Eric, please FIX HUTT BALL maps or remove them from rotation

TrixxieTriss

Eric, these bugs and desync issues are getting worse, which is saying something. In all the years I’ve played HB and QB, this the worst it’s ever been.

I love HB, but now I leave 9/10 matches because of the bugs and desync problems.

You know the problems, anyone who steps into a HB match can see them, so I’m not going to rehash it all here unless you need me to give examples.

As it stands, I’m now having to boycott my favourite pvp in the game till it’s fixed. How many more things can you take away from my enjoyment of the game?

Mr Musco, can you guys please get a team onto this and at least acknowledge it’s problem and on your radar.

FYI, all pvp maps are getting worse with these problems, but HB and QB are the worst of all, so please start with them.

This is going to get buried over the weekend.

I completely agree. I was in a match last week in the Quesh Pit. I was on the platform leading to my team's goal with the ball-carrier coming towards me, then they disappeared, but I could still see the beam in front of me. I hit my knockback because they were showing out of range of any attacks.

The beam kinda jiggled for a few seconds, for lack of a better term, then just flashed by me and the ball-carrier reappeared 2 steps from the goal.

I think the classic HB map is alright, it has its issues, but QHB makes me want to punch a hundred kittens.

Nah, they are both really bad, it’s just Quesh Ball is even worse.

If you go back 2 years ago there were half the problems we see in Quesh Ball now and the only things we saw in normal Hutt Ball was Operative roll bug,

Both maps are severely broken and need to be taken out of the rotation till fixed. I had to leave 7 matches last night be cause Hutt Ball just kept popping constantly.

Either remove or reduce the pop percentages to 1 in 50.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

As these issues are observable in many other parts of the game (now even PvE), it's not Huttball specifically they need to fix, it's the engine. But I, too, would like to get this solved, since these desync windows are long and make any counterplay impossible.

Till then, please don't remove Huttball from the rotation. They are still fun maps.

HAHAHAHA. I knew there was a dark side to you. :D

Like you wouldn't believe! 😈 Mwhuhaha

Nah, they are both really bad, it’s just Quesh Ball is even worse.

If you go back 2 years ago there were half the problems we see in Quesh Ball now and the only things we saw in normal Hutt Ball was Operative roll bug,

Both maps are severely broken and need to be taken out of the rotation till fixed. I had to leave 7 matches last night be cause Hutt Ball just kept popping constantly.

Either remove or reduce the pop percentages to 1 in 50.

Yeah, like I said, they have their problem, but QHB takes the cake. I'd be embarrassed to have such an atrocity in my game, had I owned it.🎅

Edited by Eshvara

Like you wouldn't believe! 😈 Mwhuhaha

Yeah, like I said, they have their problem, but QHB takes the cake. I'd be embarrassed to have such an atrocity in my game, had I owned it.🎅

Yeah, what really grinds my gears is every patch seems to make it worse, even though the patches have nothing to do with the Quesh Ball.

IMO, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way they are coding some other parts of the game that are causing these problems.

They need to take a good hard look at Quesh Ball in particular to see what needs to be done to fix it and to stop it reoccurring. If they can’t fix it, they should remove it.

As these issues are observable in many other parts of the game (now even PvE), it's not Huttball specifically they need to fix, it's the engine. But I, too, would like to get this solved, since these desync windows are long and make any counterplay impossible.

Till then, please don't remove Huttball from the rotation. They are still fun maps.

I know it’s crept into all parts of the game, it’s really annoying. But I don’t think it’s the engine. We never had these problems 6,5,4,3 or 2 years ago. The engine hasn’t changed since then.

I started to notice them when Makeb exp came out, but they were minor, then Bioware went into story only mode expansions and they gradually got worse. Now in the past 15 months since 5.0 was released, they have been accelerating and getting more noticeable in other parts of the game, not just pvp. The mergers seemed to have accentuated it even more, which leads me to believe at least some of it is hardware related in either the backend network or servers.

I honestly believe they are changing the code too much from how it was originally customised (I know why, the new guys don’t understand what the old guys did). The problem is they seem to be breaking parts of the game that never had majorly problems like this before. Too much change is unraveling things.

The engine has always had problems and put limits on pvp, but it’s not the sole issue here because it was fine (mostly) for all those years and it’s still the back bone of the game, nothing’s changed. The only thing that’s changed in that time are the coders and the hardware. It’s the only explanation for why these things are constantly getting worse.

I know it’s crept into all parts of the game, it’s really annoying. But I don’t think it’s the engine. We never had these problems 6,5,4,3 or 2 years ago. The engine hasn’t changed since then.

