Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phase walk stupidity

Shirvington's Avatar


Shirvington
01.14.2018 , 10:57 PM | #1
Can you please finally adjust (and I mean "fix") Phase Walk: when you try to use it when you are hindered and it fails, the game cancels your phase walk drop-down location. Can you change it so that when you try to use and you can't for whatever reason, it gives you an error message instead? Who thought it was a good idea to make the Place/Cancel function the same button as the Teleport button?

All too often in the heat of combat, espeically PvP, you can't see when you have a net on you due to the multitude of visual effects, or the net was placed at the same time you try to teleport, or the mara hinder is the same instant you try to teleport, and the game decides to cancel your Phase Walk instead of just not use it. And you die, because even if you use your breaker, now you have no teleport.

It's a sloppy design decision. Let people click off the Phase Walk buff if they want to cancel their drop location without teleporting so if I get hindered without knowing it (are you really going to require us to watch our debuff bar in combat instead of playing the game?) I can use Phase Walk after I'm not hindered anymore.

VongCommanderJah's Avatar


VongCommanderJah
01.16.2018 , 06:57 AM | #2
I mean BW devs NEVER do pvp at all, what you described is one the of most idiotic design ever thought about in any game.
Never do today what you can do tomorow .
Join date : Dec 2k8 (Tsavongah)

Jrbabar's Avatar


Jrbabar
02.08.2018 , 12:05 PM | #3
/signed this really should be fixed asap

masstershake's Avatar


masstershake
02.08.2018 , 01:01 PM | #4
OMG totally agree
Prophecy of the 5 a holes; [Corrupted Souls]
Masstershake-sniper Fryloc-sorc
Meetwad-jug Kil'er-op
Alcohallic-Merc Hallbanero-assassin

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
02.09.2018 , 05:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirvington View Post
Can you please finally adjust (and I mean "fix") Phase Walk: when you try to use it when you are hindered and it fails, the game cancels your phase walk drop-down location. Can you change it so that when you try to use and you can't for whatever reason, it gives you an error message instead? Who thought it was a good idea to make the Place/Cancel function the same button as the Teleport button?

All too often in the heat of combat, espeically PvP, you can't see when you have a net on you due to the multitude of visual effects, or the net was placed at the same time you try to teleport, or the mara hinder is the same instant you try to teleport, and the game decides to cancel your Phase Walk instead of just not use it. And you die, because even if you use your breaker, now you have no teleport.

It's a sloppy design decision. Let people click off the Phase Walk buff if they want to cancel their drop location without teleporting so if I get hindered without knowing it (are you really going to require us to watch our debuff bar in combat instead of playing the game?) I can use Phase Walk after I'm not hindered anymore.
Nah just give back the ability to sins!

DeadDogBarking's Avatar


DeadDogBarking
02.25.2018 , 01:25 PM | #6
Agree with the sins wanting their ability back
Class change and balance is a never ending family feud.
Every sibling demands individualized treatment and gifts, but then they always complain and compare it to what their brothers and sisters received.

EmperorRus's Avatar


EmperorRus
03.31.2019 , 04:41 AM | #7
Bump!
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

Amaste's Avatar


Amaste
06.10.2019 , 12:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirvington View Post
It's a sloppy design decision. Let people click off the Phase Walk buff if they want to cancel their drop location without teleporting so if I get hindered without knowing it (are you really going to require us to watch our debuff bar in combat instead of playing the game?) I can use Phase Walk after I'm not hindered anymore.
I really don't want to be that guy, but is this serious? .-.
Leguim, Dück, Neck Rope

Stop Resisting

DeeMoneyBig's Avatar


DeeMoneyBig
06.18.2019 , 01:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaste View Post
I really don't want to be that guy, but is this serious? .-.
can't even begin to tell you the number of times I've died in pvp due to this...

Angel - <Resurgum>

Amaste's Avatar


Amaste
06.19.2019 , 11:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DeeMoneyBig View Post
can't even begin to tell you the number of times I've died in pvp due to this...
I'm sure, but I'm asking if hes seriously stating he shouldn't be required to keep track of his debuffs in pvp.
Leguim, Dück, Neck Rope

Stop Resisting