Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 75 - Gearing the left side...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Level 75 - Gearing the left side...

Andf
01.18.2020 , 02:54 PM | #1
Hi All,

Having reached level 75, I am not sure how I am supposed to fill the equipment 7 slots on the left side of my character sheet.

It is clear how the item rating works and where I can find the sets, but I have no clue how to gear the right side: weapon, relics, implant and gear.

Can someone please help or tell me where I can find a guide?

Many thanks!

LD_Little_Dragon
01.18.2020 , 04:37 PM | #2
Swotorista has a good, detailed guide on gearing at level 75

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-t...p-at-level-75/
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Andf
01.18.2020 , 06:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Swotorista has a good, detailed guide on gearing at level 75

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-t...p-at-level-75/
Yep, I have already read this guide and the articles from MMObits and Vulkk, but they focus on explaining IR, sets, and so on; I couldn’t find any mentions to the... ”left side”

Thanks!

LD_Little_Dragon
01.18.2020 , 08:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Andf View Post
Yep, I have already read this guide and the articles from MMObits and Vulkk, but they focus on explaining IR, sets, and so on; I couldn’t find any mentions to the... ”left side”

Thanks!
They do actually. You get the left sides from gear drops same as all the other gear.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Andf
01.19.2020 , 02:56 AM | #5
Yes, they do, but they don’t talk about specific items, like a named relic.

Do you mean that I should just equip a random implant?

Cheers!

SteveTheCynic
01.19.2020 , 04:22 AM | #6
Yes, they do, but they don’t talk about specific items, like a named relic.

Do you mean that I should just equip a random implant?

Cheers!
The "rules" (==> guidelines) for left-side pieces are more or less the same as they were before 6.0 dropped.

I've never spent much time at any max level on a tank, and none at all on a healer, so I can speak only for my take on good (not necessarily best) options for DPS:
* Relics: Focused Retribution and Serendipitous dooblyflop(1), or Devastating Vengeance if you spend a lot of time in synced-down content.
* Implants and Ears: whatever suits your take on min-max for stats.

Note that before you reach IR 306, don't fuss over the specifics of gearing. You aren't max iR yet, so maxing your mix serves no purpose.

(1) Sorry, I don't have the whole name to hand, but it's definitely "Serendipitous".
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Andf
01.19.2020 , 08:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The "rules" (==> guidelines) for left-side pieces are more or less the same as they were before 6.0 dropped.

I've never spent much time at any max level on a tank, and none at all on a healer, so I can speak only for my take on good (not necessarily best) options for DPS:
* Relics: Focused Retribution and Serendipitous dooblyflop(1), or Devastating Vengeance if you spend a lot of time in synced-down content.
* Implants and Ears: whatever suits your take on min-max for stats.

Note that before you reach IR 306, don't fuss over the specifics of gearing. You aren't max iR yet, so maxing your mix serves no purpose.

(1) Sorry, I don't have the whole name to hand, but it's definitely "Serendipitous".
Lovely, that's really helpful.

I have googled it and both relics are crafted Time to start working on it...

BTW, may I ask if I the best implants and ear come from crafting too?

Is crafting the way to go for modificaitons too?

Cheers!

JediQuaker
01.19.2020 , 08:33 AM | #8
Having reached level 75, I am not sure how I am supposed to fill the equipment 7 slots on the left side of my character sheet.
Basically the stuff on the upper left side - the earpiece and implants - are used to balance out your stats. That is, whether you use Critical, Alacrity, or Accuracy versions depends on what stats (mostly from enhancements) you already have. If, for example, your overall Accuracy stat is sitting at say, 105%, an Accuracy earpiece may take that to 110%.
Conversely, if your Accuracy is over 110%, replacing an Accuracy Implant with a Critical Implant may balance out better.
Overall, maximizing and balancing your stats just involves juggling the various enhancements, earpieces, and implants (and augments, when applicable) to get the desired result.
When you read build guides, they often specify particular earpieces and implants, but take those as just being typical items they used to get the result. Feel free to mix & match as necessary.

The 2 relics are basically whatever floats your boat. Most people use the one that gives you a chance of increased Critical, plus either increased Power or Mastery depending upon class/build.
There are also the "on use" Relics, which you would equip and then drag to a skillbar to use. I don't use them myself.

Note: The above is DPS oriented. Healers would use healing based Relics; Tanks would use tank based stuff.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

JediQuaker
01.19.2020 , 08:42 AM | #9
BTW, may I ask if I the best implants and ear come from crafting too?
As a crafter I can tell you that crafting is not the way to go to get earpieces**, implants**, relics**, or any other mods**. The best way to gear up in Onslaught is just to rely on drops, quest rewards, and tech fragments. You'll get boatloads of drops, etc, just from doing quests and flashpoints, whereas crafting is very expensive.

And, as I pointed out above, don't go trying to get or craft, the specific items listed in a "build" guide. You can get everything 306 you need from drops and tech fragment vendors.

** I sometimes craft some mid-level items for new alts, but I only craft augments for level 75 characters.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Andf
01.19.2020 , 10:59 AM | #10
Your answers are precious, much appreciated!

Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
You can get everything 306 you need from drops and tech fragment vendors.
Do you mean that the modifications and the gear item level 306 that I am dropping are the best available? Should I always keep them? I do understand that I have to check the stats ì, of course!

I am asking because I am IR 306 and I m trying tpo figure where to spend my capped Tech Fragments.

Can I safely buy thr modification and the unidentified gear form the Spolis of War vendor?