Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Windows won't shut down properly after running SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Windows won't shut down properly after running SWTOR

GCrion
01.09.2019 , 03:34 PM | #1
So I recently got into SWTOR (finally) and I'm having a weird issue where Windows will not shut down properly after running the game and I have to hold my power button to shut down. Windows shuts down fine so long as I haven't played yet. I've tried reinstalling the client and switching to the non-streaming version of the launcher as well. Neither have any effect. Other than that the game plays fine. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

JediQuaker
01.10.2019 , 11:52 AM | #2
The most basic thing to do first is to make sure all your drivers are up-to-date - audio, graphics, chipset, etc.

JediKnightGeorge
01.11.2019 , 12:03 AM | #3
Windows itself won't shut down? Or your game won't close properly? If it's the former, I can't tell you much unfortunately without me being at your computer. However, Windows is finicky and could maybe (strong maybe?) be hanging due to a SWTOR process not closing properly. Run cntrl+alt+delete and open Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see if anything that says SWTOR is still running.

This is just a suggestion. I honestly don't know.

Good luck!
Get some free goodies with this referral link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Bkbn2d

AlrikFassbauer
01.11.2019 , 04:23 AM | #4
Which version of "Windows" ?
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

LD_Little_Dragon
01.11.2019 , 10:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKnightGeorge View Post
Run cntrl+alt+delete and open Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see if anything that says SWTOR is still running.
I have a desktop that won't shut the game down properly. Using task manager to shut off the swotor process worked, but then I found that alt-F4 also worked. I don't quit the game anymore on that computer, just hit alt-F4.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

GCrion
01.19.2019 , 03:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKnightGeorge View Post
Windows itself won't shut down? Or your game won't close properly? If it's the former, I can't tell you much unfortunately without me being at your computer. However, Windows is finicky and could maybe (strong maybe?) be hanging due to a SWTOR process not closing properly. Run cntrl+alt+delete and open Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see if anything that says SWTOR is still running.

This is just a suggestion. I honestly don't know.

Good luck!
The issue seems to have resolved itself with the latest patch... It wasn't a stuck process though. Already checked for that.