Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

StarWars.com Tweets out Onslaught release trailer. Folks, this is a soft relaunch!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
StarWars.com Tweets out Onslaught release trailer. Folks, this is a soft relaunch!

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
10.18.2019 , 05:34 PM | #31
I think there actually is some reason to be optimistic here.

Charles' post saying that a future State of the Galaxy article would be difficult due to all the branching suggests there is more than just 2 (maybe not 6 mind you).

Personally, I'm quite looking forward to it (I don't give a hoot about gear)

As always, wait and see.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
10.18.2019 , 06:05 PM | #32
I'm not so sure I'd go so far as calling it a soft relaunch. Not even close. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or to be a downer, I just don't share quite the same enthusiasm as you do, Zion. I hope you're right, but I felt excitement only to be let down too many times. I've learned to temper my expectations.

The only time my excitement was justified where I was truly stoked by the outcome was Shadow of Revan. That was the best one in my opinion.

It's hard to tell from a 28-second clip if anything meaningful will happen, or if choices will really mean anything, and as always my concern is, 'are evil people going to be punished (seeing as I play evil people) by being robbed of romance options' and such. I think evil characters deserve some love too.

All this said, if it does surpass expectations and turns out to be great fun, I'll be among the first to say so. Until then, colour me cautious.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

SaerethDL's Avatar


SaerethDL
10.18.2019 , 06:06 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonicphoto View Post
Charles himself said it on twitter.
oh wow cool just noticed that! thanks.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

SaerethDL's Avatar


SaerethDL
10.18.2019 , 06:07 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I'm not so sure I'd go so far as calling it a soft relaunch. Not even close. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or to be a downer, I just don't share quite the same enthusiasm as you do, Zion. I hope you're right, but I felt excitement only to be let down too many times. I've learned to temper my expectations.

The only time my excitement was justified where I was truly stoked by the outcome was Shadow of Revan. That was the best one in my opinion.

It's hard to tell from a 28-second clip if anything meaningful will happen, or if choices will really mean anything, and as always my concern is, 'are evil people going to be punished (seeing as I play evil people) by being robbed of romance options' and such. I think evil characters deserve some love too.

All this said, if it does surpass expectations and turns out to be great fun, I'll be among the first to say so. Until then, colour me cautious.
welcome back luna, i havent seen you in a long long time.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
10.18.2019 , 06:10 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
welcome back luna, i havent seen you in a long long time.
Thanks, Saereth! Nice to be back. It's good to see you as well.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
10.18.2019 , 07:31 PM | #36
People can play semantic games all they want about how they define 6.0. For me it is straightforward: They are releasing new content.

As for the debate about trailers, I think (although I'm sure it has been done) there are several Ph.D dissertations to be written about how social media is supplanting traditional forms of advertising. If 6.0 is good, word of mouth (or tweet) will spread.

Consider the fact that the link Zion posted already has close to 100,000 views and 4,100 likes on Twitter.

Regardless, I look forward to turning out the lights, locking myself in my man cave, making a Chopin Vodka martini (or two), and playing the new content. I'll worry about the gearing nonsense after I complete the story on each faction.

Dasty

XxHazenxX's Avatar


XxHazenxX
10.18.2019 , 11:22 PM | #37
Soft relaunch? 6.0 is barely an "expansion" compared to other MMOs like ESO and FFXIV.
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

OdinJediCovenant's Avatar


OdinJediCovenant
10.19.2019 , 01:47 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by XxHazenxX View Post
Soft relaunch? 6.0 is barely an "expansion" compared to other MMOs like ESO and FFXIV.
Games like ESO and FF14 have about 3 times the size companies backing them, and don't say EA is backing swtor cause it's mainly bioware that does anything swtor related because swtor doesn't come under the Disney/EA swtor license

XxHazenxX's Avatar


XxHazenxX
10.19.2019 , 03:50 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by OdinJediCovenant View Post
Games like ESO and FF14 have about 3 times the size companies backing them, and don't say EA is backing swtor cause it's mainly bioware that does anything swtor related because swtor doesn't come under the Disney/EA swtor license
You do realize everything you just said is extremely inaccurate right?
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
10.19.2019 , 03:58 AM | #40
30 seconds trailer.
I do not want to say that's low, but ....

Kotet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhYelxQmOY

Kotfe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6