Fastest way to lvl in 2x XP

TrixxieTriss

There's usually a special event called a "Bug Hunt" that's held during 2xp periods. Despite the name, Republic usually grind mobs in one of the Imperial outposts on Nar Shaddaa. I'm guessing maybe Imperials go to Balmorra, either to grind the Republic base in Bugtown, or else grind Colicoids? Either way, I've raised both a Vanguard and a Jedi Guardian by a lot of levels in an hour or two.

Type /cjoin Allies for the Allied channel for your faction and listen for people organizing one. It also doesn't hurt to ask for one. 2xp lasts one more week so you have until then.

Very quick way for me is to: buy all flashpoint XP boosts as Legacy perks, wear the dvl-armor, use an XP boost and then spam Vet-FPs while doing Heroics in between.

Earlier it was always very easy to farm Bestia adds in DF, as soon as you hit 50. Obviously need a group for that. :)

My process involves minimal grinding:

* By all Legacy XP boosts for Class and Exploration missions.

* Use Major XP boost tokens as available, consuming one as soon as the last expires.

* Do every Exploration mission in every zone on every planet, including every mission's bonus objectives.

* Do every HERO mission available on every planet.

* Grind as many extra mobs in each mission zone as desired.

My experience with the steps above has taught me that I can reach:

* Level 22 by the time I'm ready to leave either side's starting planet, which lets me buy L22 gear mods for my favorite Cartel Armor in preparation for the Black Talon or Esseles.

* Level 25 by the time I've completed the Black Talon or Esseles on Story mode.

* Level 40 by the time I've completed every mission on either side's home world.

Incidentally, The Talon and Esseles are the only FPs I ever do.

Edited by Nyghtfal

As above but I also buy all gsf boosts and queue get fromevel 1. If you are decent even stock ships can get 5 or more kills per match. Also constantly queued for pvp at same time. I have 3 hours on my new Mara halfway through korriban I'm level 39

During the DvL event I was mixing up flashpoints and heroics. I was a little bit slower than the top speed levelers who were hitting 65 with 5 hours of play. At that time I don't think anyone was doing the colicoid grind, but I might just not have been aware of it. I have heard that grouping with a high level character and farming mobs in Yavin is also fast, but again, I haven't tried it myself.

The fastest way to level is to just buy the instant 70 token (or 60/65 one)...

The answers above involve buying boosts and grinding stuff, why waste that time. The token skips stuff that people are suggesting you skip anyway, so you aren't missing anything.

^^ Bingo. :)

That said.... Trixxie, maybe how about just relax and enjoy leveling during the 2X event.... you will level fast and may actually find some new things to enjoy in the process out on the planets. Baring that, running heroics is probably the fastest... simply because they generally only take a few minutes each AND you get instant travel to the heroic.... so queue up 15-20 at a time from the Fleet terminal and go.

Edited by Andryah

My process involves minimal grinding:

* By all Legacy XP boosts for Class and Exploration missions.

* Use Major XP boost tokens as available, consuming one as soon as the last expires.

* Do every Exploration mission in every zone on every planet, including every mission's bonus objectives.

* Do every HERO mission available on every planet.

* Grind as many extra mobs in each mission zone as desired.

My experience with the steps above has taught me that I can reach:

* Level 22 by the time I'm ready to leave either side's starting planet, which lets me buy L22 gear mods for my favorite Cartel Armor in preparation for the Black Talon or Esseles.

* Level 25 by the time I've completed the Black Talon or Esseles on Story mode.

* Level 40 by the time I've completed every mission on either side's home world.

Incidentally, The Talon and Esseles are the only FPs I ever do.

I’m pretty sure none of those boosts work during a double XP event

^^ Bingo. :)

That said.... Trixxie, maybe how about just relax and enjoy leveling during the 2X event.... you will level fast and may actually find some new things to enjoy in the process out on the planets. Baring that, running heroics is probably the fastest... simply because they generally only take a few minutes each AND you get instant travel to the heroic.... so queue up 15-20 at a time from the Fleet terminal and go.

I need to try and get 3 toons to lvl 70.

I’ve done all the quests at least 20 times each in the past.

I’m only going to be using the 3 to pvp with, so they don’t need to complete class quests.

I’m not paying for a instant lvl 70

I do know there is a way to lvl quick with a group of people on the Imp side farming colicoids.

I wanted to know what way you do it on the rep side.

I need to try and get 3 toons to lvl 70.

I’ve done all the quests at least 20 times each in the past.

I’m only going to be using the 3 to pvp with, so they don’t need to complete class quests.

I’m not paying for a instant lvl 70

I do know there is a way to lvl quick with a group of people on the Imp side farming colicoids.

I wanted to know what way you do it on the rep side.

I've seen people group up and kill the mobs on alderaan in one of the pub side heroic areas. There's a nice grouping and they respawn pretty quickly.

However, it irritates people going there for the heroic, because they need those mobs too.

/shrug

Edited by Darevsool

There you go, I learnt something. Shame you had to go back to 2013 to find out, you’d think something like that should be a sticky

I already knew, I just wanted an official citation to back me up and that was the only one I could find.

In any case, I'm glad I could help.

The fastest way to level is to just buy the instant 70 token (or 60/65 one)...

The answers above involve buying boosts and grinding stuff, why waste that time. The token skips stuff that people are suggesting you skip anyway, so you aren't missing anything.

