New to SWTOR

Yester

Hey everyone,

I just started a couple of hours ago and have a few questions. I chose a Trooper as my class and am having a pretty good time playing it.

Does any of you have some hints for a new Trooper or a new player in general? I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with a Trooper or make a new character. I definitely don't want to tank with my Trooper, that's for sure. I've read that it's possible to do other things, but are they fun? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading. :)

Hello Yester, welcome to the community!

For general tips and a wonderful guide, please see Goshee's Newcomers guide! For Trooper specific questions you might have, we also have a Trooper forum, which might have some answers or be a great place to ask specific questions for the class.

New Player Help has a great community! If you aren't finding answers to your questions, don't be afraid to ask here! We have amazing and helpful members who are always happy to help out :)

AT 10 you'll get a quest to pick an advanced class

Vanguard - TANK/DPS options

Commando - Heal/ DPS options

Alright, great. The Commando seems more my sort of thing, for sure.

Hello Yester, welcome to the community!

For general tips and a wonderful guide, please see Goshee's Newcomers guide! For Trooper specific questions you might have, we also have a Trooper forum, which might have some answers or be a great place to ask specific questions for the class.

New Player Help has a great community! If you aren't finding answers to your questions, don't be afraid to ask here! We have amazing and helpful members who are always happy to help out :)

I will have to read up then. It's good to know there are resources available for the game already and it has only launched a few days ago.

Great. Thanks a lot for the help so far, everyone.