Least fun planet stories

Hadsil

3) Voss mainly for the ridiculous traveling back and forth across the entire map. It takes several minutes doing nothing with interruptions of the fodder monsters attacking even when on a speeder. The cave is a female dog to find.

2) Light side Tattooine, again because of the very long traveling time to get to the next recording. It gets boring fast for my next character in turn doing it.

1) Dark side Balmorra. The worst. Everyone is at the factory. Everyone is at the landing site. Everyone is doing everything you're competing with each other to click the glowing quest item. If someone beats you to it the game does not reset it until about 10 minutes later, but the fodder resets earlier so you fight for nothing.

... snip...

1) Dark side Balmorra. The worst. Everyone is at the factory. Everyone is at the landing site. Everyone is doing everything you're competing with each other to click the glowing quest item. If someone beats you to it the game does not reset it until about 10 minutes later, but the fodder resets earlier so you fight for nothing.

You should try switching to the PvP instance in situations like this. They're usually empty, and you can get through without having to wait for respawns.

Despite being very interesting planets, I despise Voss and Belsavis. They make me miss Taris and Tatooine, which I'm also not a big fan of. Hoth sucks, lol. There's too much of nothing and I get very tired of the same pieces of score that plays while you're on the planet. I guess I also don't like the lonely feeling the planet gives me.

Corellia is cool but with it being the last planet in the "vanilla" storyline I get a bit tired and impatient and just can't wait for the ending.

Edit: I just realized the title says "planet stories", not just "planets". Well... I'd probably enjoy the story more on some of the planets I mentioned above if I enjoyed the planets themselves lol.

Edited by msbtbd

3) Voss mainly for the ridiculous traveling back and forth across the entire map. It takes several minutes doing nothing with interruptions of the fodder monsters attacking even when on a speeder. The cave is a female dog to find.

Use taxis and quick-travel points to mitigate the distance you travel. Admittedly, that's new in the game, added in 2015, but it's there.

I presume that by "the cave" you mean the Dark Heart. I've never ever had a problem finding it, even when I didn't know where it was.

2) Light side Tattooine, again because of the very long traveling time to get to the next recording. It gets boring fast for my next character in turn doing it.

I presume you mean "Republic" Tatooine(1). Again, these days you can mitigate distances, except on the last phase of the Czerka story, using taxis and QT points. But that phase of the Czerka story is the same on both factions.

Again, I presume you mean the Empire story, and what you're listing are *not* problems with the story. They can affect any planet where there are lots of players following the same stuff. (Try doing the heroics on Republic Taris when there are other players around, or worse yet, the Possessed Hunter heroic on Dromund Kaas.)

(1) Some of the most fascinating class story sequences occur if you play a Sith light-sided, by which I mean that you se the alignment toggle to Light and follow Light choices in story conversations. The character is still pretty nasty, but in a way that looks out for his own honour and the interests of the Empire.

Top 5 least fun for me, for both story and planet arc:

Just wrong:

1. Oricon - Can't complete what should be an entirely solo story arc without completing an op

Tedious

2. Makeb - unnecessary grind, including story, dailies, and heroics

Meh

3. Hoth - Pleasant enough landscape and planet layout, nice to just run around in if you don't have much else do do, but grindy without much excitement, and you'll burn through xp tokens getting from point A to B with scant to do in-between

4. Darvanis -- a non-planet. I just do it and leave, nothing amazing there for me to want to hang around

And in the I Just Don't Bother category:

5. Dantooine - Everyone's crowded onto too-small of a map, stumbling over each other for the same mobs

Planets/areas I especially dislike:

• Tython
  • Taris
  • Iokath - I vote for this planet to replace Alderaan as the planet blown up by the Death Star :mad:
  • Nar Shadaa - it's just awful everywhere and the entry zone music is depressing; I have to turn it off.
  • Mek'Sha - it's Nar Shadaa level annoying for me
  • Onderon - too much foliage & stuff everywhere making it hard to see where you're going or need to go (very much like Copero which is also awful), so I hardly ever go back to do the dailies

Stories I disliked the most: Ossus closely followed by Iokath & Ziost (pre-daily area Ziost). Special mention for Oricon as for the conclusion being locked behind an op.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Corellia. At least during the first run, I can't even express how much I despise the map there. How many times you end up going the wrong way towards a map point, only to discover you need to backtrack and go through an alternate tunnel somewhere else to loop around. So frustrating.

