Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concessions you are willing to make to get more playable races?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concessions you are willing to make to get more playable races?

Darev
10.14.2019 , 05:30 PM | #11
I'd honestly rather have another class for each faction.

or even a hutt faction story intertwined with the existing first three chapters.

Another player species using the same stories/classes just doesn't interest me all that much.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

OlBuzzard
10.14.2019 , 05:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post

or even a hutt faction story intertwined with the existing first three chapters.

Another player species using the same stories/classes just doesn't interest me all that much.
NAILED IT !! ..

I'd rather have another class as well.

EDIT: let me see now … it took a while to dig it up! AH HA ! Found it !! (yes it is another shameless plug for something I have suggested !)
http://http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179&highlight=black+ops

As for some of the concessions:
1. Romance is pretty much dead any ways in SWTOR... so just finish that and be done with it !
2. Hmmm frankly there are so many areas that are hurting for a little TLC … that's it's kind of hard to place anything else on the chopping block !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

TrixxieTriss
10.14.2019 , 05:45 PM | #13
Zero concessions.

I don’t understand why that’s even something player’s would consider doing. If Bioware want to add another race, that’s cool, but nothing should be taken from the game and it shouldn’t be a question on wether you get less content vs a new race.

I could see them adding a new class and less content while they implement that, but I don’t know how many people would prefer less content vs a new class or even if that would be the best way to do it.

In other MMOs (I’ll use WoW as an example), they’ve actually added story and other content to explain the addition of new races or classes. If Bioware intended to add another class, that is what I would hope for,

TrixxieTriss
10.14.2019 , 05:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post

Exactly this ^^

ceryxp
10.14.2019 , 08:10 PM | #15
The concession I'd make is having a complete species if it meant more appearance options. So, instead of releasing a complete Zelton species they release a Zeltron appearance pack that would have skin colour options, hair styles, heads, eyes, etc. appropriate for a Zeltron. Same thing for Echani and a few of the other near human species; e.g., Arkanian Offshoot heads with the ears and Kiffar heads with tatoos. While the character would technically still be human it would offer a little more variety in our appearance and be great for RP.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

phalczen
10.14.2019 , 08:44 PM | #16
I would not make any concessions like those listed because it’s clear they can add species to the game without compromising their ability to go through the content.

Everyone remember Nik, the nautolan who lost his girl in the nightclubs of coruscant? He laments that coruscant security doesn’t help him find her because he’s non human. If the player is also non-human there are slightly different replies to his aired grievance, compared to when the player is human. How many people think that the Devs have gone back into the quest dialogue, gotten the original voice actor, and recorded a new response if the player is also a Nautolan like Nik, for 6.0? Until the development team has all the resources they need to attend to that level of detail, then I think one new race per expansion is probably about all we’re gonna get.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

SteveTheCynic
10.15.2019 , 12:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I would not make any concessions like those listed because it’s clear they can add species to the game without compromising their ability to go through the content.

Everyone remember Nik, the nautolan who lost his girl in the nightclubs of coruscant? He laments that coruscant security doesn’t help him find her because he’s non human. If the player is also non-human there are slightly different replies to his aired grievance, compared to when the player is human. How many people think that the Devs have gone back into the quest dialogue, gotten the original voice actor, and recorded a new response if the player is also a Nautolan like Nik, for 6.0? Until the development team has all the resources they need to attend to that level of detail, then I think one new race per expansion is probably about all we’re gonna get.
The really significant lines regarding Nautolans don't happen when you're talking to Nik the Whiner.

KotFE Chapter VII (The Lady of Sorrows): you meet up with the Exalted, and just as all heck is about to break loose, Thea calls him. Thea is a Nautolan, and whichever of Koth or Senya you brought will say something:

Koth: I've seen one like that before ... back in your part of the galaxy.
Senya: I've never seen a species like that before.

Koth's line can be read as him yanking your chain (it's a bit of a stretch, but it's possible), but Senya's line is just blatantly stupid if the player character is also a Nautolan. (She's being "Ruthless Enforcer Senya" at this point, so it's ever so slightly out of character for her to be yanking your chain.)

Nik's lines (or more precisely the player's potential lines) are an exploration mission (?side mission?) that I'd bet that most people just sail straight past these days, but the line about Thea is main-line all-classes-all-factions story.

But yes, if they apply enough attention to detail to add a special line when talking to Nik, they've gone above and beyond.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ceryxp
10.15.2019 , 04:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post

I would love to have a complete species I just don't think it will happen for something like Zeltron, Echani, or Kiffar, which is why I'd accept an appearance pack with options that allowed us to create a character that looks like one of those.

The dialogue with Nik is a simple enough matter. They recorded one line for humans and cyborgs and one line for all others. Then it doesn't matter what species is added they always have a non-human option. We see this in a few places in the game. I think Steve is right. The more telling line of dialogue will come later when you meet the Order of Z, and I think we're going to have another instance like when our Cathar character is asked if they know what a Cathar is. They're not going to go back and record new lines of dialogue for old content. Because I know that, and already have to rewrite some of their dialogue to fit context (and head canon), I'm okay with them just adding an appearance pack for some of the near-human species.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

phalczen
10.15.2019 , 05:54 AM | #19
YES! I had forgotten about the exchange in the Lady of Sorrows chapter. That’s going to seem very awkward.

Still, the general point is that there is a level of attention to detail that they still do not achieve even now when new species can play the entire content. So I wouldn’t concede anything just to get a new species, at least nothing suggested by the OP.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Blacklynx
10.15.2019 , 06:07 AM | #20
After seeing the Nautolans in character creation, i would only accept some compromises if BW can make the new species as good looking/well designed as the npc's ingame. Since i doubt they can do that, what compromisses i would accept is a moot point.