Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please do something about spammers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please do something about spammers.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
10.16.2019 , 05:24 PM | #11
While I am not a fan of spammers are we sure that 100% of the spammers are F2P? I would hate to be the one that claims all F2P players spam and no sub is a spammer and then find out we took actions against F2P and it didn't stop the spamming.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

SaerethDL's Avatar


SaerethDL
10.16.2019 , 05:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
While I am not a fan of spammers are we sure that 100% of the spammers are F2P? I would hate to be the one that claims all F2P players spam and no sub is a spammer and then find out we took actions against F2P and it didn't stop the spamming.
its not 100% solid, its just a deterrent.. meaning if you want to spam you have to pay actual money, and then your account will be banned and you will have to pay money again if you want to spam again.. so bioware will keep making more money or the spammer will stop spamming and giving bioware free money.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
10.16.2019 , 06:13 PM | #13
Yeah, let's ban all F2P from chat because that's totally going to do absolutely nothing to the level 1 gold spammers on starter worlds who are spamming chat that F2P can't use because they can't use chat until level 25. Hint:

Spoiler

But why let silly facts deter you from bashing F2P players for no reason and suggesting illogical and completely unnecessary restrictions that will do absolutely nothing to resolve the gold spammer problem as you claim they will?

SMDH
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SaerethDL's Avatar


SaerethDL
10.17.2019 , 01:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Yeah, let's ban all F2P from chat because that's totally going to do absolutely nothing to the level 1 gold spammers on starter worlds who are spamming chat that F2P can't use because they can't use chat until level 25. Hint:

Spoiler

But why let silly facts deter you from bashing F2P players for no reason and suggesting illogical and completely unnecessary restrictions that will do absolutely nothing to resolve the gold spammer problem as you claim they will?

SMDH
the gold sellers arent f2p? Or we can use our heads.... they get to lvl 25 in less than hour.. they would know the quickest way possible to be more efficient at making money. I highly doubt they are buying new accounts and subs everytime they get banned.. that would mean less money.. so yes I'm 99% sure most of the spammers are f2p or preferred throw away accounts.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.17.2019 , 01:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
I highly doubt they are buying new accounts and subs everytime they get banned.. that would mean less money..
Nah, it would just mean they have to use a few more stolen or faked credit card numbers.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

jstankaroslo's Avatar


jstankaroslo
10.17.2019 , 01:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
Actually the Simplest solution is to ban F2P from General Chat. F2P can have their own chat that they can spam to their little hearts content and leave everybody else alone... That would stop all Spammers dead in their tracks.

That way Subs could leave F2P chat if they want to just like you can leave any of the other chat channels now.
And people complain there's not enough players to group in game. How are you gonna group with f2p if you can't talk with them? How are you gonna introduce f2p to the game so that they like it so much to actually buy a sub?
I sense some nasty scorn towards f2p. Is it another one of: us paying elite vs filthy poor mob?

The easiest solution would be extend ignore list, and ban in game mails from non friend players.

SaerethDL's Avatar


SaerethDL
10.17.2019 , 02:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jstankaroslo View Post
And people complain there's not enough players to group in game. How are you gonna group with f2p if you can't talk with them? How are you gonna introduce f2p to the game so that they like it so much to actually buy a sub?
I sense some nasty scorn towards f2p. Is it another one of: us paying elite vs filthy poor mob?

The easiest solution would be extend ignore list, and ban in game mails from non friend players.
just general chat blocked, party chat, guild chat, PMs will work just fine.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
10.17.2019 , 02:30 AM | #18
Last time i checked on my sister's account who is F2P, you can't trade or sent items via PMs as F2P (you can receive though), so i think the spammers are at least prefered, so restricting even more the F2P model would probably not solve the problem
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.17.2019 , 03:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Last time i checked on my sister's account who is F2P, you can't trade or sent items via PMs as F2P (you can receive though), so i think the spammers are at least prefered, so restricting even more the F2P model would probably not solve the problem
The gold-distributor accounts are forced to be subscribers because Preferred cannot sent credits by mail, and can, in fact, only send one item per mail. That said, I don't know off the top of my head whether referral-click sub time can be used to send credits / hold credits beyond the escrow limit / donate credits in a guild bank. (It might be as simple as having a new distributor bot click a master account's referral link and then have the distributor / chat bot do its thing for seven days.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
10.17.2019 , 04:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The gold-distributor accounts are forced to be subscribers because Preferred cannot sent credits by mail, and can, in fact, only send one item per mail. That said, I don't know off the top of my head whether referral-click sub time can be used to send credits / hold credits beyond the escrow limit / donate credits in a guild bank. (It might be as simple as having a new distributor bot click a master account's referral link and then have the distributor / chat bot do its thing for seven days.)
F2P referral link users don't get the sub time. You have to be at least preferred in order to get the sub time.


Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
the gold sellers arent f2p? Or we can use our heads....
How about you use your head and start checking the level of some of the spammers. They are not level 25. They are level 1 on the starter worlds. F2P do not get sub time for using a referral link. F2P can not use chat (even group, whisper, or guild chat) at level 1. F2P can not send credits by mail. So how are the gold spammers F2P? You don't even know the limits on F2P accounts and yet you're willing to apply a needlessly punitive and completely ineffective restriction to them because you're absolutely certain the spammers are F2P when the current limits on F2P accounts make it impossible for them to be spammers.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj