Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone playing a Dark Trooper?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anyone playing a Dark Trooper?

Dawnwolf
01.25.2012 , 04:21 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by theravenzone View Post
How could anyone play a character voiced by Jennifer Hale and not play Reneg... um I mean Dark Side?

I'm so with you right here.

Yun_Gemstone
01.25.2012 , 05:04 AM | #22
Jen Hale does Renegade Shepard much better. Gives you the creeps sometimes. With the Trooper its somewhat watered down.

I am not sure exactly what is missing. Maybe the impression that my Trooper doesn't get a kick from harassing the lower masses.

Clonkers
01.25.2012 , 07:27 AM | #23
I play a dark trooper (dark 4 at 42), I have enjoyed it way more than my dark inq, some of the options do seem a bit needlessly harsh, but for the most part it's just about putting the republic beyond anything else. It's more like a russian commissar than a crazy psychotic. Also having red eyes and red laser beams feels more unique in warzones

Faeldawn
01.25.2012 , 08:36 AM | #24
Overall im unimpressed with the story, having played a light and dark trooper now the differences are negligable and both vatriants of the storyline after the initial twist at lvl 10 are really dull and boring.

Without M1-4X to cheer me up i'd never have made 50, he is truly awesome and constantly cracks me up, but he's not a patch on Blizz (our mirrors companion) who is just fantastic

theravenzone
01.25.2012 , 10:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Faeldawn View Post
Overall im unimpressed with the story, having played a light and dark trooper now the differences are negligable and both vatriants of the storyline after the initial twist at lvl 10 are really dull and boring.

Without M1-4X to cheer me up i'd never have made 50, he is truly awesome and constantly cracks me up, but he's not a patch on Blizz (our mirrors companion) who is just fantastic
I got to say though, the Trooper story, at least what I've seen from it, seems better than the Bounty Hunter story, where (warning major spoilers incoming ) in chapter 1 you hunt some bounties so in chapter 2 you can hunt even more bounties and then in chapter 3 it tops all out when you hunt some bounties.

Meuwdy
01.25.2012 , 10:43 AM | #26
Level 39 and Dark V. Thanks to Diplomacy and being completely unsympathetic Major Seaward lives up to her rank and name.
Major Seaward | 50 Commando | 44 Valor | 26 Legacy
Requiem

sharkfinsix
01.25.2012 , 10:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Anti_Bodies View Post
woah woah woah woah, out of 8 classes your alt is the same class as your main?

1. There is such wild diversity in the game, why play the same class twice so early?
2. The trooper is so boring. SI & BH were so much more delightful to play, especially as dark side. I'm level 48 trooper right now, he is so dull and boring in the conversation responses compared to the classes I beta tested. Though he does give the JK a run for his money..
Why, because my vanguard is 37 and on an low pop server, so I rerolled a toon to play with friends on a higher pop server. So i do love my vanguard, but don't want to lvl a new one to lvl 37. I will just hope for server Xfers at some point. Until then i am playing a Commando alt (now lvl 15 dark I). As my Trooper was male and light side, to make going through the story again i picked a female dark sider this time.

As for variety...I have...

37 vanguard, 18 sentinel, 18 Shadow, 7 Smuggler, 23 Merc, 11 Sniper, 11, juggernaut, 3 Inquis.

So i have tried all the classes to some extent and my fav 2 were Vanguard and Merc...thus i made my reroll a Commando

Jetflair
01.25.2012 , 11:29 AM | #28
I think my Dark Commando is much funnier than the light one.

He is mostly trying to find fastest route to beach with beer in my hands and most of time really ignorant big jerk. Maybe he misses few things but at least he got a big gun that mostly compensates the small.. which he can use to blast things which he doesn't care to ponder too much.

Pubsam
01.25.2012 , 01:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by theravenzone View Post
How could anyone play a character voiced by Jennifer Hale and not play Reneg... um I mean Dark Side?
Don't shoebox Jennifer Hale! She's great no matter what she's saying.
Time for a nap.