Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcery Inquisitor Alignment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sorcery Inquisitor Alignment

ApollosNight
10.18.2019 , 07:37 AM | #1
So I'm looking for some ideas/justification for my new main's LS or DS alignment. My driving force is that my Sorcerer is going to go his own way and not let the Sith tell him what to do: the essence of the Sith Code is freedom, and he's going to embrace that. He's also going to work for a better and more efficient Empire that doesn't massacre its own people and resources. He's able to do this since he had a half-brother (my Warrior) who treated him with compassion, even though he was still a slave. This kept him from becoming jaded.

I can see a LS and DS both being justified here. I don't like the overall goody-two shoes of a pure LS, but I also don't like how you are treated as a comical villain if you go DS. Any advice?

Phazonfreak
10.18.2019 , 08:00 AM | #2
You could juggle between light and dark and stay neutral, depending on the decision at hand. As a Sith Inquisitor you will have the added lore benefit of getting the unique Darth Occlus title after you have completed your class story. Too bad though that all the 3 alignment titles only come up a few times after that. Here's hoping for more mentions in the 6.0 story.

ApollosNight
10.18.2019 , 08:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
You could juggle between light and dark and stay neutral, depending on the decision at hand. As a Sith Inquisitor you will have the added lore benefit of getting the unique Darth Occlus title after you have completed your class story. Too bad though that all the 3 alignment titles only come up a few times after that. Here's hoping for more mentions in the 6.0 story.
I thought about staying neutral, but the problem is that I have to juggle the alignment toggle at the bottom and that's just annoying.

Nightblazer
10.18.2019 , 10:30 AM | #4
If you are a Sith, go Dark Side of your doing it wrong

Honestly myself with a few exceptions, I always pick Dark Side choices. I will pick neutral or even Light Side if I feel story wise, makes the person I'm sparing from death useful or the goal is to piss off my superior
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Thrandaylen
10.18.2019 , 04:32 PM | #5
My Miraluka Sith Inquisitor is of neutral alignement and was named Darth Occlus. I think that it fits quite well. ^^
Swtor Referal link for free goodies in the game ^^

MikeCobalt
10.18.2019 , 05:20 PM | #6
You don't have to go all "Charles Manson" on everybody with the Inquisitor to fit right in with all the Popular Sith/Imperial characters in the Movies, Books, Games or TV shows. My S.I. certainly left enough Alive to later have a substantial power base and she's DS4-DS5 (depends on the day and mission). It seems to me, if an Inquisitor kills Everybody they encounter, who's left alive to do your work or carry on in your name? Remember Vader knew when a firm deal and leaving certain officers alive (to lead in a competent manner) lead to a better outcome *And, their co efforts then simply killing ALL of the ones he met to have nothing in the end. Play the way you like, these stories are robust enough to make any decision turn out good.

Darth_Vainous
10.18.2019 , 07:52 PM | #7
I play mine as if he hates everyone because they treat him like dirt so he pays them back in kind. Also the strong destroy the weak so I am out to show how strong I am to all the doubters.

But if you want a more lore type you could go Twi'lek and go Dark Side vs Sith because of the disrespect they show you and Light Side for any slaves and people in trouble because you yourself were one and understand them.

I actually play my Agent with the idea that the Empire comes first before the Sith and their revenge and wars. He manipulates people to get his way and tries not to kill because people are a resource and only can produce if still alive.