Voss I also hate because of the immense distances and few/poorly placed quick travel points.

Taris has gotten a lot better now that you don't aggro rakghouls every five seconds anymore. However, I think the Taris story arc is generally one of my least favorites.

Quesh I dislike as well, being that's it's a combination of Voss's distances and Taris's poor story.

The biggest Taris hate for me Republic side was the constant "Welcome to Taris, I'm governor Saresh..." every time you set foot on Taris, however I noticed yesterday that this crap seems to have been nuked from orbit. If removing her constant voice over is a bug, it's one bug I don't want fixed!! :p

You do realise that long transits make subs stay longer? The original game was a sub-only model. dozens of 5 minute journeys multiplied by 10s of 1000s of people is cynical way of padding the game so you stayed paying for longer.

-Same as taxi drivers who have a meter going taking a route that has a few more traffic lights between you and your destination.

Same as orbital stations, go-there-and-come-back quests, return to your ship to get your next orders sequecnces. - All those minute add up.

Iokath is the worst in every way for me.

Travelling is annoying because the map is unclear, all the teleports and all the mobs. The story is very bad. Out of character for a lot of the characters and Rep and Imp become generic stereotypes. Quests are awful and when there are multiple people you have to wait for a long time. The mobs are boring droids. The atmosphere is just bad and uninteresting. It is not just the environment that is artificial, it is everything.

Edited by Gokkus

The biggest Taris hate for me Republic side was the constant "Welcome to Taris, I'm governor Saresh..." every time you set foot on Taris, however I noticed yesterday that this crap seems to have been nuked from orbit. If removing her constant voice over is a bug, it's one bug I don't want fixed!! :p

Same thing for me. Listening to Saresh drives me insane.

I don't want that bug fixed, either.

Edited by Phoenix_Bird

Original content from release:

Taris - A wasteland filled with rakghouls is visually unappealing, and from a story perspective the Republic effort to colonize it just doesn't make sense. Most of the quests on both sides other than class story content are rather dull. It was only included for KOTOR nostalgia but IMO there were other worlds from KOTOR that would have been a better fit. (Kashyyk, Manaan)

Hoth - The long treks through a white and nearly featureless wasteland get monotonous very quickly, and the story about Imps & Reps squabbling with each other and the White Maw over trash heaps isn't interesting. Like Taris it was only included for nostalgia, but there were other planets from the films that would have been more visually appealing. (Felucia, Bespin)

Post release content:

Makeb: The planet story was interesting (more so Imp side) but it was marred by being very, very grindy...particularly at release. Lots of mob packs placed in paths that couldn't be avoided, and at the time they'd knock you off your speeder if you attempted to fly past. I imagine the experience isn't that bad for newer players that are just going through Makeb now, but when Rise of the Hutt Cartel released it felt excessively grindy and padded with time wasters, and overall a disappointing expansion. It was also the first planet that didn't have class story content.

Iokath: The pathing here is atrocious and the planet story feels like something from another Sci Fi story that was grafted on to Star Wars. There is a reason why most players ignore Iokath dailies.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

There's something about Saresh that makes my teeth ache, and the way she acts of Taris pretty much removes any doubt about Karma. My personal list:

Hoth - Too white, though I find the size tolerable. It's really annoying to try and find a "blue and white" quest objective on Hoth's normal "white and blue" background.

Corellia (or as I sometimes call it "Corhellia") - The biggest irritant has to do with mob placement, and how the faction zones are laid out. It's too easy to be rolling along and hit a wall of unexpected opposition. Saying nothing about the map size if you're not using speeder 5 movement.

Makeb - Every rock is an island, I did all the zones for the achievement. That and how the heroics really aren't doable solo.

Anything after Yavin 4 - /thread