20 seconds

1 minute

1:30

2:00

2:45

3:15

3:50

4:25

You now have no reason to move the boss. So, please, stop moving the boss.

Sincerely,

Anyone with a reflect.

P.S. If you actually need the last value, no one with a reflect (or adequate dps of any sort) is there, and you can disregard this message.

Thank You!

Is this for SM, HM or both?

This is just SM. In HM the drop rate appears to be around every 15 seconds. And for all those scoffing at SM dps: sure, we get it, SM is SM. It's not difficult, it's not progression, it's just something to do. That being said, it's where 80% of the community spends its time, and some folks wouldn't mind having info that makes the run faster and/or more efficient.

In both SM and HM most tanks kite the boss all over the place (well, usually around the edges of the room). In SM, at least, it's possible to not move him at all, and just drop all the puddles on top of each other (with proper use of cooldowns).

Again, it's not progression, it's not difficult, it's for funsies.

Amazing how I didn't hear this strategy until mercs got reflect. I'm not going to change a strategy that works just so you get better epeens. Especially considering that mercs took what used to be my identifying feature.

Sincerely,

A very bitter guardian tank

Amazing how I didn't hear this strategy until mercs got reflect. I'm not going to change a strategy that works just so you get better epeens. Especially considering that mercs took what used to be my identifying feature.

Sincerely,

A very bitter guardian tank

At least your class has a reflect.

Sincerely,

An even more bitter sage healer

Dear Karagga Tanks;

Before trying to aid people's reflects... please learn to walk KP so that neither his head or butt is facing the middle.

No, you're not being clever by putting the puddles right on the wall; you're making everyone scurry around to not get hit with his explosive diarrhea.

- a tank, tired of having to run around instead of healing/DPSing on alts as you blame healers for everyone dying.

This is just SM. In HM the drop rate appears to be around every 15 seconds. And for all those scoffing at SM dps: sure, we get it, SM is SM. It's not difficult, it's not progression, it's just something to do. That being said, it's where 80% of the community spends its time, and some folks wouldn't mind having info that makes the run faster and/or more efficient.

In both SM and HM most tanks kite the boss all over the place (well, usually around the edges of the room). In SM, at least, it's possible to not move him at all, and just drop all the puddles on top of each other (with proper use of cooldowns).

Again, it's not progression, it's not difficult, it's for funsies.

So is there a reliable list of times for hard mode or does it vary enough to make using timers useless?

Why is this even an issue? Do people just stand there in fire and not move him around? And so what about mercs and commandos reflect? I do it so the boss dies and as a Guardian I use it for the same reason

I don't think some people take an objective look at killing things in both PvP and PvE when they complain that things die too fast.

This is the....point?...of these activities? :confused::confused::confused:

"I like my fights to be glacially paced, and everyone's damage output to be capped at my own personal output regardless of class and abilities so the fight can't finish too quickly"

This 1.2 era fight was never designed with all these reflects. It was designed so that the tank would move the boss and keep the rear end pointed away from the ops group. Furthermore, some day it could be nerfed, just like the Tyrans door fire was nerfed to be unreflectable. I mean, its kind of like trying to rationalize ignoring the Terror's Scream since it doesn't hurt much in story mode: yeah, I did it as a VG tank when the guardian co-tank forgot to taunt every single blasted time, but its not something I would want to learn as proper technique.

This 1.2 era fight was never designed with all these reflects. It was designed so that the tank would move the boss and keep the rear end pointed away from the ops group. Furthermore, some day it could be nerfed, just like the Tyrans door fire was nerfed to be unreflectable. I mean, its kind of like trying to rationalize ignoring the Terror's Scream since it doesn't hurt much in story mode: yeah, I did it as a VG tank when the guardian co-tank forgot to taunt every single blasted time, but its not something I would want to learn as proper technique.

The problem with KP is, it stopped being relevant arguably years ago, but moreso when they removed the Nightmare version so I highly doubt they will care to fix the reflect on that fight. And ignoring the scream on TFB (which is also reflectable) in SM because "it doesn't hurt as much in SM" is pretty absurd because it still to this day kills GF Pug tanks and groups

Why is this even an issue? Do people just stand there in fire and not move him around? And so what about mercs and commandos reflect? I do it so the boss dies and as a Guardian I use it for the same reason

I believe the idea would be to side step the fire, then move back in just before he pops the next one so that there's an overlap.

Whether i'm dps or tank, I definitely use my reflect. What bothers me is when i'm in one and get a group of 4 mercs going "OMG tank you suck stack fire because my dps!!!"