Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruption / Seer Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Corruption / Seer Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

peredupanloup
04.22.2019 , 10:45 AM | #11
The sage has a particularity compared to the others healer : the force armor. I have an idea of tacticals item for supported this. This could also changed the gameplay substantially.

Tactical items :
"The ally affected by Force-imbalanced debuff are healed for an amount equivalent to the damage caused by the single-target damage spells of the sage seer."

The % of damage can be balanced at 80%, 70% ... in relation to balancing.

This can change the gameplay of the sage who owns this tactical item.

MuskyBoy
04.28.2019 , 02:50 PM | #12
Not sure if it should be in the build, utilities or set bonus but healer sorcs need a free damage ability that they can use that will help regenerate force. Healer damage is important in high end ops and sorcs have no way of doing this without hurting resources unlike mercs and operative who have the ability to use basic attack to help regenerate resources and help dps.

JediBoadicea
05.01.2019 , 08:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MuskyBoy View Post
Not sure if it should be in the build, utilities or set bonus but healer sorcs need a free damage ability that they can use that will help regenerate force. Healer damage is important in high end ops and sorcs have no way of doing this without hurting resources unlike mercs and operative who have the ability to use basic attack to help regenerate resources and help dps.
This is such a good point. I've played a Sage healer since launch and I can't believe this didn't occur to me, but this would be great. Saber Strike already costs no resources, but the problem is that healers are almost always outside of melee range of the boss, so perhaps something that converts this into a ranged ability? A significant range, something comparable to the distance true ranged DPS would usually be standing at.

TheSpiceIsRIght
05.02.2019 , 01:57 AM | #14
Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

CORRUPTION/SEER

Tactical Suggestions:
  • When your Static Barrier/Force Armor on friendly players expires or is broken they heal all friendly players within x metres for y (very small amount) healing
  • Roaming Mend/Wandering Mend no longer bounces between players, instead applies 4 stacks to the target healing upon damage taken once per second. (Force Bending [a.) no longer affects Roaming Mend] or [b.) Force Bending causes the target to receive 75% of Roaming Mends healing up front].
  • Casting Resurgence/Rejuvenate on a target currently affected by your Revivification/Salvation also applies Resurgence/Rejuvenate to all other targets affected by your Revivification/Salvation. Can only occur once every 14s
  • Force pull gives its target a 25% Critical chance increase on the next 2 gcdís. If no damage is done in those gcdís, the target reduces 50% of their threat.
  • Using Static Barrier with 3 stacks of Force Surge applies a Static Barrier which expands around the targeted player up to 4m and increases damage reduction for a maximum of 8 allies within its radius by 5% for 10s. Consumes 3 stacks of Force Surge.
  • Force Barrier becomes Empowered Barrier which reduces all damage taken by 40/50% for all targets within a 4m radius of the caster. Caster is no longer immune to damage but can use abilities.
  • Force barrier can now be placed on a friendly target and force barrier's duration is reduced by 50%. Target benefits from all the effects of force barrier but cannot perform any action while the channel is active. (Alternate version: Force barrier can now be placed on a friendly target and remains on the target for a 10? second period. The effects of force barrier only activate if the target falls below 1hp. Once active, the target is unable to perform any action for 4? seconds but gains all the effects of force barrier.)
  • Force Regeneration Tacticals:
    • When your Static Barrier/Force Armor on friendly players is broken, (not expire), refunds x amount of force.
    • Crushing Darkness & Affliction ticks refund force
    • Reverse Corruptions reduces the force cost of Crushing Darkness, Affliction and Force Lightning by X force.
  • Recklessness now restores 300 force immediately, reduces force regen to 0 for 8s and after 10s recklessness reduces total force by 200?

