(Spoilers) 1st part of DK is overtuned in vet mode

keitzy

The Primal Vine Cat does way to much damage for a rank 1 heals to handle. I am in DVL XP set so my armor rating is 128. The Cat hits for 25k each hit and the add's destroy my companion.

I am all for hard content but I have never ever in any games in 20 years + put the game difficulty back down to easy.

Either let us have our rank 50 companion or nerf the stupid fight. Everyone in chat are dying over and over to this beast.

Don't tell me to get gud because I am a nightmare raider and 1st /2nd top rankin in regs/ranked pvp so I know my class very well and my rotation. Currently on a Lethality Operative.

EDIt gave up on my Operative and jumped on my merc. GOt past Vine cat, 2nd Geno but the last Geno is way too hard.

Edited by keitzy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding out that 224 set bonus geared NIM raiders are getting smashed as well and some jsut barely beating it.

SO back to story mode until I can grind out some better gear in 3 months time.

Should be about skill not gear. Bad mistake bioware.

Should be about skill not gear. Bad mistake bioware.

I just defeated that cat in Veteran mode with a 216 set bonus sage. The trick is to attempt to kite/CC it and slowly damage it down. An AoE attack like Sweeping Blaster/Telekinetic Wave/Whirlwind Strike/Vigilant Thrust helps to get rid of the adds. Attempt to kill two adds seperately from the group just before they reach Acina.

I've finished KOTET veteran mode and all chapters except DK were brain dead easy. So chapter 2 is definitively overtuned. My guess is that chapter 2 is tuned for master mode not veteran mode.

I beat with it my jugg in 208 pvp gear and I increased acina influence rank to 15. In comparison, the final fights with Arcann, Vaylin and valkorion were a huge let down because they were tedious and boring.

Edited by trashy_spartan

Oh that´s very good to know then... I noticed that the trash/mobs were already hitting harder in chapter 1 and once I reached the GenoHaradan bossfights it was like the hardest thing I ever attempted solo on my marauder. I died so often and thought that I really must have done something wrong fundamentally. But turns out they just do waayy more damage than usual, it seems. Was almost convinced sm is the way to go, but if it´s really just this dk part then I´m gonna ask for some backup temporarly and continue the rest on veteran since apart from all this dying recently, I am very enjoying the challenge and the story so far. ;)

Switched to story mode, left comp on tank didn't even fight just watched her kill the lot with no help from me. Great balance!!!!

Just to note: veteran mode was stated as tuned to a companion level of 20 minimum.

Are you being forced to use a level 1 companion by the encounter?

Edited by Andryah

I've finished KOTET veteran mode and all chapters except DK were brain dead easy. So chapter 2 is definitively overtuned. My guess is that chapter 2 is tuned for master mode not veteran mode.

I beat with it my jugg in 208 pvp gear and I increased acina influence rank to 15.

I can get past the vine cat but I'm having a hell of a time with the assassins. What kill order did you use for that fight? Maybe I just need to get Acina's influence up a lot.

I can get past the vine cat but I'm having a hell of a time with the assassins. What kill order did you use for that fight? Maybe I just need to get Acina's influence up a lot.

I've done it on my sentinel, I LOS the entire group behind a rock on the side of the cliff after the shuttle. It made things a lot easier to clear since they are all stacked up. That was with Acina at influence 1.

Edited by ludoviccb

I've done it on my sentinel, I LOS the entire group behind a rock on the side of the cliff after the shuttle. It made things a lot easier to clear since they are all stacked up. That was with Acina at influence 1.

YEAH!!!! I did it, I did it, I did it!

Woohoo!

And I even beat those three gena-whatevers in the temple. Holy cow that was hard.

This is the greatest expansion ever. Holy moley that was awesome.

I absolutely confirm the last fight on chapter 2 is nigh impossible with low lvl companion on Veteran. Did everything else on 216/220 gear on my lvl 67 vigilance guardian but that fight....

Currently on chapter 5 with little to no problems on Veteran.

I absolutely confirm the last fight on chapter 2 is nigh impossible with low lvl companion on Veteran. Did everything else on 216/220 gear on my lvl 67 vigilance guardian but that fight....

Currently on chapter 5 with little to no problems on Veteran.

206440 damage from the Leader on Acina. 3 x her HP pool.

I keep geting two shotted. I cc the other elite and try to fight the leader but his damage is over the top.

being grappled, laggy servers and overtuned damage is not fun. I am all for hard content but this is absolute trash.

Where is the middle ground. Story mode is joke but veteran chapter 2 is way too overtuned.

Edited by keitzy

Well, if true, bug report it so they can fix it. :)

It's not a bug, it is a design choice. They do not force people to do the content, but they do enforce the use of certain companions if you choose to do it.

Edited by Exly

Well I guess that puts the popular and over used meme of "game is too easy" to rest now, doesn't it? :D

Pretty well nukes the "companions are over powered" meme too. :cool:

Wait until people get good gear, then it will be easy again. Also, companions got a nerffed hard last year before being boosted to their current level of power (which is less than what they had at 4.0 launch). Back then people were kicking healers from flashpoints because companion healers were more powerful than players. It was a problem back then and EA fixed it.

Edited by Exly