Bad move what a disapointing story. warning spoliers

Damidos

How could you do it bioware you waisted the two most loved icons of the of this whole franchize . Revan and HK being killed by a 4 nobody players not even a raid of top level geared players, 4 mid level players killing revan ????? :eek: .

You could of saved them for later use you could of built a entire expansion around him. And now i hear that a lone jedi knight kills the sith who took on both revan and the exile and won?

you have ruined your own epic story i really cant see where you can go from here. Bad moves like that- added to the problem of retaining voice acters for future content and the having to pay lucas arts so much for the IP makes me worry for this games life span.

If you really wanted to blow your load so early in the games life you should of made a end game flash point where the republic team kills the emporer with the help of revan. and the imperials kill revan with the help of malagus or somthing. Or just given revan a heroic death or left him out of the game alltogther. Revan went out like a chump i am not amused.

How could you do it bioware you waisted the two most loved icons of the of this whole franchize . Revan and HK being killed by a 4 nobody players not even a raid of top level geared players, 4 mid level players killing revan ????? :eek: .

You could of saved them for later use you could of built a entire expansion around him. And now i hear that a lone jedi knight kills the sith who took on both revan and the exile and won?

you have ruined your own epic story i really cant see where you can go from here. Bad moves like that- added to the problem of retaining voice acters for future content and the having to pay lucas arts so much for the IP makes me worry for this games life span.

Revan and HK are not even in my top 10 for star wars characters. they were okay but only 1 book and 3 games that have anything to do with them doesn't make them an icon.

If you really wanted to blow your load so early in the games life you should of made a end game flash point where the republic team kills the emporer with the help of revan. and the imperials kill revan with the help of malagus or somthing. Or just given revan a heroic death or left him out of the game alltogther. Revan went out like a chump i am not amused.

Revan was a chump.

Your character is powerful enough to kill the Emperor, Revan is very much a chump by comparison

also revan is almost completely irrelevant to any of the plots in TOR, they didn't ruin their epic story, because at most he was a minor character in this game. and what does killing off revan have to do with retaining voice actors, and working with lucas arts? how does revan's death affect the life of this game? wow didn't die when we killed illidan.

Pay attention to thestory before you trash it, there is a reason why we destroy hk at level 37 in the foundry...

And we arent a bunch of nobodies. I dont know what story line you are playing, but im the emperors wrath, who else would be more suited for killing revan and hk?

Edited by deserttfoxx

here's what i dont get. why is it when something like this happens the thing that people are really upset about is the difficulty of the boss.

it happens in wow all the time. like with anub'arak. people were mad that he was only a regular 5-man boss, not that he was a boss at all.

Because people get emosionaly attached to charcters and the lore of a game, if a so called master of the force one of the most powerfull and intressting charcters in the starwars universe has to die it should be done with a bit of style and respect. They didnt do revan justice they spat in the face of the character and story that made their franchize great.

Imagine if Commander shepard dies in mass effect 3 and instead of some heroic meaningful death he gets shot in the back by some no name never seen before punk. Its the same thing Revan is the old repubic if they had to write him in as alive 300 years after the first game at least do it right.

Because people get emosionaly attached to charcters and the lore of a game, if a so called master of the force one of the most powerfull and intressting charcters in the starwars universe has to die it should be done with a bit of style and respect. They didnt do revan justice they spat in the face of the character and story that made their franchize great.

Imagine if Commander shepard dies in mass effect 3 and instead of some heroic meaningful death he gets shot in the back by some no name never seen before punk. Its the same thing Revan is the old repubic if they had to write him in as alive 300 years after the first game at least do it right.

Revan was nobody special, the fact he had a entire instance dedicated to him was more then enough. What did you want, a 40 person raid to take down a average Jedi?

the BIG difference is that im ME3 i will be playing shepard. in tor revan is a minor character.

and the number of players it takes to kill a boss has nothing to do with how "style" they go out in.

also revan is almost completely irrelevant to any of the plots in TOR, they didn't ruin their epic story, because at most he was a minor character in this game. and what does killing off revan have to do with retaining voice actors, and working with lucas arts? how does revan's death affect the life of this game? wow didn't die when we killed illidan.

wow did start to die when the killed illidan, it went to its death bed when they killed arthas and now with nothing to look forward to but pandas they are being forced to bring illidan back to life because they have run out of ideas and icons like arhas illidan or in this game Revan.

wow did start to die when the killed illidan, it went to its death bed when they killed arthas and now with nothing to look forward to but pandas they are being forced to bring illidan back to life because they have run out of ideas and icons like arhas illidan or in this game Revan.

wow sure is dead.....

and you forgot deathwing, who was actually a more important character than either of the other two.

also revan is almost completely irrelevant to any of the plots in TOR, they didn't ruin their epic story, because at most he was a minor character in this game. and what does killing off revan have to do with retaining voice actors, and working with lucas arts?

im talking about making new content.. t

hey will have to keep bringing back voice actors to make new content it makes it difficult at best it will just slow new content down.

the lucas art comment was becuase bioware is renting the IP and will have to keep paying a large slice of the profit pie, so in 2 years time when the game subscriptions has taken a dive bioware maynot have the resources to add new content and pay lucas.

