Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concessions you are willing to make to get more playable races?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concessions you are willing to make to get more playable races?

Monumenta
10.15.2019 , 11:04 AM | #21
None of that matters, put a disclaimer pop up on the races that wont make sense and give us all the races.

SteveTheCynic
10.16.2019 , 12:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
None of that matters, put a disclaimer pop up on the races that wont make sense and give us all the races.
People don't read the disclaimers in pop-ups. There are people who've come on these forums and claimed that they accidentally started Jedi Under Siege, where the disclaimer / warning is more than just a pop-up, so I have no confidence that these pop-ups would be worth anything.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

xordevoreaux
10.16.2019 , 06:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
Given that I play mainly story content and casual grind, I don't think I'd be interested in playing new races given any of those changes.

Really though, I can't see playing any race that don't speak basic english as at all interesting. You're basically left with the same base combat structure without any cinematic personality and then what's the point of having a selection of races?
Agreed. First thing I'd do with a new species (because we're really talking species here, not races) is start a consular sage level 1 on Tython and grow from there. If I wanted to play one of my hundred-odd level 70's, I'd hop on one of those and change the species using the multicombatulatortransmogrification thingy in my stronghold, whatever that thing is. Appearance designer or whatever.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Tsillah
10.16.2019 , 06:55 AM | #24
None cause I don't need nor want new playable races. Just want them to flesh out the existing races with more options.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Nefla
10.16.2019 , 12:20 PM | #25
I would rather they go back and retroactively add reactivity where applicable to the existing races rather than making new ones. For example on Ord Mantell and in conversations with Aric Jorgan when playing a Cathar, the part on Coruscant in the Trooper storyline where everyone is flipping out about secret cyborgs ("half machine freaks") and there's no comment if your Trooper is a cyborg, etc...The times your species is noted and recognized, I absolutely love and I really wish there had been more in general T_T

Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
None cause I don't need nor want new playable races. Just want them to flesh out the existing races with more options.
OMG this! Can we finally get more than 3 faces per gender for Twi'leks and one per gender for Sith Purebloods after all these years? T_T

jedimasterjac
10.18.2019 , 02:22 PM | #26
None. There are a dozen more things I'd prefer to see over more playable races.

The races are, in my eyes, among the least important additions SWTOR needs. Or most MMOs, really.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Nefla
10.18.2019 , 04:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
None. There are a dozen more things I'd prefer to see over more playable races.

The races are, in my eyes, among the least important additions SWTOR needs. Or most MMOs, really.
I love them, but we already have all the ones I would want.

LeMage
10.18.2019 , 09:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Yup This ^
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-