Ownership Transfers for Dead Guilds

Calligan

Hey Bioware reps, I was just wondering if there has ever been any thought about transference of guild ownership when guild leaders and officers have cancelled their accounts and have been inactive in guilds for months. There's a guild I was once a part of (and I believe I still have a character in there), that I'd like to rebuild, but I can't do anything because I wasn't an officer.

i second this.

does anyone know if we can write a in game ticket to do such? in eq2 we could do this and it took only a couple days or so for the transfer.

i too would like to restart building a dead guild much like the op, be able buy a bank slot and etc. that way IF anyone comes back there are others there to do content with which might entice them to stay.

So I put a ticket in, waited for a while, and they hooked me up. Their reply message said something along the lines of the former guild leader being inactive for over 33 days (at least that's what I think it was), and my character was promoted.

Would be nice now if there was a last-login date stamp on each character in the guild window so we could keep the roster fresh *hint, hint* Guild Wars 1 was really good at that and it worked phenomenally well.

Would be nice now if there was a last-login date stamp on each character in the guild window so we could keep the roster fresh *hint, hint*

that would be nice. as it is, it's hard to see which guildmates are still logging in often. can't tell if they quit or if they just log in at different times than you do.

So I put a ticket in, waited for a while, and they hooked me up. Their reply message said something along the lines of the former guild leader being inactive for over 33 days (at least that's what I think it was), and my character was promoted.

Would be nice now if there was a last-login date stamp on each character in the guild window so we could keep the roster fresh *hint, hint* Guild Wars 1 was really good at that and it worked phenomenally well.

there is one. you just have to change it to that option on the far right column on one of the windows. it will reset each time though to the guild rank when you log.

also i too finally got control over my old dead guild. thank you bioware.

there is one. you just have to change it to that option on the far right column on one of the windows. it will reset each time though to the guild rank when you log.

Okay interesting... I'll give it a look. Grats on taking charge, by the way Uniz. I managed to get my guild up to 12 active players or so now, so things are looking up quickly. Hope the same or better happens for you.