Launched Player

BananaCombOver

Hello everyone,

It's been about 4 Earth Sol years since I have played this game. I recently saw that it was F2P AND on Steam so I figured there would be an uptick in players. Which is awesome, I really miss this game! Anyways, I started playing this game on Launch have missed it dearly. A few questions though:

What should I expect to have changed in the last 4 years?

Anything decent in Cartel shop now?

New content worth a sub?

Thank you!

What should I expect to have changed in the last 4 years?

EDIT: oops. Forgot to comment here.

Lots of stuff has changed, although it would be useful to give a more specific date than "the last 4 years". Were you here for the release of Knights of the Eternal Throne, for example? (See the last section for a view of the main story that's released since approximately four years ago.)

Anything decent in Cartel shop now?

EDIT: depends on what you think is "decent". The best way to find out is to take a look.

Of note: they have finally started releasing CM armour sets with extra pieces. The first was the "Resort Swimwear" set with an extra chest piece to give you a choice between a chest piece with or without a mini butt cape. After that, we've had one with the hood up or down, and a new Darth Malgus ("Reborn") set with two helmets, a full-face mask and a breath-screen mask like DM himself wears. To unlock them in Collections, you must wear all the pieces, and fortunately they don't have to all be there at the same time.

New content worth a sub?

I cannot say whether *you* will think it's worth subscribing for, but, depending on exactly *when* "four ... years" refers to, and looking just at the mainline story:

* The climax of Knights of the Fallen Empire. (Last chapters released July or August of 2016)

* All of the immediate follow-up to KotFE, "Knights of the Eternal Throne" (released December 2016)

* A sequence often called "the Traitor Arc", but formally "Fractured Alliances" that is the immediate follow-up to KotET.

* At the end of tTA/FracA, a criticially important question that you can ask of a romanced Lana Beniko or Theron Shan.

* A new story arc, initially released in 5.9, called "Jedi Under Siege", taking place on Ossus, that marks a return to per-faction stories.

* The "Onslaught" expansion released in very-late 2019.

There's also a couple of new recurring events, including something that tries to be swoop racing, but where parts of the course somewhat resemble Mario Kart. Make of that what you will, but it's reasonably well integrated into the game environment, and offers as reputation-vendor rewards, some *epic* new speeders.

Edited by SteveTheCynic