over the limit (still multiple ways to circumvent - and limit is just arbitrary nonsense in the first place so again, who gives a $#@*).

Edited by DawnAskham

Wait... are you saying you buy a mount for tech fragments and credits and then at a later point you can return them and get the tech fragments and credits back? If yes: I wished I would have known that earlier. Just right now I logged out because I'm at 9.850 tech fragments and I have to wait until Kai Zykken opens his shop again before I can continue playing. (Well, I don't have to wait, but I don't want to waste tfs.)

Yes, but the trick is to buy it on a hardly used toon, so that the timer doesn't run out, as the timer only runs out when the char is logged in. Then when you need the frags,. log in, sell it back, and you get your frags. Personally I think they should just increase the limit, like they have other tokens, etc. There was a thread about it, but so far have heard nothing /shrug

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there like a confirmation before you buy it that it's not refundable?

If so, then that's a human error on your end

Actually dont know if the prompt says non refundable. I took all those pop ups years ago. I thought it was just "are you sure" prompts.

Which frankly at that time I was. I think because I get undying pieces all the time, i mix it up with descent of the fearless.

It happens. I work for the fire dept and i cant tell you how many people have come back to the firehouse and instead of cilantro, they bought a big bundle of parsley. Talk about disappointing

Of course you can drive back to Walmart and return the parsley, because they let will you return food you bought by accident. :cool:

Edited by kirorx

Not really - most things in game have a refund timer, and for a reason - players make mistakes.

a) players form using refunding as a way to get a better shell amplifer (extremly minimal benefit so who gives a &*^%)

b) prevent hording tech frags over the limit (still multiple ways to circumvent - and limit is just arbitrary nonsense in the first place so again, who gives a $#@*).

The fact is they have amps attached to the gear... Unless they fix that issue they can't refund gears... lol. That's why they do not refund gears.

So assuming they aren't going to find a work around to make it so people don't exploit amps on refunds, I'd say his idea is still a good way to punish people for error, but not punish them so hard it ruins their day.

I agree, having limits on tech frags and stuff is stupid. I remember when they lifted WZ token limits and for a short period of time everything was legacy bound. Well, they reverted to using heavy RNG again, they also have now reverted back to adding limits to these items I don't understand it, it's a bad move. So we agree there.

I even agree they should refund gears! But, they made it clear they can't detach amps from the gears thus refunding gears they won't do. So we move on to the next thing, which is why I agree to make it a cost of credits to refund. Then if people want to use refunding for amps, they will spend 1mil each time. Otherwise, if it was just a mistake, a player spends 1mil to refund the gear they grabbed on accident.

Edited by Lhancelot

The problem was already made known to the devs on the PTS and they didn't fix it. What the issue is, is regarding the amplifier that's on the set piece itself. By allowing to return the item as normal, they opened the door to people buying and returning the piece until they had the right amplifier.

100K is peanuts when it comes to amplifiers and therefore the 100K suggestion still wouldn't do the trick properly.

So yeah, they just let people have their fun for a few months and then they just changed it to a non-refundable item because it was the easy and cheap solution to THEIR problem.

They should've added amplifiers to crafting but again, they chose for the cheap and easy way to implement amplifiers so people could gamble on the amplifiers instead of creating something that came at a crafting cost. Onslaught is the expansion of RNG and Credit sinks.

Clearly some do, that's why it's there. Bw has always said that anything no matter how small that gives players an advantage is not going to be allowed. You don't agree, well I certainly don't care about that. A charge is a way around it, but the same player(s) would complain about that as well.

Edited by Daxisaclone

Clearly some do, that's why it's there. Bw has always said that anything no matter how small that gives players an advantage is not going to be allowed. You don't agree, well I certainly don't care about that. A charge is a way around it, but the same player(s) would complain about that as well.

BW has said many things and yet we have the 150% SH bonus which favors the more affluent players. Let's be honest here and admit that BW doesn't always tell the truth and can change their minds about things (the latter being fair enough).

And that's just one example because the new set bonuses that are at the vendors can be had by players who have more credits than others more quickly. It's not even an afterthought for them, myself included so I'm one of them.

