Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DaniWes
02.06.2012 , 08:35 AM | #541
I hope they change the requirement for the biometric crystal alloy in the high end biochem recipes, cause I don't fancy having to do hardmore flashpoints for several weeks, hoping for a drop and then winning the roll, to be competitive in PVP.
Played WoW for 5 years, SWG for 3 years, Rift for 6 months, AoC for 4 months, Aion for 2 months, Sorc Wars The Old Republic for 2 months.
Class Division in SWTOR

RevenantBob
02.06.2012 , 09:26 AM | #542
I personally love and I mean LOVE the customized appearance items. Right now we can't use them for end game which to me defeats the purpose of this wonderful feature. If you worry about mods being too available, make patterns as hard to acquire as comparable gear.

Cbrinegar
02.06.2012 , 09:30 AM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by Komisches View Post
Here's some stuff I'd like to see for crafting (and the GTN?):

1. I want to be able to link my profession to chat so that people can see my schematics and engage my services.
I do not see the point in this what so ever...

2. I want a search button in the GTN that IS NOT a series of drop downs. Useful as they are, they can be damn annoying. Especially when my companion comes back and the whole thing closes.
Now this too i would like, a blanket search field that doesnt require a bunch of drop down boxes

3. I'd like to see dyes (life Rift has) to change colours on gear. Biochem or artifice can make it I guess, give them something else to do As nice as all the gear is, it's very "samey".
this is just a "meh" idea, EQ did it, and it wasnt all that great really, the armor looked the same type but just different color, i would much rather see appearance type tabs like EQ2 has in place for those that want a total different look but keep on the best gear.

4. An upper (hidden?) limit on reverse engineering something would be nice. Having to RE 100 blues to get 1 of the purple options is crap and VERY disheartening (can be immensely costly too).
i think instead of dumbing down crafting like a limit, instead they could add something like datacrons for companions that increase their crit chance, or perhaps quests that can raise that ability.

5. More speeder bike recipes for Cybertechs (maybe one we can sell?)
why not add a crafting ship building too??? yes its rather sarcastic but there are plenty of speeder choices, maybe speeder enhancements .. i.e like a better hover engine that reduces falling damage.. or a booster that enables faster travel for say 5-10 seconds..

That is all.
theres my 2 credits worth anyways

AndiusTheGreat
02.06.2012 , 11:05 AM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by Komisches View Post
4. An upper (hidden?) limit on reverse engineering something would be nice. Having to RE 100 blues to get 1 of the purple options is crap and VERY disheartening (can be immensely costly too).
By this do you mean a limit to the amount of times you can RE before receiving the next tier schematic or a limit to the number of purple schemetics you can RE?

I say no either way.

I remember how long it took me to get my first purple 390 cybertech schematic. (The 400 took no time at all because it dropped off the first EV boss I ever killed.) While it took ages, the feeling of accomplishment afterward was great. These things are MEANT to be difficult. Because of how difficult they are to achieve, few other cybertechs of the purple schematics that I do, and I don't have a lot of the ones they do. It adds value to what I can create.

But if we were to add a limit to the number of purple schematics we can have, then it would have me not REing as I over-analyse which purple schematics I really want. If I learned I had a purple schematic in an item they was low demand or useless it would even tempt me to delete my cybertech skill and start over. I don't consider that fun, I consider it game-breaking.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Galvatron
02.06.2012 , 11:28 AM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Fair concerns... but nobody said anything about nerfs for PvP gear just yet.

There are many ways of achieving our intended goal, from stabilizing early gear acquisition through diminishing/removal of the random factor to the introduction of new gear over time... and a dozen other methods in-between.

To spell it out: We currently have no intention to modify the stats on existing PvP gear downwards (which I assume you mean by 'nerf'). Nobody has talked about eliminating the gap between old level 50s and new level 50s either.

-- Georg
I honestly hope you don't nerf the difference between pvp gear.. Currently the difference is so small it actually needs a bump. Each Valor milestone 50,60,70 and so on needs to be about a 5% difference. They way it is now it's not even 1% which is sad.

It seems to me you want to cater to the cry,cry whine crowd and punish the the players that strife for more.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Chromiie
02.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by questcequecest View Post
Remember, Bioware, MMOs have 2 end games. PVE and PVP. Don't forget that.
MMO's have three you mean. Crafting can be it's own endgame. I just wish it was here.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader

Splaktar
02.06.2012 , 12:29 PM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.
Awesome news! Orange gear with augment slots would be great. RE chances surely need improving as it is super expensive to get purple schems atm. Augments certainly need more relavance. The GTN needs to have some massive usability improvements!
Splaktar - Mercenary - Jedi Covenant

Splaktar
02.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Chromiie View Post
MMO's have three you mean. Crafting can be it's own endgame. I just wish it was here.
Right. I'd love to see crafting become a much more important and independent part of SWTOR.
Splaktar - Mercenary - Jedi Covenant

Arynoth
02.06.2012 , 12:59 PM | #549
So... when is artifice going to be able to craft assassin tanking off hands?

I'm glad for these other changes/improvements, but you have 0 schematics to allow artifices to make assassin tanks willpower focus off hands (with shields).
www.hardwarecanucks.com - Top Canadian Computer Hardware Forums

ShadowDuff
02.06.2012 , 02:05 PM | #550
What should be done is a way to know what you can reverse engineer. Like a side-branching family tree. For instance when RE a green armor you can see what you have a possibility of RE. When you click on the green item, it would then show the blues in grey, then when you RE a blue it would show the purples you can RE. Minus the mastercrafts and criticals of course. But this way you can have an idea of what you CAN RE instead of being in the dark about it. So for people who may want to take the time and learn every schematic can know what they need to learn and from what items they need to learn it from. Even if this idea isn't the way to go, there should still some way of showing what you can RE.