Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 01:45 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Not when I have augmented my combat gear and now everytime I upgrade to a new set bonus I have to redo that again so the designer does nothing for the economic impacts for that since according to Eric's post they are removing the set bonus from the armor/modification and putting it on the shells now which means everytime you upgrade to a new tier/set bonus you have to redo the augmentations.
I know this isn’t what you will want to hear (because I didn’t want to either). But these are ways it will ultimately work as you gear from lvl 70-74 is this.
1. You can choose to still use your set bonus lvl 70 Armor shells (if you have them) and apply new augment kits. But if you want to do this, you will be running an iRating (total gear item rating) lower than the possible gear you can pick up if you are using the old internals which max out at 258.
2. You can forget about using augments on your you set bonus gear and just use the “best/highest” iRated gear you pick up for each slot. This will allow you to keep pushing your total iRating up and have a better chance of getting the next tier of gear. (This will be the best option for gearing up the fastest).
3. You can of course do it the absolute hardest and most expansive way (in terms of tech fragments) and buy armoring, mods and enhancements from the RNG vendor and keep adding those to your old set bonus Armor as you lvl up. This would allow you to keep using your set bonus Armor and augments. But it will be the worst possible way to do it.
4. You can wait until you get the new set bonus gear and add augments to it. But remember, the new gear from the direct sale vendors (not the RNG ones) have no internal mods etc. it’s at this point that you switch to buying mods from the RNG vendor and set bonus gear. (Some will drop in game, but don’t rely on it)

You might be asking what’s the point in keeping the old set bonus gear if I won’t use it as I lvl between 70-74 (because it won’t work at lvl 75).
1. You can still use it if you want it for pvp.
2. You can still use it for lower lvl content that you might want the current set bonus for
3. You might be hoping Bioware decide to allow the old set bonuses to work at lvl 75 (this is the reason I want to keep my older set bonus gear)

Honestly, as I write this out, I’ve come to realise that most people will be better off if they just forget about the old gear (unless you are hoping they will allow it to work at lvl 75).

As for augments. You basically won’t or don’t need them till you get to lvl 75. You won’t be able to min max the new stuff properly as you lvl because there is something like 12-18 different versions of every item piece.
That includes ear, implants, relics, weapons, ALL non set bonus Armor, mods, armoring, enhancements, hilts and barrels.
The gear also goes from an iRating of 268 to 306 with intervals of 2. ie 268, 270, 272, all the way to 306
Which means you won’t be worrying about Augments until you get 306 gear. Then you can choose to augment the non set bonus gear or not. Augmenting gear below 306 will be a complete waste of credits augments kits because you be swapping it out every ilvl.

I will be augmenting my non set bonus 306 gear to swap to my Alts while I try to get them set bonus gear.

At the end of the day, it’s not the augment situation thats going to kill your fun. It’s the RNGness and number of ilvl gear grind you will need to do just to get to 306 and start worrying about trying to min maxing again with more RNGness to fill in your set bonus gear.

Edit : something people might also not realise is gear colour (green, blue etc) is now based on the gear ilvl. So the first bracket from 268 to 278 is all green, 280 to 288 is all blue, 290 to 298 is all purple and 300 to 306 is gold.

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 01:56 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Just the idea of having to constantly re-augment shell's is going to be annoying. The change was literally just to create a credit sink.
Please don’t do that. It’s not need and will be a complete waste of credits and your time. But if you do it, then yes, it will be one massive credit sink.

I think the problem here is people don’t understand how the iRating and gearing works.

As an example, if you have all 280 gear on, you will have an iRating of 280. Now with the new gearing system, you won’t ever pick up 300 iRated gear while you have an iRating of 280.
The iRating of the gear that drops from content or the RNG vendor is dependent on your total iRating of gear. Which means you will always want to use the highest iRated item even if its secondary stats are not balanced properly (compared to what you have on). That is the only way you will steadily climb the iRating ladder to 306 gear.

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 01:59 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Maybe he means this is what we'll get up to 70 and whatever 6.0 gives will drop 70-75?

Or maybe I'm hallucinating and being overly optimistic. I thought I was over thay problem.
On the pts the boxes still dropped till lvl 74 and then gear dropped at lvl 75

dipstik
10.18.2019 , 02:37 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I know this isn’t what you will want to hear (because I didn’t want to either). But these are ways it will ultimately work as you gear from lvl 70-74 is this.
1. You can choose to still use your set bonus lvl 70 Armor shells (if you have them) and apply new augment kits. But if you want to do this, you will be running an iRating (total gear item rating) lower than the possible gear you can pick up if you are using the old internals which max out at 258.
2. You can forget about using augments on your you set bonus gear and just use the “best/highest” iRated gear you pick up for each slot. This will allow you to keep pushing your total iRating up and have a better chance of getting the next tier of gear. (This will be the best option for gearing up the fastest).
3. You can of course do it the absolute hardest and most expansive way (in terms of tech fragments) and buy armoring, mods and enhancements from the RNG vendor and keep adding those to your old set bonus Armor as you lvl up. This would allow you to keep using your set bonus Armor and augments. But it will be the worst possible way to do it.
4. You can wait until you get the new set bonus gear and add augments to it. But remember, the new gear from the direct sale vendors (not the RNG ones) have no internal mods etc. it’s at this point that you switch to buying mods from the RNG vendor and set bonus gear. (Some will drop in game, but don’t rely on it)