The whole amplifier system also favors the affluent because they have the credits to put into them where others don't. So really, your argument that BW said that anything no matter how small that gives players an advantage is not going to be allowed" is a rather hollow statement.

And in case you don't remember or are a new player, they have dealt with this type of "token hoarding" differently in the past by making them obsolete at various times. It worked like that before, they just didn't tell people about it in the past so they got the rage of the players to deal with. That's on them but that's a communication issue.

But all in all there are definitely things in play that give certain types of players an advantage. To say otherwise is to be blind to them.

They should've added amplifiers to crafting but again, they chose for the cheap and easy way to implement amplifiers so people could gamble on the amplifiers instead of creating something that came at a crafting cost. Onslaught is the expansion of RNG and Credit sinks.

People are walking around with billions of credits. I can solo run MM red reaper a few times and make like 5 million within an hour. The game needs credit sinks.

People are walking around with billions of credits. I can solo run MM red reaper a few times and make like 5 million within an hour. The game needs credit sinks.

It does, but not as many have that many credits as you might think. There are loads of people who barely scratch that first million because of their playstyle.

Just because everybody CAN get millions doesn't mean everybody does. However, what you forget is that those who have billions also have ways to maintain those billions. So what's going on is the wrong type of credit sinks. But then BW tends to plug holes with other holes.

It does, but not as many have that many credits as you might think. There are loads of people who barely scratch that first million because of their playstyle.

Just because everybody CAN get millions doesn't mean everybody does. However, what you forget is that those who have billions also have ways to maintain those billions. So what's going on is the wrong type of credit sinks. But then BW tends to plug holes with other holes.

Its literally impossible to not have several million credits once you hit 75 and are geared. You can just run your daily vet and MM group finder FP's, finish the weeklies and destroy all the junk gear you get and sell the legendary embers you get plus the isotopes you earned in the FP. I get at least 2 embers every day on a single character and they consistently sell for over 500k.

And that's just the minimum of low effort to earn credits. You can run the dailies/heroics which also reward a ton of credits. You can also sell tier 11 mats for a decent chunk of change, buy mats with jawa junk to sell on the gtn (takes a bit of research but its still easy credits.)

Yes, those who have hundreds of millions and billions of credit play the gtn or are likely crafters, but it is not hard to make millions of credits. Even at my casual level of play my main always has about 10-20 mil by the end of the week just from selling legendary embers.

Its literally impossible to not have several million credits once you hit 75 and are geared. You can just run your daily vet and MM group finder FP's, finish the weeklies and destroy all the junk gear you get and sell the legendary embers you get plus the isotopes you earned in the FP. I get at least 2 embers every day on a single character and they consistently sell for over 500k.

And that's just the minimum of low effort to earn credits. You can run the dailies/heroics which also reward a ton of credits. You can also sell tier 11 mats for a decent chunk of change, buy mats with jawa junk to sell on the gtn (takes a bit of research but its still easy credits.)

Yes, those who have hundreds of millions and billions of credit play the gtn or are likely crafters, but it is not hard to make millions of credits. Even at my casual level of play my main always has about 10-20 mil by the end of the week just from selling legendary embers.

It's not literally impossible. I do not think you know what that word means. You forget that people spend credits also on their way to 75 and don't always have alts to support them. You'd be surprised how inefficient a lot of people are, but the thing is they don't play this game to be efficient. And as it stands even if they did save and had a few millions. Try the amplifier game and you're down to zero in no time.

That's why I find that system bad for credit sinks because it doesn't hit the richest of the rich but everybody who wants to gear up. And I'd like them to take the RNG out of it. That's why keep suggesting adding it to crafting. They could for example take away the gathering missions that give those core mats that I usually buy at the vendor (like zoosha solution, cranorium thread, etc.). And then put the money sink there. Then make the amplifiers craftable and addable to gear like dyes so we can't rip em out and they won't be re-used for example. A much less egregious style of money sinks as far as I'm concerned. Plus it gives something useful to do for crafting again instead of just augments and biochem.

