Crew Skills while leveling

Reveyah

Could someone let me know what crew skills while leveling , would be best to take, i was thinking archaeology, Bioanalysis, and Slicing.

Can slicing make me a good amount of credits, this is my first character so I was looking fore something to make some creds.

Could someone let me know what crew skills while leveling , would be best to take, i was thinking archaeology, Bioanalysis, and Slicing.

Can slicing make me a good amount of credits, this is my first character so I was looking fore something to make some creds.

Slicing is a credit maker. You can run lockbox missions and you will generally make credits off that investment, but not much. Where slicing generates most of its credits while leveling is from gathering nodes in the field - slicing nodes are lockboxes and essentially credits on the ground.

Of the three "gathering" skills - archaeology (arch), bioanalysis (BA), and scavenging (scav) - BA and Scav have the advantage of the fact that mobs can be "gathered": BA can gather from beasts and Scav can gather droids; arch has no such mobs you can kill to get arch materials.

That being said, because of the above, archaeology is not taken as often and therefore the materials it generates can be more valuable on the GTN. And with the changes to artifice and color crystals coming tomorrow demand for lower level materials may spike.

The short of it is that IMO you have made a good choice take two gathering skills and slicing on your first character. Sell what you gather on the GTN and you will make good credits, just do not expect to make millions over night.