The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Amazingly, amazingly bad KDY group--shocker right?

Lowbie DPS Sorc, Jugg tank, high level Hatred Sin, and me on my high level Tank jugg. First, prison break scenario. The high level sin explains nothing to the newbs, though one has already picked up "space baplz" in her first 18 levels. He knocks one of the npcs down, pulling the whole room. Having said nothing, the two new players don't know to LoS the groups one at a time as they come around the corner. One dies, the other two almost do as I work my cooldowns and medpacks judiciously to stay alive. Somehow we clear the area.

Next area, same thing, knockback to pull the whole room, everyone aware this time, but they still don't LoS properly, and even with the Sorc using Force Storm the placement is bad and there are two champs and three silvers up on us at once. I do what I can and stuck it to save the repair bill. I go ahead and throw the Sin on ignore.

Assembly area next and the genius lowbie sorc who has never even done the scenario clicks with no idea what the puzzle is. Luckily I had set two of the panels and the Sin had gotten the other just before he clicked, adding, "No idea," in chat as he does. I tell him that next time if he has no idea he should make sure we've set everything, or better yet touch nothing at all. He tells me to, "Shut up kid," giving me yet another to save myself the burden of ever encountering again in the game.

Fighting the Jedi last. For some reason on a few of the pulls the other tank, level 18, has been taunting off for no reason, but of course still losing aggro back to me once the taunt end. Unfortunately for her, she one, keeps doing this against the Jedi when her health is already low, and two, manages to do so time and time again while standing in the circles, getting herself caught and taking damage from that while the Jedi wails on her. I think she died three times, possibly four.

Fight ended, I tossed out a rude gesture and peaced out. KDY remains as always a window-licker factory.

i like how bad healers get exposed, got a couple of hm fp already where the healers were totally unable to keep themself and the tank up and lately rage quitted. i've done a couple of hms healing and i was falling asleep aside a couple of spikes on people standing in bad stuff..

Speaking of bad healers... I had a Rakata HM run recently where the healer not only didn't cleanse the stun debuff the Rakata applies when he drops fire in the first boss fight but claimed it wasn't his job when I asked him to. He insisted his job was only to heal, which he was very busy doing, and I should cleanse it myself. I said I had used Escape twice but it was on cooldown the other times and since his job is to keep us alive he'd failed because I died twice. He said I'd failed. I mentioned I have a healer too so I know how to do that fight but he wouldn't listen. I quit and he sent me an offensive whisper so I ignored him.

I find healing that fight pretty easy. The Rancor does almost no damage to the tank. The only real job you have is keeping the dps alive by making sure they aren't stunned in fire.

Speaking of bad healers... I had a Rakata HM run recently where the healer not only didn't cleanse the stun debuff the Rakata applies when he drops fire in the first boss fight but claimed it wasn't his job when I asked him to. He insisted his job was only to heal, which he was very busy doing, and I should cleanse it myself. I said I had used Escape twice but it was on cooldown the other times and since his job is to keep us alive he'd failed because I died twice. He said I'd failed. I mentioned I have a healer too so I know how to do that fight but he wouldn't listen. I quit and he sent me an offensive whisper so I ignored him.

I find healing that fight pretty easy. The Rancor does almost no damage to the tank. The only real job you have is keeping the dps alive by making sure they aren't stunned in fire.

Totally agree on that.

I saw too some healers that just stands and healing and nothing else and their healing is awful while some others fighting and never ever saw my heal drops.

In general there are many misunderstands of the game and the tree that have to achieve a level.

But in general i saw middle level players that do that and not high.

High level players(not number level but skill) teen to understand every situation inside game...

Unless your on ToFN.

I was sorc healing that mission. On the first boss I cleansed the stuns that hit with the fire, one dps was sensible and moved, however dps number 2, after being clensed stood still. I left him to die and at the end discussed it with him. He tells me that it is my job to heal and his job to dps, and as he is a sniper his dps is based on standing still.

Unless your on ToFN.

