Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scrapper or healer?

AlphaCentrion
03.21.2013 , 03:39 AM | #1
im thinking about playing scoundrel, but dunno wht i shud spec in. I wanna heal others but also wanna do some damage. but more damage. So during group missions susch as heroics, ops, pvp would i still be able to heal efficiently? while doing damage still?

ChicagoBearsFan
03.21.2013 , 07:24 AM | #2
Pick one role or the other. Most PVE content in this game is not set up for hybrid-heals. Either you are the healer, or you are the DPS. I have a scoundrel healer that I like, but other than in solo play, I use him almost exclusively as a healer (other than the occasional AOE). My commando I switch specs back and forth from heals to DPS. In DPS spec there have only been a few times where I have had to throw out a heal or 2. There have been a few ops where the healer went down and I was able to change cells and cover heals for a moment while the other healer got a Rez on the downed healer, but these circumstances are few and far between.

Bottom line is hybrid healers just don't work well, either you at gimping your DPS or your heals. No one wants a gimped role in their group. So go one or the other. The nice thing is that you can try one role and respec to the other if you don't like it (and back again if needed).
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Cary
03.22.2013 , 04:24 AM | #3
Healer is much more fun, I am almost invincible in war zones, takes 3 or 4 to put me down which is hilarious. I once managed to kite 6 imps away from the middle in civil war and we capped it to win.
AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8120 @ 4GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 670 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1800MHz | Asus Crosshair V 990FX | Samsung 22" LED HDMI @ 1920x1080 | Antec 1200 Gaming Case | Corsair Professional Gold AX1200 PSU

randiesel
03.22.2013 , 05:15 AM | #4
Play for the story. At 50 you'll know your place.

If you're any good at scrapper, you'll still be doing it at 50 like the 1% of us who still spec into it. If not you'll go healing.

As the post above stated, you're really tough to kill as a healer. Shadows are much better then a scrapper though, so just be forewarned in case you have your heart set on dps.

Mookind
03.22.2013 , 04:43 PM | #5
If you want to do PVE or PVP as a scoundrel heals will get you spots. You have to be really good to dps on an op and even the best aren't doing very well compared to other AC's played to their fullest.

If you think you are just "casual" and want to mess around doing solo content doesn't get much better than a scoundrel. Buy field re spec and only heal on the champions. You have a lot of freedom to do what you want if you are just out in an open world

So pretty much if you want to group as a scoundrel you need to heal.

If you want to DPS for an organized group you will prob need to re roll or become way above average. I would just re roll something more appropriate and leave your scoundrel as your healer

But everyone plays the game their own way