Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No more taxi's, and no more "exhaustion zones"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
No more taxi's, and no more "exhaustion zones"

DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS
11.22.2019 , 01:05 AM | #11
Oh they "can" do that. Except it's more profitable for them to just pump out superficial stuff, since they know people will buy it. If enough of us get together and demand more root-core changes, I assure you they will see our point. They'll have to, or the game will start losing population.

Don't forget we, the community, are the ones keeping them going at all. So we have the power to steer the direction the game is headed.

So yes, do I want full open-world experience? Yes. Do I want less map-restrictions? Definitely. I can't see that as anything but a good thing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Besides, after all this time, the game engine itself needs a full overhaul. Better yet, move to a newer engine. So while they're overhauling it, they may as well make it less restrictive.

xordevoreaux
11.22.2019 , 02:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS View Post
Oh they "can" do that. Except it's more profitable for them to just pump out superficial stuff, since they know people will buy it. If enough of us get together and demand more root-core changes, I assure you they will see our point. They'll have to, or the game will start losing population.

Don't forget we, the community, are the ones keeping them going at all. So we have the power to steer the direction the game is headed.

So yes, do I want full open-world experience? Yes. Do I want less map-restrictions? Definitely. I can't see that as anything but a good thing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Besides, after all this time, the game engine itself needs a full overhaul. Better yet, move to a newer engine. So while they're overhauling it, they may as well make it less restrictive.
You do realize that EA games supporting Star Wars themes are on a 10-year contract with Disney (2012-2022) and we're coming up on the last portion of that, right?

Bit late to overhaul anything now.

Best we can hope for is sometime in 2022 a joint statement by EA & Disney of a contract renewal.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).