I was sorc healing that mission. On the first boss I cleansed the stuns that hit with the fire, one dps was sensible and moved, however dps number 2, after being clensed stood still. I left him to die and at the end discussed it with him. He tells me that it is my job to heal and his job to dps, and as he is a sniper his dps is based on standing still.

lol about that i got a blood hunt TFP with 3rdps+my mara.

they totally refused to use med stations and let me do the job, just to be able to finish the content since a couple of them kept dying..

WUT??? *Go to the next post. Scrolls back up.* WUT?!?!?!?!?

Sniper having to stand still???? Viru can move quite a bit, they only have to stand still during Cull and SoS. Everything else is fully mobile (switch out Lethal Shot for Overload or a 'Nade if it won't burn your energy management or you don't have the instant proc). Engi is very mobile. They only have to stand still for SoS. The rest can be delayed and moed around rather easily. MM is the less mobile and can still move a lot during FT GCD and the following with free attacks and Dart being rather mobile in the rotation. And don't forget Roll... And Entranch speed buff... I can't even begin to understand how someone can think Sniper is supposed to stand still.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I was on my first 60 HM FP, Rakata Prime, in a long time, last night. I've been doing only the 55 ones, since they gave equal rewards as 60HMs, but they fixed that in latest patch. So, I was forced to queue for the 60 HM FP (sigh).

I was nervous, since the last 5 or so 60 HMFPs I have tried on this toon (60 Sorc Healz) ended in miserable failure, multi-wipe, group disbanded, etc.

So 60 HM Rakata is actually going quite well! Great tank, decent DPS and I seem to be healing like I know what I am doing. Huzzah! We down the 1st boss with ease and then, just after the next pull, my PC reboots. No warning, screen just goes to black......

#$%@#&!!! I'm screaming at my screen, which reads "preparing to shut down" and I am imagining the rest of the group screaming as well! Healz just d/c is the middle of a mission! So I probably ended up on 3 ignore lists, and I STILL have not completed a single weekly in 60 HM FPs since 3.0.

Soooo FRUSTRATING!

-end of rant-

That wasn't Windows applying an update, was it? That f**er has b**gered up my late night playing more than once. If that's the case, you may be lucky, and the others also skewered their monitors with their keyboards at the same time.

B

Unless your on ToFN.

I am on ToFN.

That sounds like the reverse of the conversation I had the other night except I was a Gunslinger, he was a Sage and I would have moved if I had been able.

Had another KDY run, this time on my dps op. I had 3 sorcs in my group and I assumed that it's going to either be good or horrible. Well there was me a level 25 op, level 18 sorc, level 26 sorc and level 31 sorc.

Okay let's break down each one.

level 18 sorc- Probably the sorc who knew how to play his class as well as save me many times since I been forced to hold boss onto me because the other two were questionable.

level 26 sorc- This one was the middle in terms of knowledge and stuff, was willing to learn but was pretty horrible at first because I had to show them how kdy runs. She did have derp moments like aggroing two silvers patrolling up and down while I aggored the two silvers at the door assuming that and the 31 sorc help me. oh I was wrong... BTW the 18 sorc somehow got wiped because of the 31 sorc...

Level 31 sorc- oh boy, the last of the last and the worst of the worst. This Sorc who somehow only got to level 31 only knew 3 abilities, basic attack, force storm and dark heal (which only to heal himself). This guy was like destroying my mind to the point that I had to ignore him to never match up with him ever again. All he did was stand there either watch us 3 get wiped to him getting wiped last, or force storm the way.

So all of that is done, the first two stages were lucky since it was simple to understand. I was hoping for the jedi (gezz first time I said that throughout my kdy adventures) because it had simple tactics. YEP we got what I wanted. So I pretty much explain what to do, both level 18 sorc and level 26 sorc listen to what I said and did the work but OH NO mr.31 sorc thinks he's op and stood in the circles and force storm the boss when I said no force storms. Oh what's was funny is that I had the jedi targeting me and somehow he got wiped due to the circles while I had no wipe. So somehow we managed to one shot this jedi to the 18 sorc saving me many times while the 26 sorc was lost at times but did help me and me dps tanking the boss to the max and said our good byes, I ignored the 31 sorc and parted ways making a new friend because with every horrible dude, there's that one friend you can create!

To be honest I think that the level 31 sorc was a kid who had no idea how to play a mmo.