I wonder the same thing myself, because when we put money, or Cartel coins into every single legacy box for Xp and Exploration, then i think i mine as well as just get a friggin' instant 70 token instead. Of course some people like me need to make a new character now and then when we forget how to play a certain class character for pvp.

Edited by MandFlurry

Idk what is fast for you.

If you want to get to 70 in few hours, theres a heroic in Balmorra, pubside (idk if theres a farm area for imps, might have, but Idk where, maybe Nar Shaddaa) where people farm Colicoids and level pretty fast.

What I do: I wear the DvL set plus the boosts you gain from storyline, do main story quests and the low level planets heroics from capital planet to Nar Shadda and sometimes Tat too. In 2 or 3 days the class story is finished and I'm into 70.

I did that on a sent in the last xp week, now I'm rolling another assassin and already at 50 and starting Hoth (in 2 days of playing 3 to 4 hours). Probably tomorrow I will finish the main storyline and hit 70 with the same amount of time played.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I don't spacebar the cutscenes. if you do that, probably will gain a lot of time.

Edited by RafaelPeretz

Idk what is fast for you.

If you want to get to 70 in few hours, theres a heroic in Balmorra, pubside (idk if theres a farm area for imps, might have, but Idk where, maybe Nar Shaddaa) where people farm Colicoids and level pretty fast.

What I do: I wear the DvL set plus the boosts you gain from storyline, do main story quests and the low level planets heroics from capital planet to Nar Shadda and sometimes Tat too. In 2 or 3 days the class story is finished and I'm into 70.

I did that on a sent in the last xp week, now I'm rolling another assassin and already at 50 and starting Hoth (in 2 days of playing 3 to 4 hours). Probably tomorrow I will finish the main storyline and hit 70 with the same amount of time played.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I don't spacebar the cutscenes. if you do that, probably will gain a lot of time.

Thanks heaps Raf, that’s exaclty what I’m looking for. Do you know what the heroic is called?

The Imps use the Balmorra heroic, "A Question of Motivation," and grind the colicoid mobs. Since this is an instance, if you go alone, there might not be regular respawn of mobs. If you're in a raid group with a few people, the repops will be plentiful. I had no DvL armor, just an xp boost (the consumable item, not the cartel coin unlock which is per character and in five steps, each one more expensive). I went from 40 to 70 in about two hours, maybe two and a half, on a Lightning Sorcerer, with a raid group. With the group being fairly large, continual respawn of colicoid mobs was swift.

It's probably easier to find a group for these bug hunts by asking in Balmorra general chat.

Republic toons go to a little-used Imperial outpost on Nar Shaddaa, I think in the Network Security District; the nearest heroic (just use the transport and then get to the grinding area) is "The Morgu'kai." They run around the outpost, both levels, continually killing the mobs. (Quest mobs show as friendly, even though you can't interact with them, and cannot be killed.)

Pubs can join one of these groups by asking in the Allies channel (/cjoin Allies).

Edited by HollyUSEC

The Imps use the Balmorra heroic, "A Question of Motivation," and grind the colicoid mobs. Since this is an instance, if you go alone, there might not be regular respawn of mobs. If you're in a raid group with a few people, the repops will be plentiful. I had no DvL armor, just an xp boost (the consumable item, not the cartel coin unlock which is per character and in five steps, each one more expensive). I went from 40 to 70 in about two hours, maybe two and a half, on a Lightning Sorcerer, with a raid group. With the group being fairly large, continual respawn of colicoid mobs was swift.

It's probably easier to find a group for these bug hunts by asking in Balmorra general chat.

Republic toons go to a little-used Imperial outpost on Nar Shaddaa, I think in the Network Security District; the nearest heroic (just use the transport and then get to the grinding area) is "The Morgu'kai." They run around the outpost, both levels, continually killing the mobs. (Quest mobs show as friendly, even though you can't interact with them, and cannot be killed.)

Pubs can join one of these groups by asking in the Allies channel (/cjoin Allies).

Thanks for the info. I took two lvl 20s to 70 tonight.

Is the idea here for the veterans that you can level to 70, then work your way back through story content as a 70 (i.e. a Master's Datacron workaround)?

Is the idea here for the veterans that you can level to 70, then work your way back through story content as a 70 (i.e. a Master's Datacron workaround)?

The idea is you can speed lvl up fast if you already have 40 Alts and don’t want to do all the story again to get a lvl 70 to do pvp or other end game content like Operations.

But essentially it’s like getting the masters datacron, just with a little work because you can’t really do it until your about lvl 20 and then it does take a few hours.

This has been in the game for many years. I’d just never felt the need to do it before because I could always lvl up in pvp. That is no longer the case because lowbies and Mids hardly pop.

The idea is you can speed lvl up fast if you already have 40 Alts and don’t want to do all the story again to get a lvl 70 to do pvp or other end game content like Operations.

But essentially it’s like getting the masters datacron, just with a little work because you can’t really do it until your about lvl 20 and then it does take a few hours.

This has been in the game for many years. I’d just never felt the need to do it before because I could always lvl up in pvp. That is no longer the case because lowbies and Mids hardly pop.

This is kinda why I'm asking. Cuz if you already have dozens of leveled alts, and you're not doing story, and not leveling through PvP...? I just want to know if I'm missing something, b/c honestly without leveling via PvP (which is excruciating now), I see no reason not to just rush to 70 myself. Since GC, the game otherwise punishes lowbie play and gates you from everything else if you're <70, which is what the master's datacron was meant to address...