Sometimes I'm just amazed how people got the nerve!

Babajista

Internet tends to bring the worst in people!

Yesterday I decided to invest the little time I have to do the dread palace operation,

So I joined a group via the fleet chat, waited while they found enough people, made my

way to Oricon.. It all took like 30 min, and while they were inviting people I said in the

chat "we have some low geared dps and good geared healers, that's gonna be interesting"

So the team leader after 10 min told " you annoyed us all with your talk about gear <something long with a lot of ***> , I just have someone from my guild I'm removing you from the group you <again a lot of **> "

I wasted precious 30 min because of this..

And I have the feeling that he just was looking for an excuse to kick someone to put his friend instead..

I'm saying this because when I see the leader doing this to someone in a group (not to me)' I'm saying that this

is rude and leaving the group myself (as a protest), I encourage you to do the same,

It's time to teach this inconsiderate people a lesson..

Would like to know your opinion, I'm so tired from this behavior..

OP didn't get the support he was fishing for there eh.

OP: Something to bear in mind for the future, it is the op leader's prerogative to add and kick whomever they so wish at any given point in time, they do not ever owe you an explanation for this. Without sounding overly harsh, it happens, you just have to suck it up and move on. Although, keeping your mouth shut and not making ******** comments would be a step in the right direction for you in terms of your raid progression.

Edited by theonetruebleed

So the OP joined a group and made a somewhat snarky remark about how the dps' in the group were undergeared and then got booted because of that remark.

I'm amazed that he found a group that wasn't insanely gear focused in the first place. It's usually the other way around. You get booted because you aren't geared enogh... doesn't matter if you are good at your class or not...

Oh well, the OP gets no sympathy from me.

First off, I think there is more to this story than the OP lets on and secondly the OP seems to be one of those gear focused people that I don't like playing with.

So the OP joined a group and made a somewhat snarky remark about how the dps' in the group were undergeared and then got booted because of that remark.

I'm amazed that he found a group that wasn't insanely gear focused in the first place. It's usually the other way around. You get booted because you aren't geared enogh... doesn't matter if you are good at your class or not...

First off, I think there is more to this story than the OP lets on and secondly the OP seems to be one of those gear focused people that I don't like playing with.

+1 to you my friend.

lol @ OP

Nobody cares about your tear soaked sob story.

Translation : "Hey, look at me, I'm much, much better than him, take MEEEEE the next time instead of HIm !!!111eleven".

He could have tried it out, indeed. However, I had quite some problems being undergeared (only a mix of 66 and 69 and 1 piece with 78) ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I agree with this.

I agree with this too.

OP - perhaps you could have been more tactful? If you were starting to judge gear before you'd even started, they perhaps decided you were going to be rude throughout the instance and couldn't be bothered to deal with that.

I agree with this too.

OP - perhaps you could have been more tactful? If you were starting to judge gear before you'd even started, they perhaps decided you were going to be rude throughout the instance and couldn't be bothered to deal with that.

That is a good suggestion.Two thumbs up!

next time, unless it is your raid, don't complain.

And yes you were complaining in a passive aggressive manner.

How do I know this? I have a mother.

This.

OP, you "shot first" technically. Although yes, the Op leader was a dick from the way you describe this situation, you technically brought it upon yourself. You also need to remember that the community in SWTOR isn't the same as the original community at launch, situations like this with these kind of people are very common.

This.

OP, you "shot first" technically. Although yes, the Op leader was a dick from the way you describe this situation, you technically brought it upon yourself. You also need to remember that the community in SWTOR isn't the same as the original community at launch, situations like this with these kind of people are very common.

It did seem a lot different.Oh well.

It all took like 30 min, and while they were inviting people I said in the

chat "we have some low geared dps and good geared healers, that's gonna be interesting"

So the team leader after 10 min told " you annoyed us all with your talk about gear <something long with a lot of ***> , I just have someone from my guild I'm removing you from the group you <again a lot of **> "

Would like to know your opinion, I'm so tired from this behavior..

Personally, I would have kicked you as well. It's not your job to annoy fellow group mates with leetist gear bashing, not even in the passive manner in which you did so here.

You choose to PUG. By definition PUGS are random grouping of players of various skills, gear, etc. Show some respect for that, and you likely won't get kicked next time. If it's not acceptable to you.. PUGs are probably not a good choice for you IMO.

/two-cents

Edited by Andryah

This gear crutch is really hurting the game and community more than a lot of people care to think.

Bad players will be bad players regardless of gear. I pugged an SM Dread Palace (8man, mostly guilded) the other day on my fresh operative (with a legacy smuggle of 4pce arkanian gear and crafted 53 implants, ear etc.) The group weren't too impressed that I barely had 32K HP, but I insisted I was confident in doing the encounter and thankfully had the achievements to back up this claim; we one-shot every encounter But... there was still that initial hesitation "Because I wasn't geared"

And another annocdote, I was also in another pug recently, HM TFB... content which level scaling aside is almost 1.5 years old. Plenty of dps boasting their "Full(y sick) 78s" and tons of confidence about it; so we went in. A few wipes to Writhing, but nothing too terrible, but a 25% enrage on Kelsara...

Gear is not helping, it's just giving people an excuse to be average, or worse...

Edited by Declan_Vee
add context

This gear crutch is really hurting the game and community more than a lot of people care to think.

Bad players will be bad players regardless of gear. I pugged an SM Dread Palace (8man, mostly guilded) the other day on my fresh operative (with a legacy smuggle of 4pce arkanian gear and crafted 53 implants, ear etc.) The group weren't too impressed that I barely had 32K HP, but I insisted I was confident in doing the encounter and thankfully had the achievements to back up this claim; we one-shot every encounter But... there was still that initial hesitation "Because I wasn't geared"

And another annocdote, I was also in another pug recently, HM TFB... content which level scaling aside is almost 1.5 years old. Plenty of dps boasting their "Full(y sick) 78s" and tons of confidence about it; so we went in. A few wipes to Writhing, but nothing too terrible, but a 25% enrage on Kelsara...

Gear is not helping, it's just giving people an excuse to be average, or worse...

"Gear" is just a cheap replacement for the last 10 levels they didn't want to create content for.

RPG's are all about character progression. You take out the last 10 levels, put all of that "progression" into gear stats and now you don't have to bother making any zones, dungeons, or quests for those 10 levels. It's smoke and mirrors to fool people into thinking that A) the game is fast and easy to max level and B) "grinding" xps to go from 50-60 is ultra boring but grinding gear by farming the same handful of missions over and over to get the exact same end result is somehow good.

MMO players today are doing exactly the same thing they were doing 15 years ago in vanilla EQ. But the marketing department managed to convince them that a gear grind is better than a level grind. It's not a coincidence that a gear grind game also requires far less content than a level grind one does.

I feel sorry for you

Though you making me a big service, people like you will eventually make

me quit the bad habit of playing online games.

Keep your good job.

Don't let the peanut gallery get you down.

This game (and forum) is overflowing with obnoxious, juvenile teens with Napoleon complexes.