Well I can't wait for the double xp weekend, KDY grindfest and hoping the encounters with horrible peeps are minimal

A run of HM Rattaka. I am on my sniper.... (Donnie Darko story from a couple of pages back).

I can understand people getting shirty if the run consists of lots of wipes or too much death in general.

But why get in a tizz when things are going well? Some people just seem to live and breathe drama when you put them in front of a computer that's connected to the internet.

Edited by PLynkes

Im probably one of the weird guys you meet in groupfinder :p.

Once, people were calling for spacebar during the stories in a flashpoint and I obliged (I usually take some time to watch the flashpoints on youtube before actually trying them for the first time so I can know the mechanics, etc. Yes, im new). Someone in the group was watching the whole thing I reckon since I spent a lot of time at the "waiting on others" screen, and one or two in the group were complaining. Anyways, we got to one and my game was messing up, spacebar wasn't skipping anything lol, so I tried to explain in chat that the convo was bugging for me. One of the guys, I reckon already a bit upset about someone not skipping the stories, told me to stop crying. Is it appropriate for me, as the healer, to stop healing ******es? Well that's what I did lol. He didn't say anything to me after that.

I primarily play operative healer and lightening sorc DPS. And for someone like me, who is playing swtor for their first MMO, its a huge learning curve on all that is expected and the do's and dont's, so I'd just stress tolerance for the noobs lol.

KDY

3x Sniper (2x Marksmanship, not sure about third), Assassin (not sure about spec)

AoEs:

- Snipers target same area with Suppressive Fire

- Assassin runs in and uses The Best AOE Ability in the game.

Not enough single target dps to beat Elite Defenders without someone dying so someone didn't dps. Later I noticed that Assassin doesn't have any of the Charges up, mainly uses Recklessness and then FL at 10+ meters. Last boss is grenade guy. We keep dying here too. But at least we can keep battle going so we can finish it without reset.

Yes, im new

Nothing wrong with that. If someone in your group has a problem with that then it is just that: his/her problem.

Is it appropriate for me, as the healer, to stop healing ******es? Well that's what I did lol. He didn't say anything to me after that.

If it's Sentinel/Marauder standing in red circles then yes. Use your resources to heal tank and dps who is doing their job properly..

Edited by Halinalle

Just did FE SM. Jugg "Tank" was in (among other stuff) aim helmet...I ended up tanking on my viru sniper the Whole fp and thanks to Our brilliant sorc healer we got through it bonus boss and all. "Tank" ended up needing on a willpower head on the end boss...ffs...damn KDY mouthbreathers and windowlickers.

Double xp has its downfalls...

Met someone just now who has really got under my skin....

I get a gf pop for SM lost island with my vang tank. Theres a scoundrel healer, slinger dps and shadow dps.

We zone in, I ask everybody if they know the mission. The healer says yes, the other 2 don't answer (which as always, I take as a yes).

We get started and start to skip all the animals up to the first boss, where possible. However the shadow wants to "get exp" so starts fights on everything, luckily due to his poor dps I manage to rip aggro quick without needing to taunt (I love vang tank spec stock-strike).

We get to the first boss. I ask "all know it?". The healer says yes, both dps dont answer. I pull, both dps die in the multitude of circles that boss drops and me and this healer end up 2-manning it, at which point it becomes apparent this healer is really really good.

We res the 2 dps and the shadow rants at the healer. I suggest he follows fight mechanics and set off. Shadow likes to pull ahead of me, I ask him about it, he tells me he wants to pick up the pace, so I do. Now the slinger and shadow both complain about resource management (I have never struggled with resource on my sniper regardless of pace, but w/e).

Get to the second boss, the droid. I ask if everybody knows it. Healer says yes, both dps stay quiet. I pull, shadow pops the sticky aoe under the boss, while the slinger fills the rest of the room with his. This results in a lot of damage due to very limited safe spots from those lightning dome things. Adds turn up, I go get aggro, write adds in chat but no dps comes to get them so I end up dpsing adds while hitting the boss afew times to keep aggro. The healer finally runs out of resource and we wipe.

