Is there a reason US players have dropped off the last 2 days?

TrixxieTriss

Hey guys, just wondering if there is a holiday or reason that the last 2 days feel really dead on Star Forge. It’s now the weekend Primetime and it was busier during the week.

I know it’s not thanks giving (I think), so is there something else you all do around these dates?

FYI, not saying the games dead, etc. just trying to find out if there’s legit reason I don’t know of (being Aussie and all).

Maybe people were just running activities? It's difficult to get a good show of population. We got the fleet but it fluctuates a lot as people make groups and go to instances/overworld. Edited by Nemmar

I can only speak for myself. I am frustrated with random spawns not spawning (rishi datacron mission, the droid on hoth for the datacrons there, etc). I needed a break from playing swtor before I shoot myself.

But as for everyone else, it could be a lot of things. Christmas shopping. Lots of people working overtime for Christmas. People traveling or visiting family. People running out of things to do in game (or just tired of doing the same thing over and over) and getting bored. People running into things in the game that are broken, bugged, etc. and just getting frustrated.

I would speculate that it is probably a relatively equal mix of holiday relative stuff and frustration related breaks. You have only to read the forums to see there is a lot of frustrations in a lot of different areas: slow gearing for those that don't want to farm fp's, pvp class balance, broken missions, credit sinks (amps, 1m per set gear, etc), low credit rewards for missions/heroics, new crafting broken, and on and on. Even me with random spawns that don't spawn (wasted most of my play time for two freaking days..for nothing!!).

Could be Christmas shopping, people putting their trees up, vacationing, you name it. I know our guild has seen a pretty good drop off in the last week or two. Personally I think it's the novelty of the expansion wearing off in general. I see a lot people already geared up in full sets. Once you've run through the expansion, which is fairly short, and gear up, we're back to the same old grind. It's already running through my head how much longer I'll stay subbed up, so I decided to try a few dps classes I've never really delved into in the past to keep my interest. The other thing it could be is that it's football season here in America, whether it's professional or collegiate, this is a big month for football and most of those games are during the day and some at night. When important games are on, I won't log in at all. It's probably just a mix of everything.

Could be Christmas shopping, people putting their trees up, vacationing, you name it. I know our guild has seen a pretty good drop off in the last week or two. Personally I think it's the novelty of the expansion wearing off in general. I see a lot people already geared up in full sets. Once you've run through the expansion, which is fairly short, and gear up, we're back to the same old grind. It's already running through my head how much longer I'll stay subbed up, so I decided to try a few dps classes I've never really delved into in the past to keep my interest. The other thing it could be is that it's football season here in America, whether it's professional or collegiate, this is a big month for football and most of those games are during the day and some at night. When important games are on, I won't log in at all. It's probably just a mix of everything.

Ah, there we go, foot ball season. Are there big matches on today and yesterday evening? I think that and everything else people have said would make a considerable amount.

I’m also not discounting the expansion wearing off. Or players getting sick of the onerous systems (conquest as an example), the credit sinks and nerfed credit rewards. Not to mention bugs etc to do with gear drops.

Which leads me to also point out that conquest is pretty bad this week for solo, non crafting and non pvp people. If you aren’t in a bigish guild that’s active, it’s more difficult to get many Alts done. And the things you can do are extremely boring. It supposed to be relics of the Gree and there is only one thing there for solo players to do amd it’s locked per legacy as once a day.

It’s all making sense now when everything is added together. Then looking at conquest this week makes me think most people got through their pre-requisite Alts earlier in the week and can’t be bothered putting the effort in for the rest of the weekend.

As you guys have pointed out, there better things to do outside the game or things that need attention at this time of year,

Another thing I’m wondering, was there any new games released the last few days. That’s usually a fast drain on players.

For me I had a combo of family things and work so I couldn't get on. This time of year gametime can be tricky. I dont think the game is dying or anything. Do you?

May be more and more let their subs running out because there is not enough single player content in 6.0. This compared with broken crafting System and the overall increase of difficulty with results in more time needed for the same rewards.

Ah, there we go, foot ball season. Are there big matches on today and yesterday evening? I think that and everything else people have said would make a considerable amount.

I’m also not discounting the expansion wearing off. Or players getting sick of the onerous systems (conquest as an example), the credit sinks and nerfed credit rewards. Not to mention bugs etc to do with gear drops.

Which leads me to also point out that conquest is pretty bad this week for solo, non crafting and non pvp people. If you aren’t in a bigish guild that’s active, it’s more difficult to get many Alts done. And the things you can do are extremely boring. It supposed to be relics of the Gree and there is only one thing there for solo players to do amd it’s locked per legacy as once a day.

It’s all making sense now when everything is added together. Then looking at conquest this week makes me think most people got through their pre-requisite Alts earlier in the week and can’t be bothered putting the effort in for the rest of the weekend.