I started to notice them when Makeb exp came out, but they were minor, then Bioware went into story only mode expansions and they gradually got worse. Now in the past 15 months since 5.0 was released, they have been accelerating and getting more noticeable in other parts of the game, not just pvp. The mergers seemed to have accentuated it even more, which leads me to believe at least some of it is hardware related in either the backend network or servers.

I honestly believe they are changing the code too much from how it was originally customised (I know why, the new guys don’t understand what the old guys did). The problem is they seem to be breaking parts of the game that never had majorly problems like this before. Too much change is unraveling things.

The engine has always had problems and put limits on pvp, but it’s not the sole issue here because it was fine (mostly) for all those years and it’s still the back bone of the game, nothing’s changed. The only thing that’s changed in that time are the coders and the hardware. It’s the only explanation for why these things are constantly getting worse.

Didn't they do some graphics overhaul last year, or earlier, when they raised speeder piloting? If so, that's probably the culprit in this case. I remember when npc's and mobs used to spawn, they popped up in like a little bubble. This was back in 2016, before 5.0. After coming back last October (2017), when they pop up it's like a screen tear, and I took it for tearing at first, then realized it was mobs/ncps loading.

Game is hard, change game to meet my wants.

F those that understand the maps and work together.

Careful what you ask for. BW knee jerk it and screw over the community, instead of tweaking the root causes.

Besides, it's been years, nothing will change when the game is in sunset

Game is hard, change game to meet my wants.

F those that understand the maps and work together.

Careful what you ask for. BW knee jerk it and screw over the community, instead of tweaking the root causes.

Besides, it's been years, nothing will change when the game is in sunset

This isn't about it being "hard."

This isn't about "not understanding the maps" or "working together."

This is about the graphic glitches in reporting a character's position in-game. IE when a character appears to be on the lower level of the QHB arena and is actually on the top level about to run the ball across the goal, and you can't do anything but watch because they show out of range even though they're actually in your face.

As far as being careful what you ask for? In this case they couldn't really screw it up any worse than it is.

A lot of the "stuttering" you're experiencing is players using the "Fly" .exe that's available for download. They're not afraid to use it outright anymore because no one is going to do a thing about it.

A lot of the "stuttering" you're experiencing is players using the "Fly" .exe that's available for download. They're not afraid to use it outright anymore because no one is going to do a thing about it.

Can you please PM me what you mean. I know you can’t post it.

Great, I seen some odd graphic anomaly too but figured it was just a glitch, seen it maybe 2-3 times over the weekend also in huttball. Is this a new hack?

Star Bugs : The Old Desync.. :rak_09: Anyways, desyncing has gotten to the point where i also leave every single huttball even though i like them the most... Or used to like until this glitching **** started happening in literally EVERY HB & QHB, i've noticed it's happening way more in matches where predations are available, or maybe thats just me but point stands, huttball is ****ed, both of them.. QHB is total aids festering *****how that gets ur blood pressure to dangerous levels.

I'm relieved to see this. Because I have a power rig and connection, but I was still wondering if this was something on my end. Also wondered if this was hacking/cheating too. I'm glad to see that others are reporting this too, though it sucks that it appears to be a bigger issue...

/signed.

I love huttball more than any other map in the game but dsync is making huttball unplayable. It is no longer small inconstant spikes of dsync but now game altering, costly, bugs that in most cases lose the game for you.

Play lowbie huttball. Almost no one has those abilities that most activate the glitches, plus it's harder for one uber-player to dominate the game, since everyone dies so quick. :D

Actually lowbie HB when you sometimes get teams where nearly everyone is below lvl 16 is amazing. No one has stuns or stun breaks. It’s all about passing and team work. Which is funny because people actually try to do it. After lvl 16, something changes in their mind set and most stop trying to play the ball

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I <3 Huttball, glitches or no glitches. Huttball League, please.

I’ve wanted a Hutt Ball league since it was first suggested 6 years ago. Still waiting and wishing. But the really need to fix dysnc before it can happen. I can live with Operative rolling off the top in HB. But not them rolling through the floor in QB

And here we are again, everybody hacking huttball. Oh dear topic, how I missed you!

It’s not hacks, it’s the dysnc and bugs. Although I have seen two hacks this year. One speed runner. Pretty sure it was JaZ. The second was someone at the ball before the screen went down. Best guess it was one JaZ’s mates

I'm relieved to see this. Because I have a power rig and connection, but I was still wondering if this was something on my end. Also wondered if this was hacking/cheating too. I'm glad to see that others are reporting this too, though it sucks that it appears to be a bigger issue...

It’s not your system, it’s Bioware’s. They obviously went for a middle of the range dell and not a custom water cooled rig #sarcasm.