I ask again if anybody is new here and doesn't know the fights. I get no response. I pull second boss again wipe again, and a third and fourth time. I ask the dps again if they know the fight. The shadow rants about how crap the healer is (clearly if there are aoe's filling the entire room, the tank is surrounded by a hoarde of adds and the dps are tunnel-visioning the boss then not keeping everyone topped up is because of a special-needs healer).

I decide to explain the fight to the nth degree, interrupted a multitude of times by comments from the shadow such as "lmao dumb tank thinks hes pro" and "I know all this lets just fight". We pull, the shadow carries on making the same mistakes but at least the slinger listened. We leave the shadow dead on the floor so he cant fill the room with aoe while the 3 of us kill the boss, then res the shadow. He complains again about the poor healing.

We carry on, the dps don't interrupt any terminate shots despite my instruction. Get to sav-rak. I ask the dps if they want this one explained. The shadow tells me to "shut up and pull" which I do. Both dps go over the edge on the first smash/stamp or w/e. We wipe. Second go is the same again. I start explaining the fight again, which annoys the shadow as he continues to state that he already knows it. After I finish explaining I ask if everybody understands, the shadow then runs in and pulls, then gets knocked off on the first stamp, we wipe as 3 people doing the pipes thing doesn't work too well.

The shadow starts complaining that he is having to carry us noobs and we are costing him a repair bill. I suggest that he listen to the fight mechanics as he is clearly new. He goes on a tirade about how pro he is and we would be stuck without him. I inspect his achievements, see that he is new (do the same with the slinger out of interest, hes new too). I vote kick the shadow then explain to the slinger how stating that they are new at the start of the mission can save alot of time and repair bills. He apologiese for not doing so, saying he was worried he would be kicked for being noob. I point out the opposite, I only kick new players if they dont say they are new and end up causing issues, using the shadow as an example to get my point across.

We get a new dps and complete.

Now I don't have an issue with noobs, what annoyed me about this guy was:

1. didn't say he was new when asked at the start
  2. didnt say he was new when asked by the first boss
  3. blamed other people for the fact that he died on the first boss due to being new, despite not saying anything
  4. didnt say he was new when asked at the second boss, causing multiple wipes, while blaming the healer
  5. has a go at me for explaining the boss, claming he already knows
  6. doesn't use interrupts which are helpful with the terminate enemies
  7. didn't say he was new when we get to third boss, despite being asked, causing wipes
  8. refuses to listen to instructions for third boss, causing wipe
  9. completely flips and tells the entire group he is holding us together
  10. continues his claims of knowledge even after I point out his achievements state otherwise

Still at least 1 good thing came out of this. I think the slinger now understands that when people ask "are you new?" they aren't looking for an excuse to kick you, but are trying to avoid ending up with a story like this, along with an unnecessary repair bill.

Edited by BobFredJohn

These are a few short stories of horrible KDY runs from this 2xp weekend so far. They’re short and sweet and all from Imp side as those are the characters I’m currently trying to speed level.

1. A low level Jugg DPS who NEVER heals between mob fights and will jump to the next one on 20% health and then will try to run away when he gets at about 5%. Proceeds to blame us every time he dies (and that’s a lot).

2. A level 30-ish Jugg Tank who seems to think that tanking means to run into a room grab EVERY single mob and then leave us DPS to clean up whilst he runs to the next room/mob pulling as many as possible as fast as possible and then gets shirty when we all die.

3. A 20 something sith tank assassin says he won’t tank and will just DPS with us other 3 DPS. He doesn’t change to DPS stance. I decide to take lead and initiate the attacks because everyone else is just standing around waiting for someone to. Not long in the Tank gets shirty at me for pulling before him even though he said at the very beginning he didn’t want to tank. I say fine and we get to the next mob and I wait but the tank does nothing I ask him what he's doing and get a reply along the lines of, “OMG I said I’m not tank DUH!!” SO he wants me to pull but then he tanks after that? I still don't know.

4. This isn’t just once but something I have seen very VERY often. Sniper’s who stand in one position and DON’T move, ok sure fine it’s only KDY but when they stand right next to the health stations in boss fights and yet REFUSE to click them at all it really annoys me.