You might be asking what’s the point in keeping the old set bonus gear if I won’t use it as I lvl between 70-74 (because it won’t work at lvl 75).
1. You can still use it if you want it for pvp.
2. You can still use it for lower lvl content that you might want the current set bonus for
3. You might be hoping Bioware decide to allow the old set bonuses to work at lvl 75 (this is the reason I want to keep my older set bonus gear)

Honestly, as I write this out, I’ve come to realise that most people will be better off if they just forget about the old gear (unless you are hoping they will allow it to work at lvl 75).

As for augments. You basically won’t or don’t need them till you get to lvl 75. You won’t be able to min max the new stuff properly as you lvl because there is something like 12-18 different versions of every item piece.
That includes ear, implants, relics, weapons, ALL non set bonus Armor, mods, armoring, enhancements, hilts and barrels.
The gear also goes from an iRating of 268 to 306 with intervals of 2. ie 268, 270, 272, all the way to 306
Which means you won’t be worrying about Augments until you get 306 gear. Then you can choose to augment the non set bonus gear or not. Augmenting gear below 306 will be a complete waste of credits augments kits because you be swapping it out every ilvl.

I will be augmenting my non set bonus 306 gear to swap to my Alts while I try to get them set bonus gear.

At the end of the day, it’s not the augment situation thats going to kill your fun. It’s the RNGness and number of ilvl gear grind you will need to do just to get to 306 and start worrying about trying to min maxing again with more RNGness to fill in your set bonus gear.

Edit : something people might also not realise is gear colour (green, blue etc) is now based on the gear ilvl. So the first bracket from 268 to 278 is all green, 280 to 288 is all blue, 290 to 298 is all purple and 300 to 306 is gold.
or unsub

Nee-Elder
10.18.2019 , 03:59 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

Alliance Crates are unchanged in Onslaught. You will still get them from Heroics and can turned them in as you did previously.

-eric
Cool thanks but.... What about the CONQUEST situation?

Please re-consider, since we (the forum minority) was notified in some dude's random thread 2 days after Conquest had already started AND in-game it gives absolutely zero notification for the rest of the playerbase who still thinks Conquest points requirement are as currently shown on the 'invasions' ui
Never tell me the odds!

ludoviccb
10.18.2019 , 04:11 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Kass View Post
No thank you... just raise the GC Point Cap.
It's a great thing for the players that want to get gear. If they didn't do that, I would have had to use a token to 70 on a new toon to get it to raiding again since a toon at 300 would gear up a lot slower than one at 1.
Officer of Hob-Bit on the server The Shadowlands

This is a referal link and this is what you get from clicking it.

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 04:28 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
or unsub
Well yeah, that’s another option on the table, I would love be a fly on the wall when Bioware is looking at their subscriber data a month after 6.0 launches.

TrixxieTriss
10.18.2019 , 04:32 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by ludoviccb View Post
It's a great thing for the players that want to get gear. If they didn't do that, I would have had to use a token to 70 on a new toon to get it to raiding again since a toon at 300 would gear up a lot slower than one at 1.
The new renouned system or “galactic command” will hardly matter to gearing even if they kept it as it was and add new lvls,
You will get a crap load of drops from playing content that will make you gear faster before you can even craft the most basic Armor (R.I.P. crafting).
GC or renound won’t impact anything and they could have removed it entirely with no impact to the game play being released on 6.0. I think the reason they didn’t was because of the outrage players would have had.

OlBuzzard
10.18.2019 , 05:09 PM | #139
You've no doubt heard it reported that " IF it aint broke … don't fix it !!" And many would agree !

But for some odd reason there is an unusually odd somewhat twisted counter point to that:
" If it aint broke … then someone spent WAAAAYYYY to much money on the entire project !!!"

IMO … it only stands to reason that … if we look at both side of this entire matter ob ...ject iv... ly

Sorry !! Hang on !! (again)

**** sigh ****

This …[/ tap-tap]
Silly ball … [/tap-tap-tap]
Seems …. [/tap-tap-tap]
To have .... .[/tap-tap-tap-tap]
STOPED WORKING [/ tap-tap-tap-tap]
AGAIN !! …..

I'll have to get back with you later … (again)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/1b...95e4fc0d59.jpg
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

crimsoncheeto
10.18.2019 , 08:20 PM | #140
The current conquest goal should be what it is currently showing in game. It's completely unfair to expect guilds to reach nearly 4x more points than normal with the current conquest, especially since we weren't even told this was the case until 2 days after we already picked a planet. I'm also willing to bet most guilds still don't know this is the case and are working their butts off trying to reach their conquest goal. Imagine the frustration awaiting them when they realize the goal was a lie (just like the cake!).