Crew Skills that net you the most Credits

Gogatt

Well I'm not new but I just unlocked Hk51 and want to get him on an imperial character of mine I plan of saving from Rise of the Hutt Cartlel to KOTFE. I know this is a question that probably gets asked ALOT, but I've and never found a satisfying awnser to which crew skill specifically to go for credit wise. I'm also wasting the crew skills I have as they were picked pretty much when I started the game.

1.What are the crew skills that net the most credits?

2. How? What do I do with the items I find and how do I turn a profit? I here slicing is direct credits, and if so I'd probably go for anything that grants credits directly. I also have done nothing with the crystals I've found other the selling to vendors and I know I must be wasting them.

3.How long will a million take?

4.What route should I get Treek at? Subbing with 600 a month will take 4 months so is it worth the CC, or credits from the GTN? I can't buy here as I started legacy rather late and it's only at lvl 6.

5. When buying HK on a Imp do I just buy the legacy unlock that says HK51 for imp and he just appears on the ship?:cool:

Edited by Gogatt

See the links in my signature: best crew skills and crew skill money making. You may not get the answer you want, but they are probably going to be the best answers you are going to get. After you read those, see the high end schematics link.

If you want a million credits quickly, many say it can be done running missions in daily areas. It just depends on how many characters you have and how susceptible you are to burnout.

Edited by psandak

Well I'm not new but I just unlocked Hk51 and want to get him on an imperial character of mine I plan of saving from Rise of the Hutt Cartlel to KOTFE. I know this is a question that probably gets asked ALOT, but I've and never found a satisfying awnser to which crew skill specifically to go for credit wise. I'm also wasting the crew skills I have as they were picked pretty much when I started the game.

1.What are the crew skills that net the most credits?

2. How? What do I do with the items I find and how do I turn a profit? I here slicing is direct credits, and if so I'd probably go for anything that grants credits directly. I also have done nothing with the crystals I've found other the selling to vendors and I know I must be wasting them.

3.How long will a million take?

4.What route should I get Treek at? Subbing with 600 a month will take 4 months so is it worth the CC, or credits from the GTN? I can't buy here as I started legacy rather late and it's only at lvl 6.

5. When buying HK on a Imp do I just buy the legacy unlock that says HK51 for imp and he just appears on the ship?:cool:

Hmm, regarding Treek, as that is the easiest answer of all... since the companion changes introduced with 4.0, I would not bother with her at all. She used to be an awesome and highly flexible companion who was at least as good as any other companion you get access to through the class storyline. Now though, she is under-powered compared to other companions at a similar or even a fair bit lower influence level. Back when the comps all had their own role, the fact that she was both tank with self-heals and healer made her very flexible. Now that all comps can do anything, something seems to have happened with her abilities because she is a very squishy tank and a poor healer. If I didn't already have her unlocked across my legacy, I wouldn't bother at all.

Regarding crew skills, Slicing is the money maker, especially if you have access to Yavin/Odessen. Lots of people are there hunting the lockboxes, but it is definitely possible to make good credits doing that.

Other crew skills can make money, but really only at the endgame gear stage, and you need to be 550 rated in the crafting skill, and have run the Ops that drop the mainhand barrels/hilts, won the loot rolls for them, and also got a little luck with the reverse engineering to learn the schematic to craft the BiS items... there is a lot of work grinding to that stage, then running the Ops (often with a good guild group... makes it much easier), and probably having to repeat the process a couple of times to (a) win the loot, and (b) get the desired RE result to discover the schematic.

The best way to make credits in swtor at the moment? Get a group of 4 lvl 65's together, and run through the planetary heroic missions. Between the credit rewards for the actual missions, and the group accumulator for doing the bonuses on the heroics, 1 mill credits should be 2 or at most 3 planets, which I would estimate to be about 2-3 hours work at most. Assuming you are level 65, the heroics will also give you a few common data crystals a couple of Glowing Data Crystals, a random Locked Alliance Crate (very useful for leveling the influence of KotFE companions), and the loot will also often include some Prototype (blue) gear that you can sell on the GTN for a few 10's of thousands of credits per piece or sell to a vendor for a few thousand.

