Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
01.30.2013 , 08:04 PM | #951
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
That would just be such a non-surprise.

Honestly, the biggest W.T.F. moment at this point would be if we got some kind of net improvement. A major buff would probably blow my mind.
how hilarious would it be if they just went and made TM/GR and PS/CB instant? least amount of work for the largest buff.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Jherad
01.30.2013 , 08:23 PM | #952
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
how hilarious would it be if they just went and made TM/GR and PS/CB instant? least amount of work for the largest buff.
Yeah seriously. I'd be personally hunting down some smash monkeys and PTs with a big score to settle. A huge cheesey grin on my face
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

DariusCalera
01.30.2013 , 08:41 PM | #953
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah seriously. I'd be personally hunting down some smash monkeys and PTs with a big score to settle. A huge cheesey grin on my face
I think we all would be.

Lalainnia
01.30.2013 , 09:07 PM | #954
I would like a double handed flamethrower that did 20% more damage slows its target and had a 30m range :3
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Kajuana
01.30.2013 , 09:29 PM | #955
I always wondered... why don't we have a range slow / root (e.g. leg-shot) ability?
The only problem I see, is that we cannot kite due to the lack of a slow ability.

If I could slow someone from 15m range then when they reach me I can knock them back.
They then have the choice to disengage or use their cooldowns to reach me again.
This would give me a small window to do a little more damage than before.
Simple to implement, not overpowering, and fits the Star Wars theme.
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

Amebia
01.30.2013 , 09:52 PM | #956
Bump

Kal'ray POT5
Level 50 gunnery commando

DariusCalera
01.30.2013 , 09:57 PM | #957
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajuana View Post
I always wondered... why don't we have a range slow / root (e.g. leg-shot) ability?
The only problem I see, is that we cannot kite due to the lack of a slow ability.

If I could slow someone from 15m range then when they reach me I can knock them back.
They then have the choice to disengage or use their cooldowns to reach me again.
This would give me a small window to do a little more damage than before.
Simple to implement, not overpowering, and fits the Star Wars theme.
We actually do have one, it's called Cover Fire and it's in the Gunnery Tree. Assault has one as well that is linked to Sweltering Heat.

For the Gunnery one, it is almost useless since most melee types have a way to instantly close the gap between you and them. Using it also causes you to stand still and actually channel your Full Auto and that kind of defeats the purpose of trying to kite.

For Assault, the commando has no reliable way to apply its effects, unlike their Vanguard cousin.

Kajuana
01.30.2013 , 10:22 PM | #958
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
We actually do have one, it's called Cover Fire and it's in the Gunnery Tree. Assault has one as well that is linked to Sweltering Heat.
Exactly! i.e. We don't have slow abilities for kiting.
Fire is linked to Full Auto, which means you are not kiting....
Sweltering heat is so unreliable its impossible to kite anything.

My Scoundrel has something called "Tendon Blast", which applies 50% speed reduction for 12s.
http://www.torhead.com/ability/hr9h3Qg/tendon-blast

Albeit it's only 10m range, but why shouldn't Commandos have this at least?

Slingers have cover to prevent leaps and interrupts.
Shouldn't we at least have a slow so we could kite and fight?
Sure they can spend their leap, in that case we have concussion blow to push them back once at least.
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

Anishor
01.30.2013 , 10:25 PM | #959
I still say give the Commandos a high level passive skill that allows movement while channeling damaging skills.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

klham
01.31.2013 , 12:26 AM | #960
Until they fix it, let all merc/commandos bring their healing companion into WZs to ease the misery.