As you guys have pointed out, there better things to do outside the game or things that need attention at this time of year,

Another thing I’m wondering, was there any new games released the last few days. That’s usually a fast drain on players.

It's everything everyone has mentioned more or less, the perfect storm.

Between dance concerts, school concerts, extra practices, family stuff, work Christmas parties, family holiday demands, and trying to get the Christmas tree up AND make my boss happy with getting my work done, I have no free time. my free time tonight was spent preparing notes for tomorrow and decking the house with toilet paper courtesy of that :rolleyes: elf on the shelf (thank you mom for that gift to the kiddo......)

I actually joined what looked like a cool guild on SF. Then they put out this thing about inactivity for more than 25 days will get you booted...Alts required too...so about 2 weeks ago I quit the guild knowing every weekend until next year is currently booked and I can't guarantee my evenings either. I'm still a sub but I'm extremely time poor.

Since so few of my friends are interested in sports, its easy to forget other people do care.

Now for me and mine it was Pokemon Go. They have been ratcheting up activities for the holidays, so a lot of my free time has gone there instead of here.

I'd hardly call attacking Trixxie as sensationalist as staying on this thread's original topic, but as you say, each his own.

This thread has no real actual topic. The actual topic of this thread to is engage is pure exaggeration. Posting by saying "the last two days at prime time there hasn't been the number of players online" on the surface is a meh complaint. Then when you see when they posted (1:33am) you get why its exaggerated and over sensationalized AS are the rest of this person's claims and threads through the years. Australian servers, pvp, conquest. It's all over exaggerated. If you can't see it then bless your heart.

a 2 day slip isn't anything to raise eyebrows over. So many variables can influence why the population may appear less to individual players.

Come on Trixxie! lol.

P.S. I been busy IRL and haven't had any motivation to lvl up a stealth to cheese FPs for gearing. So I just do other hobbies now tbh. I actually log in just to check GTN then I sell crap. I seem to make about 20-30 million a day, so I might just see how much I can accrue using my simple GTN tactics.

Odd, I've run 8 alts through Conquest so far this week, generally do one character on Relics weekly + couple of flashpoints per day. Not very time consuming and definitely able to solo Relics on most characters (Heroic can be hit and miss depending on class).

Haven't noticed any real dip in population, but being in europe I'm rarely on during US Peak times. Could be the same for trix?

I’m in Australia, but I play in both US prime and non prime. This last week we played 12 hour sessions that crossed both. It wasn’t until late last night my time (8am Sunday NY time) that things started to pick up.

There was this whole 48+ period before last night that was really quiet compared to the rest of the week we just had.

Anyway, I guess things are back to normal now? I’ve not logged in yet this morning to check.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You've been posting on these forums since 12.27.2015. I don't always agree with what Trixxie says, but with your history on these forums, you should be more than well aware that Trixxie does more for this game and other players in any given month than some people do during their entire SWTOR experience.

Your statement is unfounded and uncalled for.

It really isn't. This thread was a bait.

First no reasoning was given to his claims. It was an argument from authority. We have no way to verify.

When people didn't bite, he dismissed them and the real reason for the thread came out:

I got nothing in favor or against Trixxie, but he has proven time and again he is not above sensationalism (remember the time he announced he was quitting for classic and classic is the shizzle?). We all have moments of anger in wich we say things we don't mean, it is perfectly normal.

We all got things we aren't happy about. All i ask is if you want to complain about conquest, make a thread about conquest.

Edited by Nemmar

It really isn't. This thread was a bait.

First no reasoning was given to his claims. It was an argument from authority. We have no way to verify.

When people didn't bite, he dismissed them and the real reason for the thread came out:

I got nothing in favor or against Trixxie, but he has proven time and again he is not above sensationalism (remember the time he announced he was quitting for classic and classic is the shizzle?). We all have moments of anger in wich we say things we don't mean, it is perfectly normal.

We all got things we aren't happy about. All i ask is if you want to complain about conquest, make a thread about conquest.

I actually did quit. But the PTS testing drew me back. After so many years of not really having it available, I wanted to finally have an avenue to test and help make the game better (which turned out to be a sham).

Also, it’s “she”, not “he”, not that it really matters that much ;)

There are plenty of things not to be happy about at the moment. If I made a thread for every one of them with its own topic, I would get accused of spamming threads on the forums, instead of participating in discussion. (Guess I cant win either way :rolleyes:)

This thread also wasn’t bait and I only thought of the conquest thing later on as the discussion evolved because I was trying to find some conquest activity I hadn’t done.

The purpose of the thread was to find out where everyone went all of a sudden. Usually only major things make it drop noticeable in such a short time. I was generally interested to know if there was something I wasn’t aware of happening in America for those days. I initially thought thanks giving, but that was last week or the one before?

It was curiosity and nothing more. I think you are looking to hard for an ulterior motive, when there wasn’t one.

Edited by TrixxieTriss