@Devs- Stabilize your rear deflectors!

Verain

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if a discussion on the UI issues really belongs in this thread, quite frankly. Perhaps it belongs better in a separate thread?

As I understand it, the goal of this thread is to present the devs with a variety of low-complexity changes that could be implemented with minimal dev time. Namely, changes to values that are hopefully not hardcoded in GSF, and that are easy to manipulate without potentially introducing major bugs.

Granted, no change in something as complex as a video game is actually simple, but hopefully most suggestions in this thread involve easily manipulated values. UI issues naturally fall outside of this category (including things like adding an artificial horizon or some such).

Not to play moderator, but if our goal is to provide the devs a series of simple balance pass fixes, along with discussions on their merits, it's probably best we don't veer too much off topic as it may muddy the waters.

Just a thought. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
I know I'm late to the party but I just wanted to make a comment re: proton torpedoes. I think what would be most beneficial to buffing them would be a combined decrease in their lockon and reload time. I'm unsure that just lowering one of those two values will help much since even with cluster-level lock on times you're still looking at, under ideal circumstances, 12+ seconds between the first shot and second shot being launched if you don't also tweak the reload time. That still means that it's useless against powerdive and going to be pretty iffy against the other non-Barrel Roll abilities once you include travel time.

EMP field is a lot stronger than EMP missile, it definitely needs a longer cooldown than the missile. Both could use buffs, however.

It would... If it had 4.5km radius.. right now with like <2km radius.. EMP Field is worst tham EMP Missile.

It would... If it had 4.5km radius.. right now with like <2km radius.. EMP Field is worst tham EMP Missile.

I really like the idea of EMP field. However, it's way way too easy to end up being killed by the mines you are trying to EMP with it. I'm not certain, but I think that some mines do damage even if "destroyed" by something.

Edited by Ymris

It is better because you can hammer it instantly against people. It doesn't have a lockon time, and can actually hit scouts.

EMP field is much better than EMP missile.

Yup.. Only problem is the radius being around 2km instead of 4.5km.....