5. One Koris run with 3 DPS and 1 healer. The healer had been only ever DPS’ing so far which was fine as we never got into much issue. On this boss fight he says I will heal and we agree. The healer than proceeds to “heal” us by just clicking the healing stations and nothing else! He will run from one side of the room to the other clicking the station whenever they are ready if we need them or not and when neither are clickable won’t heal us at all.

6. One run I had a sith sorcerer who I can only assume was trolling as she would just randomly RP in the chat (I’m on Harbringer BTW) between mob fights by saying really weird stuff like “charactername dances seductively in front of x” or "charactername twerks at x" and would continue to do stuff like that to us other 3 DPS the entire FP. :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Nope. Silence is consent in this regard.

I think he was joking. Though his comment has some grounding in the fact that even though silence should be consent in these situations, it rarely is.

So making the assumption that silence = yes, though a sensible assumption to make, is often incorrect.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Did a run through Hammer Station with my Guardian. She badly needed new armor, but I was grouped in an area with no vendors, so that didn't help her initial performance. We had a Sage healer, level 23. I started my taunting the two big droids in the hallway at the start and let the DPS do their thing. Health gets below 30%, no healing. I die, everyone else dies. We respawn, and the healer sneaks around the smaller droids and begins attacking them. So when the smaller ones start fighting back, so do the two elite droids. We all die again, and the other Sage asks the theoretical healer "what the **** are you doing?!" No response, so he's either f2p or ignoring us. We respawn, go into the hallway, and the healer does the same thing. Finally the other Sage initiates a kick. Reason: "dumb ****".

Hey, at least I can admit that I'm just faking it through the game 90% of the time.

These are a few short stories of horrible KDY runs from this 2xp weekend so far. They’re short and sweet and all from Imp side as those are the characters I’m currently trying to speed level.

As a guildmate of mine once said, people in Tactical FPs use basic abilities and claim it's a rotation. Just today my lvl 16 Merc out-dpsed a level 40 Marauder in KDY (aswell as the other two guys). Once had a group of 2 heals 2 DPS in Korriban tactical, me being one of the healers, and easily the worst equipped person in the group. Respecced to DPS (after asking for consent) because DPS was near non-existent with fights taking all of the forevers, and boom, fights sped up a lot. Some people should try playing the darn game instead of fiddling with their dangly parts.

BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.

Edited by Darkelefantos

1. A low level Jugg DPS who NEVER heals between mob fights and will jump to the next one on 20% health and then will try to run away when he gets at about 5%. Proceeds to blame us every time he dies (and that’s a lot).

2. A level 30-ish Jugg Tank who seems to think that tanking means to run into a room grab EVERY single mob and then leave us DPS to clean up whilst he runs to the next room/mob pulling as many as possible as fast as possible and then gets shirty when we all die.

3. A 20 something sith tank assassin says he won’t tank and will just DPS with us other 3 DPS. He doesn’t change to DPS stance. I decide to take lead and initiate the attacks because everyone else is just standing around waiting for someone to. Not long in the Tank gets shirty at me for pulling before him even though he said at the very beginning he didn’t want to tank. I say fine and we get to the next mob and I wait but the tank does nothing I ask him what he's doing and get a reply along the lines of, “OMG I said I’m not tank DUH!!” SO he wants me to pull but then he tanks after that? I still don't know.

4. This isn’t just once but something I have seen very VERY often. Sniper’s who stand in one position and DON’T move, ok sure fine it’s only KDY but when they stand right next to the health stations in boss fights and yet REFUSE to click them at all it really annoys me.

5. One Koris run with 3 DPS and 1 healer. The healer had been only ever DPS’ing so far which was fine as we never got into much issue. On this boss fight he says I will heal and we agree. The healer than proceeds to “heal” us by just clicking the healing stations and nothing else! He will run from one side of the room to the other clicking the station whenever they are ready if we need them or not and when neither are clickable won’t heal us at all.

6. One run I had a sith sorcerer who I can only assume was trolling as she would just randomly RP in the chat (I’m on Harbringer BTW) between mob fights by saying really weird stuff like “charactername dances seductively in front of x” or "charactername twerks at x" and would continue to do stuff like that to us other 3 DPS the entire FP. :rolleyes:

can't wait these guys reach 60 and start doing endgame :rak_03: