December In-Game Event Schedule

DanielSteed

I'm sure some of you are already wondering why the start and end time for events later this month are different than the norm. Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' will change the Conquest reset timer, making it match the Weekly Mission reset timer.

One of the reasons the CQ event start was moved from the weekly reset was because BioWare insist on doing patches and maintenance at the same time. This had a knock-on effect where regularly people were not correctly rewarded for completing conquest, and in some instances entire guilds were not given the achievements for winning a specific planet. This in turn caused massive numbers of Customer Service tickets to be generated in order to resolve the issues and caused massive amounts of QoL reduction for the player base.

With this change back to CQ potentially ending/starting during maintenance can you confirm that these issues have all been fixed?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

I wanted to follow-up here with some clarity on a few things. Conquests will begin at 12:00pm GMT, so the previous Conquest week will end at 11:00am GMT to allow for the hour cooldown period between events.

Some of you have been curious why we're making this timing change. We have aspects of SWTOR that reset on a weekly basis - Operations lockouts, Weekly Mission Resets, Conquests, etc. We know that these events are important for players and some modify their playtime based on when these resets happen. Aligning all our reset timers makes things easier for players to keep up to date with SWTOR, provides an expectation for future resets, and helps prevent potential development problems on our end when having multiple systems using different resetting behavior.

Hey everyone!

I wanted to follow-up here with some clarity on a few things. Conquests will begin at 12:00pm GMT, so the previous Conquest week will end at 11:00am GMT to allow for the hour cooldown period between events.

So the reason for moving conquest reset to 6pm GMT in Patch 5.5a is fixed now? Conquest no longer breaks when the servers are down for maintenance at reset time?

Edited by Mubrak

Hey everyone!

The event schedule for December has been published. This month the Pirate Incursion, Rakghoul Resurgence, and All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally events will make an appearance. These of course will be joined by the seasonal Life Day and Anniversary events as well.

I'm sure some of you are already wondering why the start and end time for events later this month are different than the norm. Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' will change the Conquest reset timer, making it match the Weekly Mission reset timer.

Just took a look at the Anniversary event, and so, no new items this year then?

I understand why you guys are doing this, but this will be really annoying time for us EU guilds who have our own in-guild conquest reward systems, I don't think anyone in our guild is even playing at that time.

Yeah, I am kinda disappointed by that as well. Was looking forward to it. Guess it goes with not getting anything new from the anniversary vendor as well.

The screenshot above the anniversary event literally displays new things XD.

New Hand of the Empire/Task Force Nova Banners and Posters with Artworks for Onslaught/Jedi Under Siege.

But I guess thats not the kind of new things you hoped for :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by Darthjantom

Hey everyone!

Some of you have been curious why we're making this timing change. We have aspects of SWTOR that reset on a weekly basis - Operations lockouts, Weekly Mission Resets, Conquests, etc. We know that these events are important for players and some modify their playtime based on when these resets happen. Aligning all our reset timers makes things easier for players to keep up to date with SWTOR, provides an expectation for future resets, and helps prevent potential development problems on our end when having multiple systems using different resetting behavior.

Okay, I understand that and do not generally disagree, but I am curious about the state of things in regards to Mubrak comment regarding update 5.5a. And what about the repeating of events whilst other events are ignored? Are we going to get back to a regularly rotating schedule of Conquest events or are we going to continue with this repeating of events more often that others and never knowing when Conquest events are going to occur?

Are we going to get back to a regularly rotating schedule of Conquest events or are we going to continue with this repeating of events more often that others and never knowing when Conquest events are going to occur?

This is an excellent point and question.

I would further this by adding that we do not 'need' special events every week, and the repetition is make them less 'special' with reruns so close together. However, if you are feeling some pressure to push out 'specials' more often, then all of them (baring the seasonal events tied to RL holidays/events) need equal time on the calendar in a given period.

I prefer conquest time aligned with daily/weekly reset time.

The old conquest reset time for me was in 2AM while the daily/weekly reset time was 8PM which means anything I do on Wednesday after the daily/weekly reset contributes to excess conquest points. Now I can gain new weekly conquest point right after work/dinner on Wednesday.

Hey everyone!

Fair enough. I appreciate you sharing your reasons. I do prefer the current schedule as regards guilds being able to see points totals just before conquest end without logging into the game "in the middle of the day" (as it is in the EU). Also, I liked each week have "eight" conquest days (Tuesday essentially being divided into two halves where objectives could be repeated). But it does sound like you have a wider perspective that you need to consider beyond individual convenience and preferences (particularly given that, as people comment here, not all prefer things the current way).

Are we going to get back to a regularly rotating schedule of Conquest events or are we going to continue with this repeating of events more often that others and never knowing when Conquest events are going to occur?

BioWare, any chance we can get some clarification (or insight) into that ^ question in this thread too please?

Thanks.

Will you also be changing the time/day that Guild Perks rotate? Currently it is every 2 weeks at 00:00 GMT on Monday/Tuesday.

• Dev Post

Very fair question, which I have talked over with the team. With regards to why Pirate Incursion is occurring twice this month while Gree and Bounty Contract Week are not happening, it's because we wanted to highlight our newer events more around the general holiday window.

For us Conquests can fall into two categories - ones tied to specific in-game events (EX. Pirate Incursion) and ones that are standalone (EX. Flashpoint Havoc). The in-game event schedule is something the team has more of a manual touch on, meanwhile the Conquests that fall between the in-game events are randomly determined. While it's easy for us to pull up the in-game event schedule to communicate it broadly at the beginning of every month, that really isn't the case for the non-event Conquests, which is why we never folded those in to the outward facing article/page updates.

We really appreciate the constructive feedback around around certain in-game events appearing more than others and we'll take this into account as we look into potential changes next year.

Very fair question, which I have talked over with the team. With regards to why Pirate Incursion is occurring twice this month while Gree and Bounty Contract Week are not happening, it's because we wanted to highlight our newer events more around the general holiday window.

For us Conquests can fall into two categories - ones tied to specific in-game events (EX. Pirate Incursion) and ones that are standalone (EX. Flashpoint Havoc). The in-game event schedule is something the team has more of a manual touch on, meanwhile the Conquests that fall between the in-game events are randomly determined. While it's easy for us to pull up the in-game event schedule to communicate it broadly at the beginning of every month, that really isn't the case for the non-event Conquests, which is why we never folded those in to the outward facing article/page updates.

We really appreciate the constructive feedback around around certain in-game events appearing more than others and we'll take this into account as we look into potential changes next year.

Thanks for replying, Daniel.

Personally, i still don't understand why there can't just be a simple regular rotating schedule of all current non-seasonal 'events' ...in order. So that players (and guilds) can more easily rely on that equal rotation.

Then, if/when a new non-seasonal event gets introduced, it would just simply be added to that event "queue" .

But i guess u guys/gals will decide what's ultimately in the best interest of SWTOR for 2021.

Thanks again for replying. /tip-hat

Edited by Nee-Elder

..Edited.. Forget I said anything :)

I honestly thought you did not know but your decision to keep things quiet has been explained elsewhere now and I don't want to put you or any Bio people in a bad position ;)

Edited by UlaVii

Thank you for the reply, but that is not what I mean. We (many in the player community) are aware that the standalone Conquest weeks such as Flashpoint Havoc, Trade Emporium, Total Galactic War, etc. occur on a random schedule. What I was asking about are the five specific Conquest events: Relics of the Gree, Rakghoul Resurgence, Bounty Contract Week, Pirate Incursion, and All-Worlds Swoop Rally. Prior to All-Worlds Swoop Rally being added the Conquest events followed a regular rotating schedule (e.x., Gree, Rakghoul, Bounty, Pirate, and then back to Gree). When they were on a schedule the players, for the most part, knew what events were upcoming, how long they would have to wait, for example, to complete Dr Lokin's AA, or before they could acquire another Gree weapon, etc. But since the addition of Swoop Rally the Conquest events seem to come willy-nilly. As I noted a few times in other threads, there was a several month gap between instances of Relics of the Gree whilst Swoop Rally and Rakghoul ran an inordinate number of times.

So my question again is, will we be getting back to a regularly rotating schedule of the Conquest events (Gree, Bounty, etc.), where the five Conquest events follow a fairly set order, or are we going to continue with the willy-nilly, here is another Swoop Rally week again even though we just had one three weeks ago and will have another one in two weeks, seemingly random but actually not because it is basically all Swoop Rally all the time with a little Rakghoul and Pirate Incursion thrown in so people do not scream too much?

Thank you for the reply, but that is not what I mean. We (many in the player community) are aware that the standalone Conquest weeks such as Flashpoint Havoc, Trade Emporium, Total Galactic War, etc. occur on a random schedule. What I was asking about are the five specific Conquest events: Relics of the Gree, Rakghoul Resurgence, Bounty Contract Week, Pirate Incursion, and All-Worlds Swoop Rally. Prior to All-Worlds Swoop Rally being added the Conquest events followed a regular rotating schedule (e.x., Gree, Rakghoul, Bounty, Pirate, and then back to Gree). When they were on a schedule the players, for the most part, knew what events were upcoming, how long they would have to wait, for example, to complete Dr Lokin's AA, or before they could acquire another Gree weapon, etc. But since the addition of Swoop Rally the Conquest events seem to come willy-nilly. As I noted a few times in other threads, there was a several month gap between instances of Relics of the Gree whilst Swoop Rally and Rakghoul ran an inordinate number of times.

So my question again is, will we be getting back to a regularly rotating schedule of the Conquest events (Gree, Bounty, etc.), where the five Conquest events follow a fairly set order, or are we going to continue with the willy-nilly, here is another Swoop Rally week again even though we just had one three weeks ago and will have another one in two weeks, seemingly random but actually not because it is basically all Swoop Rally all the time with a little Rakghoul and Pirate Incursion thrown in so people do not scream too much?

I endorse this comment and would like to express my preference for returning to a set event schedule. Not a fan of having some events run more frequently than others.

Dear Daniel,

Where is our double xp for the month of December, or, are you guys Scrooge this year?