Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

StarWars.com Tweets out Onslaught release trailer. Folks, this is a soft relaunch!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
StarWars.com Tweets out Onslaught release trailer. Folks, this is a soft relaunch!

commanderwar
10.18.2019 , 04:19 PM | #21
I am excited for 6.0, looking forward to the story. With all the changes they made to gearing, I am excited for it as well, might actually do HM flashpoint again. Hopefully I will like the changes at launch, from I seen in phase 3, looks good, will have to wait till launch to give my final opinion. However from what I seen it's much better then GC Might be just me but CXP from bosses is boring.
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 04:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post

Personally, I've been trying to keep my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised. I'm just not seeing it. Granted i'm glad to see new content and will gladly play what I can, but i just don't see this as the soft relaunch that you do. Like I said, I hope i'm pleasantly surprised...
When it comes to this game and Bioware, that’s usually the best approach. And even in the past when my expectations have been low, Bioware have still found away to disappoint.

I’m going into this one with my eyes fully opened (after pts testing). Most of the new systems tested on the pts are appalling and if the Story is “meh” or not enough, I think those new gearing systems and other change are going to kill the game really fast.

I think they’re taking a massive gamble with the game using an extremely heavy RNG system through out the whole eco system of the game. And let’s not forget the amount of credit sinks that they’ve added, which I think will back fire in their face when people start buying credits from 3rd party sites to compensate with the huge credit costs and grind.

The only thing I didn’t test on the pts was the new daily areas and op. And of course the story part wasn’t on the pts to test.
For me, everything is hanging on the story now because everything else is set to drive me away. Which is really disappointing because I’ve loved this game and been subbed for 8 years (except for 3 weeks).

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 04:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Not sure how you thought I gauged all that from a 20 second trailer - I guess you didn't bother to actually read the post?
Actually I did and I also read Charles post. I still dont know where you are getting 6 story lines from or why it’s a soft reboot. I read nothing about 6 stories and I think you’re reading into what he said a little too much.
I mean I guess you can call the radical gearing a reboot or taking the game back to its roots a reboot. But I personally don’t see it that way and nothing you posted leads me to think it is.

Drew_Braxton
10.18.2019 , 04:31 PM | #24
I'm actually pretty negative about this 6.0 update based on my time on the PTS.

Any new players starting the game on Tuesday will experience a much different experience than we did. An experience that adds unnecessary complication to gear. A confusing mess if you ask me. If they do stick around until max level they will feel the full brunt of massive and unnecessary gear variants, gambling system to get any desired gear, hundreds of levels of renown to work on that looks to be a repeat of the worthless disintecrates from GC. Based on the issues seen about a week ago 6.0 will be a buggy mess the first month or more. Probably a year or more for them to rebalance classes based on all these gear and perk variants.

One only needs to inspect my account to see how invested I am in the game. I am definitely not a hater.

Sadly, Bioware is starting to look like that alcoholic friend who continually reassures you they want to improve and will listen to you and then hop back into your favorite car and drive it right into a tree.

Apparently. I've been using a different dictionary for the definition of listen. For this update, like updates in the past, all they have taken are suggestions to tweak their intended plan. That is NOT listening.

FFS, this is a game that people WANT to log into to have fun, meet some friends, encounter challenges or whatever activity they want to do in their free time. You hook customers when they have fun and want to log in, not by turning it into a confusing job.

For years the requests have been pretty simple from players. Add more to do (over and over), more story, more group/solo content, more strongholds, to have all the bugs fixed, more pvp options. What do we get? We get told they are listening and then do something that no one asked for. What kind of business model does bioware use? Over and over again. It really is tragic. Loving a game in spite of all the efforts of the developer is frustrating. Seriously, the game business must be way different than the real world. I would have switched suppliers if anyone did this to my business.

If I have any hope left it will be that reason returns to the galaxy and the developers for 7.0.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
A 30 Second trailer from piecemeal in game footage, and stock voice overs from 4+ years ago.

And you see a soft relaunch?

Hope springs eternal... etc.

Meanwhile, back in reality...

They couldn't afford a real trailer, so we got this.
They couldn't afford real content, so we got a Koreaneaque gear-grind just to get back to where we were before Keith's two-year stint a Lead-Nerfer happened.

Yeah, I couldn't be less hyped if I tried.

All The Best
Braaxton (pub) / Noomo (Imp)
Enjin

Tashia
10.18.2019 , 04:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Not sure how you thought I gauged all that from a 20 second trailer - I guess you didn't bother to actually read the post?

I read the post -- watched the "trailer" ..
but I can't get as optimistic as some -- perhaps I am too much of a pessimist ?
I will have to wait and see -- I just do not see it as a "soft relaunch" -- but I can be wrong ... I wish the game only the best ... and I would love to love it again since I am the only one of my original SWtOR friends still logging on and playing ( all have gone back to EQ2 to raid or quit playing MMOs altogether )
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

SaerethDL
10.18.2019 , 04:41 PM | #26
people are saying a full trailer is coming soon, that it was just a teaser
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

Tashia
10.18.2019 , 04:53 PM | #27
well if it is ... they certainly waited long enough ... I've been "haunting" YouTube --
if any come, I will see it
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

ReverendAnderson
10.18.2019 , 05:02 PM | #28
Man, if Onslaught were a soft relaunch, there'd have been way more re-design, there'd be a console port, there'd be CG trailers, and StarWars.com wouldn't be saying it was the FIFTH expansion to this existing game, because that doesn't sound inviting to new players.

I too would love a relaunch of a new and improved SWTOR, but that stuff doesn't happen to aging games with small development teams and a publisher that's largely just interested in big new AAA games, and it certainly doesn't get kept under wraps until just DAYS before it would launch.
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

MikeCobalt
10.18.2019 , 05:07 PM | #29
I Actually do Want to be excited for this. A new story, no more "Zakuul", Mek-Sha and Onderon, Companions back on our ships so Maybe they're getting some attention, Malgus is Back again at this it does seem Promising. This Gearing issue, it seems like a slog really and the people most interested in this New Story are the ones (Typically) least likely to Grind away their afternoons for 1/19th better gear through RNG vendors to get RNG gear. This does look interesting yes, however the RNG also seems troubling.
Based on what I've seen in SWTOR so far I'll have Hope but that's all I can *Risk.

Sonicphoto
10.18.2019 , 05:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
people are saying a full trailer is coming soon, that it was just a teaser
Charles himself said it on twitter.