"Immortal" Valkorion Spoilers

Anysao

Turns out from the Livestream he's already dead. Yeah, the Knights of Zakuul tell you after you're released from carbonite (Chapter 3) you are under arrest as you are "Guilty of the assassination of the Immortal Emperor Valkorion."

How you managed to kill an "immortal?" I have no idea.

How does this affect your ability to kneel to him? I have no idea.

Why the Empire of Zakuul decided to freeze you in carbonite instead of kill you for this crime? I have no idea.

Why BioWare killed him off so early? I do have an idea of that;

It seems to be implied from the dialogue that Arcann inherited the Immortal Throne after his father's passing.

To paraphrase:

Outlander: "They're here because Arcann is too afraid to face me."

Lana Beniko: "...No offence, but I think the only thing Arcann has ever been afraid of was his father."

That's also past tense there, if you didn't notice. I guess its even possible Arcann killed him.

Discuss at length my friends. At least this explains why the Empire of Zakuul is "after you, specifically."

Edited by Anysao

Turns out from the Livestream he's already dead. Yeah, the Knights of Zakuul tell you after you're released from carbonite (Chapter 3) you are under arrest as you are "Guilty of the assassination of the Immortal Emperor Valkorion."

How you managed to kill an "immortal?" I have no idea.

Why the Empire of Zakuul decided to freeze you in carbonite instead of kill you for this crime? I have no idea.

Why BioWare killed him off so early? I do have an idea of that;

It seems to be implied from the dialogue that Arcann inherited the Immortal Throne after his father's passing.

To paraphrase:

Outlander: "They're here because Arcann is too afraid to face me."

Lana Beniko: "...No offence, but I think the only thing Arcann has ever been afraid of was his father."

That's also past tense there, if you didn't notice. I guess its even possible Arcann killed him.

Discuss at length my friends. At least this explains why the Empire of Zakuul is "after you, specifically."

That dialogue leads me to believe we didn't kill Valkorion. Let's examine this for a moment. The Outlander claims that "Arcann is too afraid to face me." Lana then claims "No offense but I think the only thing Arcann has ever been afraid of was his father." If you killed him her line wouldn't make sense. Because the outlander would give her a funny look and be like "Uh... yeah.. which is why he's scared of me." This implies no. It wasn't the outlander who kills him.

So either he killed his own father and now fears nothing or.. you didn't really kill him. Given from the datamines it's implied Valkorion = Vitiate and given how Vitiate disappeared on the Sith empire to do his own thing/see what happens.. it wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing again. Leaving you as a fugitive while his son picks up the pieces.

I think he asks, if you will kneel in chapter 1. I think if you don't kneel to him, you will attack him and "kill" him. Imo he will also "die" if you kneel to him(because you still get frozen in carbonite), maybe he attacks you.

Edited by hanebuch

*snip*

Just want to point out a few things: "Immortal Emperor" is a title. The one who sits on the Eternal Throne is called the Immortal Emperor. In the late Roman Empire, Emperors had, amongst other titles, "Caesar." That's not actually a title, nor does it carry real meaning. It's literally a name that was appropriated from the first Emperor: Octavius Iulius Caesar, better known as Octavian. Later Emperors didn't have that as a name, it was just part of the titles - they weren't literally part of that family. Similarly, just because Valkorion's title (presumably one of many) is "Immortal Emperor," does not necessarily mean it is literal.

Second, immortal does not mean invincible. Elves in Lord of the Rings are immortal, too. Galadriel is more than 100,000 years old by the time of the movies, for instance. Yet, they can clearly be killed.

People often mistake invincibility with agelessness. Someone who is immortal is ageless. They are beyond age. They likely will not die from old age. They won't decay. An immortal can usually still be killed.

It's not even that. Valkorion can be seen clearly growing old (turning grey, facial lines, etc) as Dexan and Arcann grow up. "Immortal Emperor" is purely figurative.

It's not even that. Valkorion can be seen clearly growing old (turning grey, facial lines, etc) as Dexan and Arcann grow up. "Immortal Emperor" is purely figurative.

Possibly, but if he isn't truly ageless, that kind of interferes with his dual-identity with Vitiate.

If you squint a bit and look to the dialouge choices during the stream after you are accused, one of the options is to say that Arcann was the one who killed Valkorian.