Revan could of been a great tool to keep the plot going. all im saying is content may dry out sooner than it would of.

I'm not a nobody, I'm a hero.

This.

We are the four heroes (villains?) that kill Revan. Four of the Empire's best. I think that is something to tell. Also, its not Revan's story, its ours. Revan's story's ending was part of ours.

Also, to that Shepherd example. If Shepherd is killed in a future Mass Effect game by MY new character, based on my choice or ability, I won' complain. Shepherd's story is ending in ME3, Revan's ended in KotOR I.

im talking about making new content.. t

hey will have to keep bringing back voice actors to make new content it makes it difficult at best it will just slow new content down.

the lucas art comment was becuase bioware is renting the IP and will have to keep paying a large slice of the profit pie, so in 2 years time when the game subscriptions has taken a dive bioware maynot have the resources to add new content and pay lucas.

Revan could of been a great tool to keep the plot going. all im saying is content may dry out sooner than it would of.

What are you talking about? That makes no sense. You are grasping at straws to give an excuse of why Revan is important to this game when he is not. If keeping such characters alive was such a big thing then

Malgus and the Emperor would be alive and dandy too wouldn't they?

but they are not so the longevity of the game will no rely on such ridiculous constructs you are fantasizing. If anything, they can reuse the voice actors if they have to for a character to be "resurrected" or just have them do the same character with different voice acting from the actor.

Don't overly-complicate the issue because you are unhappy your precious Revan is dead.

Edited by Forgon

wow sure is dead.....

and you forgot deathwing, who was actually a more important character than either of the other two.

yeah but my point stands having a back story and lore rich intressting characters to draw apon for new content is a good thing. wow isnt useing any of their old lore bad guys next expansion lets see how it works out for them..

This.

We are the four heroes (villains?) that kill Revan. Four of the Empire's best. I think that is something to tell. Also, its not Revan's story, its ours. Revan's story's ending was part of ours.

Also, to that Shepherd example. If Shepherd is killed in a future Mass Effect game by MY new character, based on my choice or ability, I won' complain. Shepherd's story is ending in ME3, Revan's ended in KotOR I.

fine ill except that but it could of been done with a bit more respect for revan. and done with more story been a beter death and not at mid level.

yeah but my point stands having a back story and lore rich intressting characters to draw apon for new content is a good thing. wow isnt useing any of their old lore bad guys next expansion lets see how it works out for them..

If WoW can't keep generating new and interesting characters, that is their fault, as it will be in SWTOR. Many of the characters created in this game (particularly the Sith) are interesting enough to be memorable characters and longstanding villains in one form or the other. They don't need to go off old lore at all as long as they can create new lore to add to this rather empty timeline.

Your grasping at the idea that they need old lore to keep content going.

fine ill except that but it could of been done with a bit more respect for revan. and done with more story been a beter death and not at mid level.

It was done with total respect imo. Revan's tale is a tragedy, which is what makes it interesting imo. The excuse going around already is his mind and body being sapped of power after being in stasis for 300 years and being assaulted by the Emperor mentally, and he still is able to hold his own against 4 enemies that are the strongest the Empire offers.

Levels are irrelevant plot wise, they are game mechanics. If something happens mid-plot it means nothing compared to it happening late plot, unless you want to make Revan the focus of SWTOR's plot which he isn't and I definitely don't want.

His story between KOTOR, KOTOR II, his book Revan, and SWTOR gives him a satisfactory conclusion. He died with a nice reference to Malak and inferring even he was fallable and was maybe misguided by his anger and hatred in betrayal towards the Dark Side.

It stripped away the Mary Sue persona people gave him and finally put him to rest.

Edited by Forgon

for all you know there could be an old god under pandaland, whole expansion now all of the sudden makes sense, and has a purpose.

there are tons of things that they could use for an expansion.

they could use marka ragnos' staff, or that amulet that caused the rakghouls. it doesnt have to come from kotor to make a good expansion. they have the ENTIRE expanded universe to draw from

Edited by UjellyTrollicus

for all you know there could be an old god under pandaland, whole expansion now all of the sudden makes sense, and has a purpose.

they could use marka ragnos' staff, or that amulet that caused the rakghouls. it doesnt have to come from kotor to make a good expansion. they have the ENTIRE expanded universe to draw from

Plus some magical place where BW writers all gather and exchange ideas and concepts for the new plot called... /drumroll... the storyboard room! :eek::)

lol i can see it now. The old republic expansion 1 - amulet of rakgouls yeah that will draw a crowd.