Set Bonus:
  • 2-Set: Reduces Innervateís cooldown (as it is now)
  • 4-set: Activating Roaming Mend grants [insert buff name here], which reduces the cast time of your next Dark Infusion by 0.5s and increases itís crit chance by 30%. [Buff Name] lasts 6 seconds.
  • 6-Set: Recklessness grants 150 force over 6 seconds
Spice
<FAILURE> - Satele Shan
World First Slayer of the Machine Gods

JediBoadicea
05.21.2019 , 09:24 PM | #15
Been healing through some cleanse-heavy fights recently, and it occurred to me that an idea for a nifty Tactical item might be:

Force Armor + Cleanse: When you apply a Force Armor it also removes one cleansable effect. This should work on both self and others.

I would totally grind for that one to keep in my arsenal to whip out for specific fights.

SpleneticGamer
05.25.2019 , 02:16 PM | #16
Personally, I really liked the "leaked" set bonus changes:

Roaming Mend and Wandering Mend restore 5 Force per target affected. (I don't like this one though)

Unnatural Preservation and Force Mend now additionally heal up to 8 allies within 30 meters affected by your Resurgence or Revivification and Rejuvenate or Salvation for 70% of its full healing.

Recklessness and Force Potency grant Mender's Surge, causing your next Innervate or Healing Trance to heal instantly and cost no Force.

If these can't be set bonus changes for some reason, I think making them Tactical Items would be the way to go; however, i would really like to see the 2 I like as set bonuses.

Tactical Items:

Activating Polarity Shift causes all healing abilities used during its duration to activate instantly. (would be awesome)

All healing abilities that consume a stack of Recklessness do X% additional critical healing. (Would have to be a massive amount so it isn't completely outclassed by the aforementioned TI)

Increases the healing done by Revivification by X% (let's say 250%) and reduces the force consumed by 50%. In addition, Roaming mend heals for X% (25%-50%) more, travels one additional time, and restores 5 force when it heals a target. (This would be awesome for AoE healing.. possibly broken with that "leaked" set bonus that causes targets effected by Revivification/Resurgence to be healed by 70% of what Unnatural Preservation heals the caster)

Applying static barrier to yourself applies it to all group/operation members within 60m and reduces the duration of the Deionized debuff on yourself and all allies by 50%. In addition, Expunge now cleanses Tech effects and cleanses up to 4 group/operation members within 30m.

Set Bonus:

2pc: Consuming Darkness is now off the GCD but consumes 15% of your max health if it doesn't consume a stack of Force Surge. (kinda like how it used to be...)

4pc: Unnatural Preservation and Force Mend now additionally heal up to 8 allies within 30 meters affected by your Resurgence or Revivification and Rejuvenate or Salvation for 70% of its full healing.

4pc: Force Bending Increases the critical chance of your next Innervate by 100%. Can only occur once every X (30 is probably fair) seconds. In addition, the cooldown of innervate is reduced by 1.5 seconds.

6pc: Recklessness and Force Potency grant Mender's Surge, causing your next Innervate or Healing Trance to heal instantly and cost no Force.

6pc: Increases the critical healing of Dark heal by 40% and reduces the casting time of Dark infusion by .5 seconds.

Darthanimus
05.28.2019 , 04:34 PM | #17
Sages need an AOE stun, like opers, and powertechs, I suggest that force lift affects 4 targets (in pvp) within 10m for 4 seconds, great for healing when you are being pummeled, survivorbility increased by a huge amount.

P.S. drop the CD down to 30s too
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

kapitanmichal
06.06.2019 , 01:01 PM | #18
I like most of the ideas listed in this thread. Here's my suggestions

Force mend heals all targets affected by force armor. Force mend heals 50% less than its base value (in order to keep this item balanced).

Salvation damages all enemies which are in its area.

Salvation slows enemy targets remaining in its area.

Force wave increases armor of all friendly targets hit by it.

Force wave places a debuff on enemy targets which reduces their damage dealt for X time by X% .

Cloud mind reduces channeling time of your next deliverance by 0,5s.