Where did you get this information? The options you can see are:

1 I'm innocent

2. Valkorian had to be stopped

3. What is their doctrine, Lana?(choosen option)

BioWare claims that choices matter a lot in this expansion, and from what we've seen, they will (at least more than they did in the Original Game). Perhaps its possible (heck, even likely, since the dev only chose dark choices) that Arcann only kills Valkorion is we kneel to him.

Can you blame Arcann, though? The guy literally gave his father the galaxy, and never got more than a handshake for killing his brother. The Outlander, on the other hand, has attempted to setback the Emperor every step he or she could... Yet for some reason, Valkorion offers to share the Empire of Zakuul with you.

That would piss me off, too!

Well that's interesting, well it's been pretty much confirmed that Vitiate is Valkorion so is it possible that after the original Valkorion's death, Vitiate went and took over in disguise? It seems unlikely that Vitiate would just get killed.

All a bit strange, maybe Vitiate finally just kicks the bucket.

That would negate that choice maters, if such a massive choice of fighting or siding with him results in the same thing.

Choice A - We kneel, we get frozen for 5 years, everyone in the Immortal Empire blames us and we fight them for 12 chapters, then at the end as we stand over a crushed empire everyone goes oh it wasn't you it was a terrible mistake. Bit late now that through the entire game we have acted like you did kill him.

Choice B - We don't kneel and fight and kill him, everyone in the Immortal Empire blames us and we fight them for 12 chapters, then at the end as we stand over a crushed empire everyone goes the empire was wrong to invade it was a terrible mistake. And you will be in the exact same position as before.

Its like all the dialogue options in the current game where you get to say you don't agree with the plan and then get told its the plan and your responses are, yes, ok and sure.

Even if our "choices matter," which they undoubtedly won't, it's really unrealistic to think it'll branch that much, especially with 8 variations of the same character being brought into the mix. It's just impossible, or more improbable, to expect that from any story in any game anywhere. Yeah, choice should matter, but they will never have the giant impact that will actually do them justice, and no the Witcher is not an example of how they do.

Well that's interesting, well it's been pretty much confirmed that Vitiate is Valkorion so is it possible that after the original Valkorion's death, Vitiate went and took over in disguise? It seems unlikely that Vitiate would just get killed.

All a bit strange, maybe Vitiate finally just kicks the bucket.

No, Vitiate hasn't possessed Valkorion. They've actually just been one and the same. When talking with Valkorion, he reveals that he's been building the Eternal Empire alongside the Sith Empire. Thus the quote "I have built the Empire of Zakuul to surpass all my previous works." Well, the Sith Empire was a previous work.

And can you blame him? After all, if you have the power to create a galaxy-spanning empire with total and utter devotion to you, why would you bother to involve other Sith? All that'll cause is drama and backstabbing. No, best start from scratch. New Empire, new Force-using Order, new name, new face.

And thus, Valkorion the Immortal Emperor.

Now the one thing I can't really figure out is why immortality is such a big deal to the people of Zakuul. The Emperor is 1,300 (to the Sith Empire), but they never really mention that being cause for worship. Eternal Empire, Immortal Emperor... Its just a strange trait. I'm sure it'll be explained.

The thing is, people are hoping that he is not dead by episode III, and have referenced the line by Beniko about Arcann fearing his father. Well how it is worded is what makes me think the body of the Immortal Emperor is deceased. Lana Beniko says that, the only person Arcann feared was his father. Take note to 'feared' which is clearly past tense to 'fears'. This to me presumes that Valkorion is dead or his body is lifeless. As we know, if Valkorion and The Sith Emperor are one and the same, we know the Sith Emperor can exist as an entity. Or can move his soul into another body.

So to me, the body of the Immortal Emperor is dead. Who knows, maybe the Zakuul know that their beloved Emperor can switch bodies at a whim and they are just using his 'death' as propaganda to capture or kill the outlander.

This really should end tbh, this whole body/imortal thing going back and forth is becoming both boring and rather stupid...because it's not really giving off a great case for Vitiate as being good if he just keeps on dying over and over again and getting new bodies because of it.

I mean yeah, it's mostly his Voices and the like...but still, the whole immortality/body thing is becoming overdone with him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It has been implied that Valkorion is actually Vitiate's original body. I don't know what happens if the original body is killed…

It has not been implied at all. Valkorion is clearly Human whereas vitiate's original body has been CONFIRMED to be sith pureblood.

Source:

Edited by Stevenmagnet