It's not literally impossible. I do not think you know what that word means. You forget that people spend credits also on their way to 75 and don't always have alts to support them. You'd be surprised how inefficient a lot of people are, but the thing is they don't play this game to be efficient. And as it stands even if they did save and had a few millions. Try the amplifier game and you're down to zero in no time.

That's why I find that system bad for credit sinks because it doesn't hit the richest of the rich but everybody who wants to gear up. And I'd like them to take the RNG out of it. That's why keep suggesting adding it to crafting. They could for example take away the gathering missions that give those core mats that I usually buy at the vendor (like zoosha solution, cranorium thread, etc.). And then put the money sink there. Then make the amplifiers craftable and addable to gear like dyes so we can't rip em out and they won't be re-used for example. A much less egregious style of money sinks as far as I'm concerned. Plus it gives something useful to do for crafting again instead of just augments and biochem.

1-50 requires and extremely small amount of credits. There's modifiable gear for dirt cheap from the level 10 vendor and the 1-50 mods vendors are extremely cheap. You don't need a lot of credits when leveling 1-50. You don't need credits for abilities and the only "big cost" is the speeder. Post SoR the game literally hands gear sets to you.

I don't like the RNG of amps, but making the craftable would be way more expensive. Just look at how much a single augment costs.

That said, amps are not even a necessary thing. Its just bonus stats that across all your armorings add roughly 5-6% and you shouldn't even be worrying about them till you're full geared and min maxed. The amount of time you will be spending farming tech frags to get your set bonus you'll have more than enough credits to mess with amps. If you're rolling amps on the non-moddable gear.....well you just wasted credits. Stop it.

1-50 requires and extremely small amount of credits. There's modifiable gear for dirt cheap from the level 10 vendor and the 1-50 mods vendors are extremely cheap. You don't need a lot of credits when leveling 1-50. You don't need credits for abilities and the only "big cost" is the speeder. Post SoR the game literally hands gear sets to you..
You look at it from your own view, which is understandable but it's not about need. It's about want. And people want cosmetics for example. You really need to broaden your view on how and why people play this game. I don't understand all of it myself, but I do acknowledge that there are people out there that are just wired differently.

I don't like the RNG of amps, but making the craftable would be way more expensive. Just look at how much a single augment costs..
Non-argument. Crafting can be as expensive or cheap as the devs see fit. It also adds more to crafting overall, which is sorely lacking at the moment. And GTN prices are for those who don't like to craft and need augments. When you craft them yourself it's a lot cheaper. And that's the point...make crafting more interesting for more people. Be self-sufficient.

That said, amps are not even a necessary thing. Its just bonus stats that across all your armorings add roughly 5-6% and you shouldn't even be worrying about them till you're full geared and min maxed. The amount of time you will be spending farming tech frags to get your set bonus you'll have more than enough credits to mess with amps. If you're rolling amps on the non-moddable gear.....well you just wasted credits. Stop it .
Again, you are speaking of need. I just want something to do. It took me essentially weeks to gear my 14 toons up because it is that fast. And that means set bonuses, specific mods and augments. Like you I suppose I'm very efficient, but I'm left with nothing to do. To me that's the biggest failing of gearing in 6.0. And incidentally 5-6% is quite significant. It's nothing to scoff at. Do a lot of people need it? Probably not but it's not about need. It's about fun and having something to do and the more RNG there is the less fun it becomes. Edited by Tsillah

People turned the return option into a way to exploit amplifiers & gearing so it was changed in patch 6.0.1 back in November 2019 (scroll to items and economy - it's the last point). The "fix" removed the option to return items making all sales if lvl 75 gear final (and inadvertently punishing people who made a genuine purchase mistake).

Set Bonus gear and Tactical items purchased from the Class vendors on the fleet can no longer be refunded

The "no refunds" thing is pretty well established now - see this thread where loads moaned about it (myself included). Putting in a ticket will probably just get you laughed at by CS however, if you do succeed in getting a refund let us all know - I bet there are plenty who bought stuff by mistake who would like their currency back!

however, if you do succeed in getting a refund let us all know - I bet there are plenty who bought stuff by mistake who would like their currency back!

I can imagine them coming back and saying they did, just so hundreds of us will bombard CS looking for our returns...lol.