I'll keep what you guys said in mind and I'll check the guide.

Are any skill besides slicing good for $ making? What other 2 should I get besides slicing? I'm going to do some heroics and dailies but my crew skills are pretty much **** together. I am willing to work for it also lol, it sometimes feels easier to just do the HK mission over but my imp is only lvl 30 so nah

I pretty much need the set of 3 that really only goes towards credits and nothing else. So far I know to learn slicing. And I will immediately after ROTHC is over.

Oh and legacy unlocks if they help

I'm lvl 55 Jedi Knight currently on Maleb and am a subscriber so I should have Yavin. Last thing what's the button to open the window again?

Edited by Gogatt

I'm lvl 55 Jedi Knight currently on Maleb and am a subscriber so I should have Yavin. Last thing what's the button to open the window again?

By this statement, I am assuming you only have one character. Therefore my advice would be to take two of the three gathering skills (archaeology, bioanalysis, scavenging) to round out your three. Gather from nodes in the field and sell what you gather. Scavenging and Bioanalysis have the advantage of being able to "gather" from mobs (scavenging can gather from droids, bioanalysis can gather from beasts). That being said, because of this fact there are a lot of scavengers and bioanalyzers out there so the value of those materials is lower than archaeology (albeit not by THAT much).

Slicing is probably the best non-crafting skill when it comes to profit... The nodes you gather from the field are basically free credits; the lockbox missions you can send companions on are generally profitable: pay X to run the mission, on average get more than X back over the long haul; And at end game the purple sliced parts are worth a lot of credits because they are used to make item modifications that can only be crafted: augments.

By this statement, I am assuming you only have one character. Therefore my advice would be to take two of the three gathering skills (archaeology, bioanalysis, scavenging) to round out your three. Gather from nodes in the field and sell what you gather. Scavenging and Bioanalysis have the advantage of being able to "gather" from mobs (scavenging can gather from droids, bioanalysis can gather from beasts). That being said, because of this fact there are a lot of scavengers and bioanalyzers out there so the value of those materials is lower than archaeology (albeit not by THAT much).

Slicing is probably the best non-crafting skill when it comes to profit... The nodes you gather from the field are basically free credits; the lockbox missions you can send companions on are generally profitable: pay X to run the mission, on average get more than X back over the long haul; And at end game the purple sliced parts are worth a lot of credits because they are used to make item modifications that can only be crafted: augments.

Your right in the sense that I have 1 character. I have all classes but my Jedi knight is the one I use because It's the first/only one finished. My close second being a Sith warrior at lvl 31. I use him but not as much. I have 8 and will be doing them all for the story, but mainly use only 2. And of this two I use the knight a lot more. The knight is more of my End game class.

I have however selected those 3 and will use on other characters in the future. I was thinking about OT but this sounds better, I picked Bio,Slicing and scavenging.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Gogatt

Like any other gathering skill, slicing has "nodes" that will appear on the minimap.

Thanks a bunch!

I already have my skills all above 300, not sure if I like Archology or Bio better, but really digging the credit earning so far. Slicing is earning me thousands per box. Should I go for 500 or is there no difference?

Thanks a bunch!

I already have my skills all above 300, not sure if I like Archology or Bio better, but really digging the credit earning so far. Slicing is earning me thousands per box. Should I go for 500 or is there no difference?

maxxing out your gathering skill(s) will increase the yield from a given node. For example: a newbie skill 1 scavenger gathering a node on Zakkul would get one unit of either compound or metal, but a 550 will get 3 to 5 units of each. On the flip side, a 550 gathering from a node on Coruscant or DK will get also more desh/silica than a skill 1.

I do not know how this impacts slicing nodes - maybe the lockbox generates more credits.

Edited by psandak